Sarr and Loum

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Sarr and Loum

by NewCorkSeth » 29 Jul 2022 20:34

Zip I’m optimistic Loum will turn out to be a very good signing.

Me too.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 29 Jul 2022 22:52

With the season quickly Louming, will he feature at Blackpool?

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 29 Jul 2022 23:55

CountryRoyal

With the season quickly Louming, will he feature at Blackpool?

Nope not registered in time

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 03 Aug 2022 15:35

A week has passed and still no sign of Sarr.

Will we soon have a Sarr man who plays in blue and white?

Or will it be Sarr long and thanks for all the fish?

Anyone have a good hypothesis on why this is taking so long?

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Aug 2022 16:02

morganb A week has passed and still no sign of Sarr.

Will we soon have a Sarr man who plays in blue and white?

Or will it be Sarr long and thanks for all the fish?

Anyone have a good hypothesis on why this is taking so long?

Same as the other signings. It needs EFL sign off. The EFL is not a big organisation, they have lots of other stuff to do and we don’t get priority.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Aug 2022 16:09

I was told at the weekend by a fellow Reading fan also living in Wootton Bassett that he was still weighing up his options and was potentially going to sign for Birmingham. I don’t think it was a wind up but when I mentioned it on another thread I was shown a link confirming that he’d signed for us. As the EFL are taking so long it might indicate that there’s a problem with the contract we’re offering him but that’s just my opinion.

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 03 Aug 2022 16:22

blythspartan I was told at the weekend by a fellow Reading fan also living in Wootton Bassett that he was still weighing up his options and was potentially going to sign for Birmingham. I don’t think it was a wind up but when I mentioned it on another thread I was shown a link confirming that he’d signed for us. As the EFL are taking so long it might indicate that there’s a problem with the contract we’re offering him but that’s just my opinion.

I was the one that posted the link showing Sarr photographed with his agent at Bearwood (?) but then realised he'd done a similar photo at Kaiserslautern but never joined them in the end either. I read what you posted the other day and realised that the Sarr rumour resurfaced on 23rd July expecting him to sign on Monday 25th. I appreciate the EFL are allowed to move slowly etc. but surely this is a lot slower than our other signings? I just wondered if there was anything else behind it and if anybody ITK had heard any more.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Aug 2022 17:09

As long as it follows the basic guidelines it shouldn’t need a long sign off. Bowen said it was very clear what the parameters were

If it’s delay on the EFL side, it’s not good enough honestly. If it’s because we’re trying to do something outside of those parameters then it’s only to be expected

Lower West
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Lower West » 03 Aug 2022 17:24

Hound As long as it follows the basic guidelines it shouldn’t need a long sign off. Bowen said it was very clear what the parameters were

If it’s delay on the EFL side, it’s not good enough honestly. If it’s because we’re trying to do something outside of those parameters then it’s only to be expected

Perhaps the EFL are awaiting sight of the draft annual accounts for the year ended June 2022.

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 03 Aug 2022 17:27

morganb
blythspartan I was told at the weekend by a fellow Reading fan also living in Wootton Bassett that he was still weighing up his options and was potentially going to sign for Birmingham. I don’t think it was a wind up but when I mentioned it on another thread I was shown a link confirming that he’d signed for us. As the EFL are taking so long it might indicate that there’s a problem with the contract we’re offering him but that’s just my opinion.

I was the one that posted the link showing Sarr photographed with his agent at Bearwood (?) but then realised he'd done a similar photo at Kaiserslautern but never joined them in the end either. I read what you posted the other day and realised that the Sarr rumour resurfaced on 23rd July expecting him to sign on Monday 25th. I appreciate the EFL are allowed to move slowly etc. but surely this is a lot slower than our other signings? I just wondered if there was anything else behind it and if anybody ITK had heard any more.

Ince said at the weekend it was done subject to EFL approval

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 03 Aug 2022 17:36

Wonder if it is dependent on shifting Puscas off the wage bill to create headroom in the salary cap?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2022 18:18

Hound As long as it follows the basic guidelines it shouldn’t need a long sign off. Bowen said it was very clear what the parameters were

Given none of the others appear to have taken this long, I doubt its the FL personally.

