MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a)

246 posts
blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

Re: MATCHWATCH : Blackburn Rovers (a)

by blythspartan » 15 Mar 2023 21:42

We created a bit more today but yet another defeat. I honestly think we’re going down this season and it’s been coming for a while now.

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Mar 2023 21:44

Much to like but another defeat. We're just not tough to beat. I'm now confident we're going down. Points deduction on the way and no more wins this season. All doom amd gloom.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2023 21:47

Play that shape and intensity against Hull and we have a good chance of picking up 3 points. Although we need more pace at the back and actual fullbacks.

Abrefa, Holmes, Mbengue, NGW
..............McIntyre, Casadei

Should do the trick.

Notts Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Notts Royal » 15 Mar 2023 21:48

How many games has he got then? 2 defeats in the next 2 & he should be gone

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 15 Mar 2023 21:49

It’s all so demoralising every game every week another defeat. Just can’t see how it will ever change. We have owners who never watch us play. A proven failure of a manager and a team of has beens, dwindling crowds. I really can’t think of any reason why I should bother going on Saturday.

Fezza

by Fezza » 15 Mar 2023 21:50

Calamitous defensive errors.

Only leaving one back in the second minute was so poor, then in the build up to the equaliser we gifted possession time and again. Loum and Sarr were particularly at fault. TInce didn't seem his usual self, I thought everyone else was good.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 15 Mar 2023 21:50

NewCorkSeth Much to like but another defeat. We're just not tough to beat. I'm now confident we're going down. Points deduction on the way and no more wins this season. All doom amd gloom.

Dropping down is the only way to reset this club, staying in the championship means a good few more seasons watching shit like this till we somehow rebuild a decent squad.
No more 30+ past their best players, no more loanees that don't give a shit about the club.
Start again.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2023 21:51

Jackson Corner It’s all so demoralising every game every week another defeat. Just can’t see how it will ever change. We have owners who never watch us play. A proven failure of a manager and a team of has beens, dwindling crowds. I really can’t think of any reason why I should bother going on Saturday.

Attendances still about 500 up on last season.

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Mar 2023 21:51

Casadei did well. Played ok going forward but that defence….it’s a mess and constantly looks like conceding

Loum a clown after a very good game. Idiot. Sums him up

Decent watch at least but yeah we need to find a win and soon

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 15 Mar 2023 21:51

72 bus
NewCorkSeth Much to like but another defeat. We're just not tough to beat. I'm now confident we're going down. Points deduction on the way and no more wins this season. All doom amd gloom.

Dropping down is the only way to reset this club, staying in the championship means a good few more seasons watching shit like this till we somehow rebuild a decent squad.
No more 30+ past their best players, no more loanees that don't give a shit about the club.
Start again.

Strongly disagree.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 15 Mar 2023 21:52

NewCorkSeth
72 bus

Start again.

Strongly disagree.

I strongly disagree with your disagreement

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 15 Mar 2023 21:52

NewCorkSeth
72 bus

Start again.

Strongly disagree.

Yeah no benefit at all to going down

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 15 Mar 2023 21:54

NewCorkSeth
72 bus

Start again.

Strongly disagree.

Me too. Would be disastrous for the club and League 1 is littered with 'big' clubs who have been unable to find their way back out. It would also cost a lot of non-playing staff their jobs. So give P Ince his P45 before they end up getting theirs!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 15 Mar 2023 21:54

While I don't think going down would be beneficial in the slightest and not the reset some will think it is, with all the high earners off the books, it shouldn't be the death sentence it might have been the past couple of seasons.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 15 Mar 2023 21:56

72 bus

Start again.

Go down and I see us potentially being relegated again, especially if Dai walks

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 15 Mar 2023 22:09

RoyalBlue
NewCorkSeth
72 bus
Start again.

Strongly disagree.

Me too. Would be disastrous for the club and League 1 is littered with 'big' clubs who have been unable to find their way back out. It would also cost a lot of non-playing staff their jobs. So give P Ince his P45 before they end up getting theirs!

And lose them their jobs anyway by having even more points deducted, which would definitely relegate us.

Sod off back to twitter.

windermereROYAL
Hob Nob Addict

by windermereROYAL » 15 Mar 2023 22:31

Actually though we were okay tonight no lumping it, played some decent stuff, but another defeat, we have some easier games (on paper) coming up now.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 15 Mar 2023 22:33

NewCorkSeth
72 bus

Start again.

Strongly disagree.

How many more seasons (as a season ticket holder) do you want to watch this standard of football from Reading.
It's going to be at least two more until we are competitive in the division, in that time we will probably go through two more shit managers and watch anyone decent from the academy be picked off by bigger clubs starting with Femi Azeez and Tom Holmes..
Enough is enough we cannot keep starting the season with half the side on frees or on loan, it has to stop.
Officially bored of the championship now, shit football, shittier Ref's.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 15 Mar 2023 22:43

RoyalBlue
NewCorkSeth
72 bus
Start again.

Strongly disagree.

I just want to rock up and see Reading play attractive attacking football for the price of my season ticket, the level is immaterial as long as the football is good to watch and we win more than we lose.
This version of Reading is turgid and out of it's depth in the championship.
I have a mate who is a season ticket holder at Wycombe, goes to every home game fully expecting a win or at least a good game of football.
When was the last time any one of us when to the SCLS as it's sadly now known expecting either of those two outcomes ?

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 15 Mar 2023 23:29

Jackson Corner It’s all so demoralising every game every week another defeat. Just can’t see how it will ever change. We have owners who never watch us play. A proven failure of a manager and a team of has beens, dwindling crowds. I really can’t think of any reason why I should bother going on Saturday.

The team are in real trouble. The players need the supporters to back them to get them over the line. It’s turgid, it’s depressing, but as a supporter we all need to step up, play our part and get those 4 wins required to stay up!

246 posts