Ehibhatiomhan

Plus offers to Hoilett and Clarke

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Squad Watch 2022/23

by Hound » 02 Jul 2022 20:35

It’s shaping up

Be nice to Ehib and Clarke to sign then happy with the u23 side of things

Hopefully some of the rumours from the last week come to fruition and we’re not miles away

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 02 Jul 2022 20:37

Hound It’s shaping up

Be nice to Ehib and Clarke to sign then happy with the u23 side of things
B
Hopefully some of the rumours from the last week come to fruition and we’re not miles away

If they don’t sign we could play Wickham and Long in the U23s

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 02 Jul 2022 21:10

Starting to get there bit by bit, good to get a win today, albeit against weaker opposition, and good to see Azeez has signed on as well which is good as he has plenty of promise as well. Should be good competition between him, Meite and Ince this season, or maybe a loan move away would do him good. Hoilett would be nice if he signed on as well for another year or two.

Hopefully during this next week we can recruit a LB as well Bowen mentioned and we could use a midfielder or two. Encouraged by Luongo if we can keep him injury free, if not he'd be a good squad option, not sure about Wickham to be honest, but again could be a useful squad option, particularly if Puscas leaves.

PATRIQT

by PATRIQT » 02 Jul 2022 23:40

Still bookies joint favourites with Rotherham to go down.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 02 Jul 2022 23:54

YorkshireRoyal99 Starting to get there bit by bit, good to get a win today, albeit against weaker opposition, and good to see Azeez has signed on as well which is good as he has plenty of promise as well. Should be good competition between him, Meite and Ince this season, or maybe a loan move away would do him good. Hoilett would be nice if he signed on as well for another year or two.

Hopefully during this next week we can recruit a LB as well Bowen mentioned and we could use a midfielder or two. Encouraged by Luongo if we can keep him injury free, if not he'd be a good squad option, not sure about Wickham to be honest, but again could be a useful squad option, particularly if Puscas leaves.

Azeez and Reading have not committed a two year contract for him to be loaned out.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Jul 2022 06:12

paultheroyal
YorkshireRoyal99 Starting to get there bit by bit, good to get a win today, albeit against weaker opposition, and good to see Azeez has signed on as well which is good as he has plenty of promise as well. Should be good competition between him, Meite and Ince this season, or maybe a loan move away would do him good. Hoilett would be nice if he signed on as well for another year or two.

Azeez and Reading have not committed a two year contract for him to be loaned out.

Yep, expecting big things from Azeez. I am hoping that because we had to play some of the under 23s more regularly than we would have wanted to last season we’ll benefit this one due to the experience they’ve gained.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Jul 2022 06:40

PATRIQT Still bookies joint favourites with Rotherham to go down.

That'll be due to a decent number of Judas bets.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jul 2022 07:42

blythspartan
paultheroyal

Yep, expecting big things from Azeez. I am hoping that because we had to play some of the under 23s more regularly than we would have wanted to last season we’ll benefit this one due to the experience they’ve gained.

He'll be hard pressed to get much game time competing with Meite and Ince on the right and Meite and Joao up top, before we sign any more strikers or wingers. Plus there's Camara.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of the young forwards go out on loan.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Jul 2022 09:16

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan
paultheroyal

He'll be hard pressed to get much game time competing with Meite and Ince on the right and Meite and Joao up top, before we sign any more strikers or wingers. Plus there's Camara.

Agree but that will be based on them all staying injury free. I’d have thought that they would have given Azeez some assurances about playing first team football which is why he has signed a new contract. But that’s just my opinion.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jul 2022 09:22

blythspartan
Snowflake Royal
blythspartan

Agree but that will be based on them all staying injury free. I’d have thought that they would have given Azeez some assurances about playing first team football which is why he has signed a new contract. But that’s just my opinion.

I would doubt he has any assurances this season. But with Ince in his 30s and Meite ooc next year, it would be easy to try to sell to him on being the built in replacement for transition.

And, of course, for all we know PInce doesn’t view Meite as a wide player and Azeez is second choice... although I don't think that would be good management of Meite.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Jul 2022 09:34

Now the squad is starting to take a bit more shape, thought I might take a look at depth by position.... assuming for now we play the same shape.

GK: Lumley, Bouzanis
RB: Yiadom, Abrefa
LB: ?, ?
CB: Holmes, Dann
CB: McIntyre, Dorsett
CM: ?, Tetek
CM: ?, ?
AM: ?, Camara
RW: Ince, Azeez
LW: Ejaria,
ST: Joao, Meite, ?

Obviously we could move Ince to LW (or even AM), Ejaria to AM and Meite into the first XI at RW to fill one of the four empty first XI slots. We could also put Dann in CB and move McIntyre into CM or LB and trust Tetek as first choice to bring us down to just one empty first XI slot. But neither of those is ideal.. quite risky.

Leaving out Southwood, Moore and Puscas as they are actively on the transfer list for the club.

Academy back up with senior appearances.

