BFTG QPR

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

Re: BFTG QPR

by AthleticoSpizz » 15 Jan 2023 20:39

From Despair To Where? Billy Whitehurst scored one from the centre circle against Bolton. Branfoot sold him a week later.

Alan Pouton also scored a cracking og for us from the centre circle up at Grimsby.
remember that

morganb
Hob Nob Regular

by morganb » 15 Jan 2023 20:41

Alfa Semedo v Millwall a couple of seasons ago was hit from a fair distance out

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jan 2023 21:22

AthleticoSpizz
From Despair To Where? Billy Whitehurst scored one from the centre circle against Bolton. Branfoot sold him a week later.

Alan Pouton also scored a cracking og for us from the centre circle up at Grimsby.
remember that

Which one? Billy or the oggy? I was there for both.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 15 Jan 2023 23:18

I can’t remember it that well but was Mark White’s own goal in the 3-2 home defeat against Hartlepool from a fair distance out? I remember being in the South Bank and watching about 15 Hartlepool fans going wild in the Town End.

Zip
Hob Nob Legend

by Zip » 15 Jan 2023 23:27

karbota
Royal_jimmy Paul Ince's negativity killed our chances of winning having been 2-0 up. Shocking substitutions with half an hour to go.

Correct meanwhile Parky wins again, it's just a question of time Mr Zippy.

Er Parky doesn't win again. Wrexham got knocked out of the FA trophy on Friday night.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 16 Jan 2023 05:49

From Despair To Where?
AthleticoSpizz

remember that

Which one? Billy or the oggy? I was there for both.
the oggy

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jan 2023 08:20

AthleticoSpizz

remember that

Was the Billy Whitehurst one where he was fouled in the centre circle, was pissed as a result, so just put the ball down and leathered it towards goal? Or was that Mick Tait? Can still remember the goal from my perch in the Tilehurst End but not sure if I'm mixing up players or if there were even 2 similar goals from distance.

karbota
Hob Nob Regular

by karbota » 16 Jan 2023 08:57

Zip
karbota
Royal_jimmy Paul Ince's negativity killed our chances of winning having been 2-0 up. Shocking substitutions with half an hour to go.

Er Parky doesn't win again. Wrexham got knocked out of the FA trophy on Friday night.

Unbeaten in their last 20 won their last 6, win their next two games in hand, top of the league!

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Jan 2023 09:05

Stranded
AthleticoSpizz

remember that

Was the Billy Whitehurst one where he was fouled in the centre circle, was pissed as a result, so just put the ball down and leathered it towards goal? Or was that Mick Tait? Can still remember the goal from my perch in the Tilehurst End but not sure if I'm mixing up players or if there were even 2 similar goals from distance.

My memory is that Steve Francis punted the ball out, it bounced in the centre circle and Whitehurst, seeing the Bolton keeper was miles off his line, took a swing at it.

I do vaguely remember Tait scoring one from a quick free kick that was about 35 yds out, or at least from a position the defence would expect a ball into the box.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 16 Jan 2023 09:21

From Despair To Where?
Stranded
AthleticoSpizz remember that

My memory is that Steve Francis punted the ball out, it bounced in the centre circle and Whitehurst, seeing the Bolton keeper was miles off his line, took a swing at it.

I do vaguely remember Tait scoring one from a quick free kick that was about 35 yds out, or at least from a position the defence would expect a ball into the box.

Probably the Tait one that is my mind - possibly against Hartlepool? - seem to recall him being more than 35 yards out but I would have been 11 or so, so could be way off.

The Royal Forester
Hob Nob Regular

by The Royal Forester » 16 Jan 2023 09:48

I remember Micky Travers scoring from the halfway line. It bounced in front of the keeper, over his head and into the net. Only trouble it was a pass back to his own keeper! What made it it worse it was at home against O**ord, only goal in the game as well.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 16 Jan 2023 10:01

Stranded
From Despair To Where?
Stranded

Probably the Tait one that is my mind - possibly against Hartlepool? - seem to recall him being more than 35 yards out but I would have been 11 or so, so could be way off.

Now you mention it, I think you're spot on with it being against Hartlepool.

South Coast Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by South Coast Royal » 16 Jan 2023 11:32

From Despair To Where?
Stranded
From Despair To Where?

Didn't he also come from there or once played for them?
He will always be one of my favourite players-I was delighted when we signed him and he was one of the stars of the Simod Cup win.

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 16 Jan 2023 12:00

South Coast Royal
From Despair To Where?
Stranded

Didn't he also come from there or once played for them?
He will always be one of my favourite players-I was delighted when we signed him and he was one of the stars of the Simod Cup win.

Commentary quote : Mick Tait gave the Wembley crossbar the biggest bashing since the Scots smashed it

Jagermesiter1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Jagermesiter1871 » 16 Jan 2023 13:13

karbota
Zip
karbota

Unbeaten in their last 20 won their last 6, win their next two games in hand, top of the league!

Which is piss poor considering they have league 1 players and are hugely outspending the rest of the division.