Hob Nob Super-Addict

PSA - COV game moved to 2pm

by Brogue » 05 Dec 2022 16:07

That is all

Mid Sussex Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: PSA - COV game moved to 2pm

by Mid Sussex Royal » 05 Dec 2022 16:17

Confirmed on BBC too, other likely to follow suit as there are some long distance away journeys on Sat

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 06 Dec 2022 08:47

Makes sense, the extra hour will help people who want to get home for the England game without moving it too far forward that it may muck up peoples plans pre-game. Obviously, there will be examples where the shift will have caused an issue but otherwise this makes sense.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 06 Dec 2022 09:36

Yep, happy with this being bought forward, just allows a little bit of buffer.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 06 Dec 2022 13:36

I'm not so sure. The World Cup schedule was known years in advance. The World Cup draw was made in March this year so everyone knew this was a strong possibility. And the Championship fixture list has been known since June so did a decision really need to be made so close to the game.

As for fixtures adjustments this year, we've been hit particularly hard this season and with the constant train strikes/season break, it's been pretty shit from a fixtures standpoint. The list of games we've had moved;

Stoke (H) - Sky
Watford (A) - Queen
QPR (A) - Sky
Preston (H) - Sky
Birmingham (A) - Sky
Swansea (H) - Sky
Norwich (A) - moved as a result of the Swansea game
WBA (A) - moved as a result of the Swansea game
Watford (H) cup - international broadcast

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 06 Dec 2022 13:56

RG30 I'm not so sure. The World Cup schedule was known years in advance. The World Cup draw was made in March this year so everyone knew this was a strong possibility. And the Championship fixture list has been known since June so did a decision really need to be made so close to the game.

As for fixtures adjustments this year, we've been hit particularly hard this season and with the constant train strikes/season break, it's been pretty shit from a fixtures standpoint. The list of games we've had moved;

Stoke (H) - Sky
Watford (A) - Queen
QPR (A) - Sky
Preston (H) - Sky
Birmingham (A) - Sky
Swansea (H) - Sky
Norwich (A) - moved as a result of the Swansea game
WBA (A) - moved as a result of the Swansea game
Watford (H) cup - international broadcast

And the good news is that Reading did actually win one of those moved games played so far. Lost the other 3 of course but they can be put down to the dreaded combining of Sky coverage with playing at night.

Really looking forward to the next Friday nighter :roll:

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 06 Dec 2022 17:12

Yeah the Friday nighters really are mot great. I gave the Preston game a miss.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 08 Dec 2022 21:18

I'd rather they sorted the traffic and public transport options (two sides of the same coin), it really shouldn't take 3 hours to get home after a game - and I speak as someone keen for refreshment following the final whistle.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 09 Dec 2022 09:37

Green I'd rather they sorted the traffic and public transport options (two sides of the same coin), it really shouldn't take 3 hours to get home after a game - and I speak as someone keen for refreshment following the final whistle.

Getting out of the car park and then driving home to the Coventry area could easily take three hours though.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 09 Dec 2022 09:57

The Royal Forester
Green I'd rather they sorted the traffic and public transport options (two sides of the same coin), it really shouldn't take 3 hours to get home after a game - and I speak as someone keen for refreshment following the final whistle.

Getting out of the car park and then driving home to the Coventry area could easily take three hours though.

Especially with the bumper crowd. Will be large queues for the p&r I’d imagine as well.

But as a more general point, it should be much easier to get out. Things have helped with the bus lane on A33 between the ground and M4.

Royals and Racers
Hob Nob Regular

by Royals and Racers » 09 Dec 2022 09:59

The Royal Forester

They could always leave early when they are 5-0 down :D

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 09 Dec 2022 20:45

The Royal Forester

I know right? What should be a 90 minute drive from Reading to Coventry could be as much as double that purely due to local traffic issues.

That's exactly the point I'm making Forester, but thanks for spelling it out perhaps others didn't get it as well.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 09 Dec 2022 21:33

Green
The Royal Forester

I know right? What should be a 90 minute drive from Reading to Coventry could be as much as double that purely due to local traffic issues.

That's exactly the point I'm making Forester, but thanks for spelling it out perhaps others didn't get it as well.

No need to thank me, mate. I'm just glad I could help.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 09 Dec 2022 21:44

The Royal Forester
Green
The Royal Forester Getting out of the car park and then driving home to the Coventry area could easily take three hours though.

No need to thank me, mate. I'm just glad I could help.

:|

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 09 Dec 2022 22:16

Why has our game moved forward but none of the others have?

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 10 Dec 2022 06:45

CountryRoyal Why has our game moved forward but none of the others have?

I guess both clubs couldn’t agree in others situations.

Green
Hob Nob Legend

by Green » 12 Dec 2022 21:38

Hendo
CountryRoyal Why has our game moved forward but none of the others have?

I guess both clubs couldn’t agree in others situations.

Or aren't blighted by the same traffic issues

17 posts   •   Page 1 of 1