Hob Nob Addict

Did our protest work?

by WestYorksRoyal » 01 Jul 2022 16:28

Really good interview from Bowen here:

https://www.readingfc.co.uk/news/2022/j ... petitive-/

Key points:
- Recruitment will be hard but we're trying our best,
- There are clearer reporting lines and strategies at the club,
- While Dai is committed financially, he is a private man. Part of Bowen's job is to improve transparency and dialogue with the fans.

Could we ask for any more, apart from a time machine and going back to 2017? And it basically shows an intention to meet all demands set out by the fans earlier in the year.

This season will be tough, but hopefully we have cause for optimism. I guess if things don't go well, we need to be patient. The situation inherited is so dire that avoiding relegation will be very tough, but if the worst does happen let's try to avoid a HNA? meltdown and see how the club goes about trying to fix it.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Did our protest work?

by blythspartan » 01 Jul 2022 16:40

Personally, I believe P Ince has paid a big role in this happening. He was able to identify what was wrong fairly quickly last season and I think if his terms hadn’t been met he would not have stayed on as manager.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 01 Jul 2022 18:31

I think the owner and CEO had no choice really. The restrictions on is in the transfer market are pretty severe to a point where it's unlikely that many of Kia's friends would be paid enough to sign for us. I am glad Bowen is back and the bridge in communication between club and fans. Longer term we will be more sensibly run and have a plan when we bring players in.

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 01 Jul 2022 21:05

Financially, Dai has had little choice but to let go of the reins. Otherwise it would have been a hat trick of failures. In Chinese culture losing face is a sure way of losing other peoples respect.

SouthDownsRoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SouthDownsRoyal » 01 Jul 2022 21:47

Yeah, I think it was the protest that forced the change

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1