It really shouldn’t take a lot to get their sign off as you say. We have a clear wage cap. We have clear parameters around how we can make individual signings. The person isn’t really important, the deal is. If the deal fits within the general parameters and keeps us under the cap, there shouldn’t be an issue.

The most likely issues are:
There's actually a complication with the player agreeing
We're trying to get a deal through that isn't actually within the parameters or seems to be trying to manipulate them in some way.

3points
Hob Nob Regular

by 3points » 03 Aug 2022 19:04

Snowflake Royal

Given none of the others appear to have taken this long, I doubt its the FL personally.

It really shouldn’t take a lot to get their sign off as you say. We have a clear wage cap. We have clear parameters around how we can make individual signings. The person isn’t really important, the deal is. If the deal fits within the general parameters and keeps us under the cap, there shouldn’t be an issue.

We're trying to get a deal through that isn't actually within the parameters or seems to be trying to manipulate them in some way.
or we currently can’t afford it and so we’d breach the salary cap

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2022 19:06

3points
Snowflake Royal

or we currently can’t afford it and so we’d breach the salary cap
I'd include that in the second point, but yeah.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 03 Aug 2022 19:21

WE have no idea how long any of the other deals have taken to get signed off, so working on the basis that ‘none of the others have taken this long’ seems a rather dim line to take. Sarr hasn’t been on trial, other players have been around the club several weeks before being announced. We literally have no idea what the process is and how long expect it to take, we have no idea when Hutchinson was offered a deal and when we asked for signoff for example.
If the club have said it is done bar EFL sign off the most likely delay is the signoffs process. It could also be the player/agent have had second thoughts, it could be we’ve come up with a couple of other deals and might want to rethink where we are spending our money so have asked for the process to be paused.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 03 Aug 2022 19:40

Nameless WE have no idea how long any of the other deals have taken to get signed off, so working on the basis that ‘none of the others have taken this long’ seems a rather dim line to take. Sarr hasn’t been on trial, other players have been around the club several weeks before being announced. We literally have no idea what the process is and how long expect it to take, we have no idea when Hutchinson was offered a deal and when we asked for signoff for example.
If the club have said it is done bar EFL sign off the most likely delay is the signoffs process. It could also be the player/agent have had second thoughts, it could be we’ve come up with a couple of other deals and might want to rethink where we are spending our money so have asked for the process to be paused.

We’ll obviously find out in due course but however you look at it the subs bench will be filled with youngsters again this Saturday. I hope Ince will use them this weekend, otherwise, he may as well just name 2 subs.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 03 Aug 2022 20:44

We know that we took multiple players on trial we didn't sign. It's therefore clear we weren't just taking in people we definitely wanted to sign. That means it's very unlikely we started the signing process with the FL on the trialists we did sign from the moment they started training with us. Not least because it's far from certain we'd have wanted to sign Hutchinson or NGW given their age / pedigree. Therefore we can easily infer that many of our signings didn’t take this long.

We also know Loum was done within about a week of us stating our interest openly. Unlike Sarr.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 03 Aug 2022 20:48

NGW was a weird one as I thought there might be complications with that due to his age and that Wimbledon offered him a contract

On paper Sarr would be easier. Maybe there is work permit shit or something

Mind you it certainly isn’t out of the question that the EFL is being useless

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Aug 2022 21:12

The positive is we know from Ince that he was training with us all last week, so would imagine that has continued this week. So if it gets ratified tomorrow or Friday, he should be able to slot in on Saturday.

Nameless
Hob Nob Addict

by Nameless » 04 Aug 2022 07:24

Snowflake Royal We know that we took multiple players on trial we didn't sign. It's therefore clear we weren't just taking in people we definitely wanted to sign. That means it's very unlikely we started the signing process with the FL on the trialists we did sign from the moment they started training with us. Not least because it's far from certain we'd have wanted to sign Hutchinson or NGW given their age / pedigree. Therefore we can easily infer that many of our signings didn’t take this long.

We also know Loum was done within about a week of us stating our interest openly. Unlike Sarr.

That’s a shockingly bad analysis !