Ince & Ince appreciation thread.

117 posts
Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Ince & Ince appreciation thread.

by Millsy » 19 Aug 2022 11:16

NOT an in/out thread. Football’s a funny old game and we don’t know how things will pan out. But however things may turn out, while we are still calm and not bound by predictable knee jerk worthless emotions (positive or negative, depending) can we just show our honest appreciation for this hard working genuine dad and son team because:

Reading FC’s first black manager.

Straight talking, decent, thoroughly likeable chap.

Years out of management, written off (harshly) as a failure, but the balls to get straight back in at the deep end and try again - given a frosty reception of disappointment by fans expecting someone ‘better’ (I’ll hold my hands up to that).

Baptism of fire coming into the worst possible circumstances and succeeding by sorting out the Paunomess and keeping us up.

Being dealt an awful hand this season having to rebuild a broken team with loans and freebies.

Tom despite the difficulties at Stoke absolutely working his butt off here tirelessly on the pitch to turn things around for the club and almost a legend already.

For me a formidable father and son team, giving their absolute all it seems not to let each other or the club down. (also Reading’s first father&son? I don’t know)

A massive vote of appreciation from me while I’m still level headed enough to do so!

Dear Inces, Years down the line if you’re looking at this having won us the PL title you’ll know the appreciation is real not some meaningless fragile reactionary praise. And likewise if you’re looking at this having been sacked for taking us down, again you’ll see through the horrible negativity of fans caught up with the emotion of the circumstances and see the same. Good luck guys, keep it up!

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Ince & Ince appreciation thread.

by Millsy » 27 Aug 2022 17:03

Ok. Well even if noone else does, I appreciate you guys.

Top of the table.

Thank you Paul and Tom.
Last edited by Millsy on 27 Aug 2022 17:06, edited 1 time in total.

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 27 Aug 2022 17:06

Should be doing better.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 27 Aug 2022 17:08

Paul, we just wanted a quiet season away from a relegation fight. We need a break from the stress. Not different stress from being at the top. Stop it. :wink:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 27 Aug 2022 17:12

‘Apparently’ he’s an ignorant pcunt to the RFC staff.

It’s working !

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 28 Aug 2022 09:27

Well he did give them the hair dryer treatment for not winning more comfortably yesterday, that`s the mindset i like. don`t be content with just winning, ram home the sodding advantage rather than having us biting our nails for the final minutes.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 04 Sep 2022 13:53

Absolutely brilliant again today Tom.

Thanks boys.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 04 Sep 2022 14:05

Great reaction.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 04 Sep 2022 14:16

Seriously, if anyone ever questions the amount of work that Joao does, we need to replay the TInce interview after the game.

“He can ignore me as long as he puts away goals”
“I don’t mind compensating, I do his running he scores the finishing “

The PInce interview is nearly as good

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 04 Sep 2022 14:22

Did I also pick up TInce say ‘it was first time he’s run in behind all season’ :lol:

CavershamRoyal

by CavershamRoyal » 04 Sep 2022 14:51

TInce fast becoming one of the best players we’ve had in years. Never gives up, defensively excellent, always providing an outlet and carrying the ball forwards. Big fan.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 04 Sep 2022 15:23

I think his dad has told him he won`t get any pocket money if he doesn`t put in a shift every week.
One Stoke fan said how come he turned into Kante since he left them? because he was never like that for them.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Sep 2022 09:15

Just popping in to say I was wrong about Tom Ince. I said it was a poor signing, in a position we didn't need and a waste of our limited wages.

I was dead wrong. He's been such a positive influence this season. The running, the drive.. its inspiring.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Sep 2022 09:39

NewCorkSeth Just popping in to say I was wrong about Tom Ince. I said it was a poor signing, in a position we didn't need and a waste of our limited wages.

I was dead wrong. He's been such a positive influence this season. The running, the drive.. its inspiring.

Yeah. Happy to hold my hands up on this. I really couldn't see initially what he added but the more he's got up to speed the more he's impressed. His attitude and consistency this season has been excellent and he has real quality.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 06 Sep 2022 09:48

This is probably stating the bleedin' obvious but look at where Ince has done well during his career and then look at who his manager was in each instance.

If Ince was shit at Stoke, I'd suggest pointing the finger at the manager and how he was utilising him because he's always had a bit of quality and worked hard.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Sep 2022 12:51

AthleticoSpizz ‘Apparently’ he’s an ignorant pcunt to the RFC staff.

It’s working !
Yep, maybe that's what they need... standards have slipped.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 06 Sep 2022 12:53

windermereROYAL I think his dad has told him he won`t get any pocket money if he doesn`t put in a shift every week.
Perhaps it's more a case that his dad has told him he'll sell him if a Premier League club come in for him?...or perhaps he just likes playing for his Dad? If that's the case, maybe we should hire some of the other players Dad's as assistant coaches?

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 06 Sep 2022 12:58

Forbury Lion
windermereROYAL I think his dad has told him he won`t get any pocket money if he doesn`t put in a shift every week.
Perhaps it's more a case that his dad has told him he'll sell him if a Premier League club come in for him?...or perhaps he just likes playing for his Dad? If that's the case, maybe we should hire some of the other players Dad's as assistant coaches?

We could do with Papa Joao there every week if that works.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Sep 2022 15:13

Forbury Lion

He's not a kid anymore and his career has had it's ups and downs it's fair to say. Maybe he's enjoying playing at Reading and that he's appreciated.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Sep 2022 09:43

NewCorkSeth
Forbury Lion

We could do with Papa Joao there every week if that works.

Wasn't he there on Sunday giving out free pizza to the Eamon Dolan stand?

117 posts