GK: Andresson
RB: Holzmann
LB: ?
CB: Stickland
CB: Abbey
CM: Osorio
CM: Craig (no appearance but just signed)
AM: ?
RW: Leavy(?)
LW: Scott
ST: Melvin-Lambert

Leaving out Clarke and Ehib as not sure if they're under contract.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 03 Jul 2022 18:50, edited 1 time in total.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 03 Jul 2022 09:56

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan
Snowflake Royal He'll be hard pressed to get much game time competing with Meite and Ince on the right and Meite and Joao up top, before we sign any more strikers or wingers. Plus there's Camara.

I would doubt he has any assurances this season. But with Ince in his 30s and Meite ooc next year, it would be easy to try to sell to him on being the built in replacement for transition.

And, of course, for all we know PInce doesn’t view Meite as a wide player and Azeez is second choice... although I don't think that would be good management of Meite.

Yeah that's why potentially a loan move this season with Meite and Ince in front and then maybe more involved next season. Although if we plan to use Meite as a striker, then it would make sense to keep him, just not sure how we fit Meite in as a striker considering we have Joao, as he won't get the minutes really.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Jul 2022 10:01

Snowflake Royal Now the squad is starting to take a bit more shape, thought I might take a look at depth by position.... assuming for now we play the same shape.

GK: Lumley, Bouzanis
RB: Yiadom, Abrefa
LB: ?, ?
CB: Holmes, Dann
CB: McIntyre, Dorsett
CM: ?, Tetek
CM: ?, ?
AM: ?, Camara
RW: Ince, Azeez
LW: Ejaria,
ST: Joao, Meite, ?

Obviously we could move Ince to LW (or even AM), Ejaria to AM and Meite into the first XI at RW to fill one of the four empty first XI slots. We could also put Dann in CB and move McIntyre into CM or LB and trust Tetek as first choice to bring us down to just one empty first XI slot. But neither of those is ideal.. quite risky.

Leaving out Southwood, Moore and Puscas as they are actively on the transfer list for the club.

Academy back up with senior appearances.

GK: Andresson
RB: ?
LB: ?
CB: Stickland
CB: Abbey (has he had a senior appearance yet?)
CM: Osorio
CM: Craig (no appearance but just signed)
AM: ?
RW: Leavy(?)
LW: Scott
ST: Melvin-Lambert

Leaving out Clarke and Ehib as not sure if they're under contract.

If we can fill some of the ?s with some of the players who are reportedly on trial with us I think we’ll have a competitive squad this season. I am feeling more confident that we can avoid relegation because I feel that we’ll end up with a much more balanced team.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 03 Jul 2022 11:23

Snowflake Royal
blythspartan
Snowflake Royal He'll be hard pressed to get much game time competing with Meite and Ince on the right and Meite and Joao up top, before we sign any more strikers or wingers. Plus there's Camara.

I cannot see Azeez going out on loan. Don’t forget five subs will be allowed next season. He will be on the bench and likely to be brought on regularly.

NathStPaul
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by NathStPaul » 03 Jul 2022 11:54

YorkshireRoyal99
Snowflake Royal
blythspartan

Yeah that's why potentially a loan move this season with Meite and Ince in front and then maybe more involved next season. Although if we plan to use Meite as a striker, then it would make sense to keep him, just not sure how we fit Meite in as a striker considering we have Joao, as he won't get the minutes really.

We will have a tiny squad and Meite and Joao are prone to injury. We are also likely paying Azeez the top wack we are allowed to pay him. Why on earth do you think we would loan him? He will be playing every week either starting or off the bench. Crazy opinion.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 03 Jul 2022 12:01

When people say that the 'squad is shaping up' - do you mean in a kind of "We'll at least put up a decent fight in the relegation battle" or are you more optimistic?

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Jul 2022 12:42

Elm Park Kid When people say that the 'squad is shaping up' - do you mean in a kind of "We'll at least put up a decent fight in the relegation battle" or are you more optimistic?

I am more optimistic as I feel like Bowen knows what’s needed to avoid relegation and he’ll ensure we have a better balance to the team. Also, we’ll have a lot of new players who aren’t associated with the dross of the last 18 months.

I think this time last year Huddersfield were one of the favourites to go down and we know what happened there. If Pince and Bowen can make us hard to beat we’ll have enough firepower up top to punish teams in this league. We need to keep Joao fit and make sure we have other players that can share the load.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Jul 2022 13:40

blythspartan
Elm Park Kid When people say that the 'squad is shaping up' - do you mean in a kind of "We'll at least put up a decent fight in the relegation battle" or are you more optimistic?

I am more optimistic as I feel like Bowen knows what’s needed to avoid relegation and he’ll ensure we have a better balance to the team. Also, we’ll have a lot of new players who aren’t associated with the dross of the last 18 months.

When Bowen departed 2 seasons ago. There were solid foundations in place to be built on. Whether a cheaply assembled squad is going to be competitive in the Championship is asking a lot for the season that lies ahead.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Jul 2022 13:53

Lower West
blythspartan

When Bowen departed 2 seasons ago. There were solid foundations in place to be built on. Whether a cheaply assembled squad is going to be competitive in the Championship is asking a lot for the season that lies ahead.

An expensively assembled squad didn’t fair too well. Luton and Huddersfield have proved that you don’t need to spend a fortune to get success. I am sure that we’ll most probably flirt with relegation this season but I think we can finish between 17th and 21st.

1554 posts