PInce - Concerns Developing - Is He Confused?

135 posts
Zip
Hob Nob Legend

Re: PInce - Concerns Developing - Is He Confused?

by Zip » 05 Nov 2022 20:00

We are a workmanlike side but lack creativity and we are predictable. It’s football by numbers. With the strikers we have their lack of goals is a concern. I don’t think the Hendrick/Loum midfield partnership works. Neither offer much going forward. Jnr is convinced Hendrick’s loan deal has a clause included inserted to ensure he plays x amount of games. It does seem he is undroppable.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 05 Nov 2022 21:33

I don’t think there is any clause etc, but just Ince favours the experienced players over the younger ones generally

I’m not convinced by Loum/Hendrick but at times it looks like it should work. Think they are both just too inconsistent

Tbh not really sure what our best side is and I don’t think ince does either

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 05 Nov 2022 23:01

That side would surely include Hutchinson and Sarr.
I would like to see a 4-2-3-1 formation with something like

Lumley
Yiadom
Sarr
Holmes
Guinness-Walker
Hutchinson
Fornah
Meite
Hoilett
Ince
Joao

Bring on Long when we need to defend a lead and Carroll if we need to chase a game.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 06 Nov 2022 00:32

Zip We are a workmanlike side but lack creativity and we are predictable. It’s football by numbers. With the strikers we have their lack of goals is a concern. I don’t think the Hendrick/Loum midfield partnership works. Neither offer much going forward. Jnr is convinced Hendrick’s loan deal has a clause included inserted to ensure he plays x amount of games. It does seem he is undroppable.

Yet again I agree with the little Welsh wizard.

Hendrick offers not a great deal. Constantly caught in possession. Doesn’t drive the play forward. Isn’t defensively present.

Really disappointing.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2022 08:30

Zip That side would surely include Hutchinson and Sarr.

Lumley
Yiadom
Sarr
Holmes
Guinness-Walker
Hutchinson
Fornah
Meite
Hoilett
Ince
Joao

Bring on Long when we need to defend a lead and Carroll if we need to chase a game.

Yep looks decent. I’d prob not have Hoilett in the first 11. Certainly at the moment. Probably try ejaria there instead

Bench options - Hendrick, Loum, baba, long, Azeez, McIntyre, Hoilett, Carroll, Moore plus youth. Should be plenty good enough

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Nov 2022 09:09

Hound He did get the players to fight at the end of last season, hence why we stayed up

But only to the point we were safe, after which we wilted faster than a Liz Truss lettuce.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Nov 2022 09:19

Hound

Lumley
Yiadom
Sarr
Holmes
Guinness-Walker
Hutchinson
Fornah
Meite
Hoilett
Ince
Joao

Yep looks decent. I’d prob not have Hoilett in the first 11. Certainly at the moment. Probably try ejaria there instead

Bench options - Hendrick, Loum, baba, long, Azeez, McIntyre, Hoilett, Carroll, Moore plus youth. Should be plenty good enough

I think Hendrick, after a weak start and despite not being great, has been our best and most consistent midfield performer.

He's a bit lightweight and I wish he'd take less long shots, but he seems to be the one midfielder who consistently tries to be available and looks for a pass.

Not including Ince as a midfielder.

Not sure where he fits in that shape though. Not defensive enough to be DM, not creative enough to be AM.

Think playing Loum and Hutch in DM is too limited in moving things forward, so agree on Fornah, but he's also pretty hit and miss.

Also wouldn't start Hoilett, but certainly wouldn’t bring Ejaria in for him given he's lost what small spark of creativity he once had.

More inclined to go with a flat 4-3-3 and bring Hendrick in with Ince wide, or sticking to the 4-2-3-1, maybe Long off Joao or wide in place of Hoilett.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Nov 2022 09:45

Mid Sussex Royal Agree - need a win soon, ideally Hull.

And, guess what, Liam Rosenior has just been confirmed as their new manager. Another game against a club with a new manager, just what is wanted right now.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2022 09:56

Snowflake Royal
Hound He did get the players to fight at the end of last season, hence why we stayed up

But only to the point we were safe, after which we wilted faster than a Liz Truss lettuce.

That’s all he needed to do tbf

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 06 Nov 2022 10:00

Snowflake Royal
Hound

Lumley
Yiadom
Sarr
Holmes
Guinness-Walker
Hutchinson
Fornah
Meite
Hoilett
Ince
Joao

I think Hendrick, after a weak start and despite not being great, has been our best and most consistent midfield performer.

