MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a)

246 posts
tmesis
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a)

by tmesis » 16 Mar 2023 23:34

Snowflake Royal
tmesis
Snowflake Royal Good. We need to get our house in order.

When was our last truly successful PL loanee at this level... Martinez? Can't say I'll miss the standard of PL loanees we get now.
Transfer embargos are pure speculation. And if we're in one next season and its that bad we'll certainly be relegated from the Championship then, so why not get it done now.

It's not the end of the world. The club goes on. We play >46 games still. We've been there before, most of our history in fact. It's nothing to be scared of.

How would having to get the salaries down to a level that would be difficult to meet get our house in order?

You don't think that might make putting together a competitive team rather more difficult than some assume?

The fear, with an owner who has already given up on two clubs, is that he'll go for the hat-trick, or maybe just lose interest.

The sooner Dai goes the better. The only way our finances improve is by being forced, and they need to improve. I'm all for these wage caps. If Pompey and Wednesday can manage it, so can we.

Both of those average around 20,000 every game. We'll be nowhere near that.

Cuppliance

by Cuppliance » 17 Mar 2023 00:01

tidus_mi2
Cuppliance I am primarily a Blackburn fan (I do have a major soft spot for Reading so I come on here to keep up with the goings on). Let me tell you, this is the perfect game for Rovers to lose.

Against a team that is out of form
Former manager
A striker that always scores against us (Lucas Joau)
Against a team with no away wins so far this season
Against a team with no goal in a long time
Midweek game
Tickets are £10 and its just too much of a good opportunity to take to get a win in front of a bigger than normal crowd.

Call me cynical but I've seen it too many times as a Rovers fan and I'm predicting a Reading win.
I'm not a betting man but I'm willing to put a bet on that tonight.

Obviously I want to be really wrong but that's what my head is saying.

Either way, I hope everyone enjoys the game tonight.

3 away wins but basically the same thing.

Just realised I said no away wins all season when I was meant to say all year lol. Thought it was good match. Reading grew in confidence when Lumley was keeping his team in it at one down which lead to the goal (cracking goal at that). I’d say Reading have a performance to work on but I have no idea what Loum was thinking with that headbutt.

elrey

by elrey » 17 Mar 2023 05:13

SouthDownsRoyal
elrey
SouthDownsRoyal
Exactly, I’m always amazed how some seem to think relegation is sone sort if positive, it in no way is.

Maybe some use it as a mechanism of coping to try and come to terms with it but lower attendances, lower revenue, a poorer squad, harder ti attract fans players managers and sponsorship etc no guarantee of winning more games or doing well.

No thanks.

Sometimes going down allows you to rebuild and come back stronger. We could literally spend every season fighting relegation and never get going, or we could (could is a big word) go down, and do a Luton or a Coventry.

Yes that could happen but I suspect we would be languishing in league one for many years bobbing around 10th/mid table with every passing year lower attendances less interest in the club and less revenue

That could happen, which might be better than what happened to Dai's other two clubs (note the irony, Dai in Chinese is said like "die" in English.)

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 17 Mar 2023 08:24

elrey
SouthDownsRoyal
elrey
Sometimes going down allows you to rebuild and come back stronger. We could literally spend every season fighting relegation and never get going, or we could (could is a big word) go down, and do a Luton or a Coventry.

Yes that could happen but I suspect we would be languishing in league one for many years bobbing around 10th/mid table with every passing year lower attendances less interest in the club and less revenue

That could happen, which might be better than what happened to Dai's other two clubs (note the irony, Dai in Chinese is said like "die" in English.)

Our attendances are also looking like they've bottomed out. Up on last season. And we've had years of dreadful home performances and relegation fights.

Providing we weren't fighting relegation in L1 I think we'd be static at about 12 - 14k and probably push 15k or even 16k knocking around the play offs / autos.

BarryWhiteRFC

by BarryWhiteRFC » 17 Mar 2023 10:50

Cuppliance
tidus_mi2
Cuppliance I am primarily a Blackburn fan (I do have a major soft spot for Reading so I come on here to keep up with the goings on). Let me tell you, this is the perfect game for Rovers to lose.

Against a team that is out of form
Former manager
A striker that always scores against us (Lucas Joau)
Against a team with no away wins so far this season
Against a team with no goal in a long time
Midweek game
Tickets are £10 and its just too much of a good opportunity to take to get a win in front of a bigger than normal crowd.

Call me cynical but I've seen it too many times as a Rovers fan and I'm predicting a Reading win.
I'm not a betting man but I'm willing to put a bet on that tonight.

Obviously I want to be really wrong but that's what my head is saying.

Either way, I hope everyone enjoys the game tonight.

3 away wins but basically the same thing.

Just realised I said no away wins all season when I was meant to say all year lol. Thought it was good match. Reading grew in confidence when Lumley was keeping his team in it at one down which lead to the goal (cracking goal at that). I’d say Reading have a performance to work on but I have no idea what Loum was thinking with that headbutt.

How strange, I'm a Reading fan with a soft spot for Blackburn. Even went to Preston away with some friends last season. I hope you go up, oh, and beat Burnley.

Cuppliance

by Cuppliance » 22 Mar 2023 08:28

BarryWhiteRFC
Cuppliance
tidus_mi2 3 away wins but basically the same thing.

How strange, I'm a Reading fan with a soft spot for Blackburn. Even went to Preston away with some friends last season. I hope you go up, oh, and beat Burnley.

That's great to hear! Thanks for saying that. I don't think there is much threat of Reading going down but I'm keeping my eye on them hoping they can pick up some wins.
Sounds like we are equal opposites as I went to Burnley away with Reading this season (literally a 20 min train ride) to see the referee screw Reading over with not awarding a penalty. Which then resulting in the Dingles running up the other end and scabbing another late win...

246 posts