He's a bit lightweight and I wish he'd take less long shots, but he seems to be the one midfielder who consistently tries to be available and looks for a pass.

Not including Ince as a midfielder.

Not sure where he fits in that shape though. Not defensive enough to be DM, not creative enough to be AM.

Think playing Loum and Hutch in DM is too limited in moving things forward, so agree on Fornah, but he's also pretty hit and miss.

Also wouldn't start Hoilett, but certainly wouldn’t bring Ejaria in for him given he's lost what small spark of creativity he once had.

More inclined to go with a flat 4-3-3 and bring Hendrick in with Ince wide, or sticking to the 4-2-3-1, maybe Long off Joao or wide in place of Hoilett.

I don’t mind Hendrick but he loses the ball far too often for me. Esp on simple passes. Like his directness to shoot and he’s been ok. I’m ok with him in the side but certainly don’t think he’s been undroppable either

Also aware he has played a lot of minutes - maybe one to rotate whilst you have a similar player in ejaria who should be pretty fresh

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Nov 2022 10:30

Hound
Snowflake Royal

That’s all he needed to do tbf

You've got to ask how much is getting to safety down to the manager if across Clement, Gomes, Bowen and Ince we get there then collapse again. And how much is it the players doing just enough to protect their careers combined with anyone new being in the driving seat, no matter who they are.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 06 Nov 2022 14:24

What I find confusing is that the position we’ve been absolutely decimated in, and have the fewest available players (centre back) is the same position that Ince insists on using a formation that requires 3 of them.

The obsession with unnecessarily playing players out of position to fit a formation that doesn’t even play that well is baffling.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 06 Nov 2022 14:29

CountryRoyal What I find confusing is that the position we’ve been absolutely decimated in, and have the fewest available players (centre back) is the same position that Ince insists on using a formation that requires 3 of them.

The obsession with unnecessarily playing players out of position to fit a formation that doesn’t even play that well is baffling.

It seems to justbe a management thing. They all do it.

Now, it's certainly a lot more complicated than just picking a different formation. You have to drill and train for the way you're playing. But very few managers seem willing to try to adapt to their circumstances.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 06 Nov 2022 16:32

Snowflake Royal
CountryRoyal What I find confusing is that the position we’ve been absolutely decimated in, and have the fewest available players (centre back) is the same position that Ince insists on using a formation that requires 3 of them.

It seems to justbe a management thing. They all do it.

Now, it's certainly a lot more complicated than just picking a different formation. You have to drill and train for the way you're playing. But very few managers seem willing to try to adapt to their circumstances.

Yep that seems to be the thing. Managers have their way of doing it and stick it out until the very end, Pauno's style was never going to change for example, not drastically anyway, it's their philosophies.

5 at the back I have no issues with, we needed to be much better defensively and much harder to play against and, even despite our results and some of our performances defensively, it's a massive difference to last season. Of course, the trade-off is that you probably do lose a bit going forward, which we have, but we still have enough quality in our front players to score goals.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 06 Nov 2022 17:04

AthleticoSpizz Three leagues below our standard, propped-up with luvvie’ money.
Not a good record in the leagues

No ta.

And Pince has?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 06 Nov 2022 17:48

Whatever Pince has (or has not) achieved, it still doesn’t make Parky up to speed for us…sadly, some might say.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 06 Nov 2022 18:51

AthleticoSpizz Whatever Pince has (or has not) achieved, it still doesn’t make Parky up to speed for us…sadly, some might say.

I think his past managerial achievements at Bradford, Bolton, Colchester, and now Wrexham proves he is a winner, he deserves the chance.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Nov 2022 18:55

karbota
AthleticoSpizz Whatever Pince has (or has not) achieved, it still doesn’t make Parky up to speed for us…sadly, some might say.

I think his past managerial achievements at Bradford, Bolton, Colchester, and now Wrexham proves he is a winner, he deserves the chance.

What has he achieved at Wrexham?

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Mid Sussex Royal » 06 Nov 2022 19:08

karbota

That's three clubs in a 20 year management career, he's won nothing at Wrexham and bottled it last year with a staggering player budget.

he will be free in the summer though I guess, and cheap....he's bound to be dispensed with whether Wrexham succeed (they'll upgrade to someone better) or fail

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 06 Nov 2022 19:54

Zip
karbota

What has he achieved at Wrexham?

2 nd place in the National League.

Wembley Final in the Fa Trophy.

And with an all-British team!

And that's only after his first season at Wrexham, we've gotta make the bid soon.

135 posts