The squad in July

644 posts
morganb
Hob Nob Regular

Re: The squad in July

by morganb » 31 May 2023 22:26

blythspartan
PATRIQT Phenomenal getting £3.5m for Puscas, even if it won’t all be up-front. It’s much needed, plus the £1m for Luca Fletcher if his move goes ahead to Man City.

Not seen anything official about a fee being paid for Puscas. Is there a link?

https://twitter.com/TalkReading/status/ ... a4CqA&s=19

Genoa have paid Reading the automatic promotion clause of €4 million for George Pușcaș who has signed a three-year deal with the club.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 31 May 2023 22:58

morganb
blythspartan
PATRIQT Phenomenal getting £3.5m for Puscas, even if it won’t all be up-front. It’s much needed, plus the £1m for Luca Fletcher if his move goes ahead to Man City.

https://twitter.com/TalkReading/status/ ... a4CqA&s=19

Genoa have paid Reading the automatic promotion clause of €4 million for George Pușcaș who has signed a three-year deal with the club.

Thank you.

Elm Park Kid
Hob Nob Regular

by Elm Park Kid » 31 May 2023 23:21

blythspartan I see Southampton have released Walcott would he be worth a year’s contract?

I'd say that was the exact opposite of what we want to be doing in preparation for League One. We need to take this opportunity to build a team not just for next season but for the next 3-4 seasons. Get in some young, raw talent who won't be immediately out of their depth in this league. Maybe throw in a couple of experienced journeymen to give the team a bit more steel. Don't worry if the football isn't great, or if individual players go through bad spells. We should be good enough to compete regardless. Ideally we wouldn't have a single loan player in the squad.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 01 Jun 2023 07:43

A mate of mine who lives in Ely reckons we should take a look at a striker called Harvey Knibbs who he thinks is out of contract at Cambridge. I’ve never heard of him but he’s only 24 and and was originally at Villa I believe. Anyone know much about him or seen him play?

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Jun 2023 08:21

blythspartan A mate of mine who lives in Ely reckons we should take a look at a striker called Harvey Knibbs who he thinks is out of contract at Cambridge. I’ve never heard of him but he’s only 24 and and was originally at Villa I believe. Anyone know much about him or seen him play?

Yeah, saw him play against Wycombe. Was on the wing, not a striker.

Got a bunch a stick from the fans around me for being light weight.

Stats were decent when I checked them out so those fans could have been morons.

Did basically nothing of note in a game Cambridge dominated but lost. Tidy on the ball, like their whole team.

If I was looking at someone from Cambridge, it would be Morrison or their young RB Bennett. Or their CM, McGrandles, but he's older than he looked so probably not right.
Last edited by Snowflake Royal on 01 Jun 2023 08:24, edited 2 times in total.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Jun 2023 08:22

blythspartan A mate of mine who lives in Ely reckons we should take a look at a striker called Harvey Knibbs who he thinks is out of contract at Cambridge. I’ve never heard of him but he’s only 24 and and was originally at Villa I believe. Anyone know much about him or seen him play?

Think he's more an attacking midfielder than a striker.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 01 Jun 2023 08:46

Snowflake Royal

Did basically nothing of note in a game Cambridge dominated but lost. Tidy on the ball, like their whole team.

If I was looking at someone from Cambridge, it would be Morrison or their young RB Bennett. Or their CM, McGrandles, but he's older than he looked so probably not right.

Cheers for the info. I am looking forward to my trip to the Abbey Stadium as it’s been many years. They were normally a better team than us in my younger years. I am buzzing about next season, lots of nostalgia for me.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Jun 2023 09:41

blythspartan
Snowflake Royal

Cheers for the info. I am looking forward to my trip to the Abbey Stadium as it’s been many years. They were normally a better team than us in my younger years. I am buzzing about next season, lots of nostalgia for me.

Yeah, that Morrison bloke looks decent, I reckon could do a job higher up the league.

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 01 Jun 2023 14:07

blythspartan

Nothing official yet (perhaps because the transfer window hasn't officially opened yet), but from a Romanian source: link

On Strings

by On Strings » 02 Jun 2023 10:49

Sheffield Wednesday fans are suggesting they're in for Andy Carroll for £10k...

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Jun 2023 10:52

On Strings Sheffield Wednesday fans are suggesting they're in for Andy Carroll for £10k...

Yeah, that tweet is a meme.

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 02 Jun 2023 20:04

Rax
Ascotexgunner
Sutekh On 1st July Reading's first team squad is currently scheduled to comprise the following:

1. Nelson Abbey
  2. Kelvin Abrefa
  3. Jokull Andresson
  4. Femi Azeez
  5. Dean Bouzanis
  6. Andy Carroll
  7. Mamadi Camará
  8. Kelvin Ehibhatiomhan
  9. Ovie Ejaria
  10. Sam Hutchinson
  11. Tom Holmes
  12. Tom Ince
  13. Amadou Mbengue (technically out of contract this summer but has a 1 year option, which I'm fairly sure the club will take up)
  14. Tom McIntyre
  15. George Puscas (off to Genoa if they get promoted)
  16. Mouhamadou-Naby Sarr
  17. Andy Yiadom

That's 16 left after Puscas goes.

Where's Luke Southwood? Shirley he will start in goal next season?

.....was released, I'm pretty sure.

God, straight away we look weak in that position. That's said, did hardly anything wrong...was hoping he was now number one.

Royal_jimmy
Hob Nob Regular

by Royal_jimmy » 02 Jun 2023 21:14

We should get Sam Smith back. Had a good season at Cambridge and knows the club. I'm sure he'd jump at the chance.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jun 2023 10:04

Not looking the brightest start to the close season is it? No Ince (Norwich bound for a cut price 50k), possibly no Hoilett (off to Hudds on a free) and still no manager.

Hoping for a press conference any month now though.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 08 Jun 2023 10:57

Sutekh Not looking the brightest start to the close season is it? No Ince (Norwich bound for a cut price 50k), possibly no Hoilett (off to Hudds on a free) and still no manager.

Hoping for a press conference any month now though.

I think it's still too early to get in panic, several clubs still haven't appointed managers, not many signings are being made anywhere. I'd rather the club take their time and get the appointment right, properly scout out players etc.

Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowflake Royal » 08 Jun 2023 12:33

Not worried yet.

Half of HNA didn't want us to offer Hoilett a contract. Ince was always likely to be off. And there's still acouple weeks before the lack of manager becomes an actual problem.

YorkshireRoyal99
Hob Nob Addict

by YorkshireRoyal99 » 08 Jun 2023 12:45

Baring in mind don't our restrictions officially remain until 30th June? So not sure how much we will be doing up until that point anyway.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 08 Jun 2023 12:54

I am not worried yet but I do feel that because of the utter shambles we as fans have had to endure over the last few years it’s important for the club to give us something to be hopeful about.

I completely understand some fans getting frustrated as we have interviewed several candidates now so we should be able to make a decision sooner rather than later. If we don’t have a manager appointed before the preseason friendlies start I’ll be oxf*rd fuming.

Anfield Royal

by Anfield Royal » 08 Jun 2023 14:42

Alan Nixon - "Reading have money for next season. Decent money."

No idea how he can know that, but it would be nice if true.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 08 Jun 2023 15:08

Anfield Royal Alan Nixon - "Reading have money for next season. Decent money."

No idea how he can know that, but it would be nice if true.

First magician I ever saw

644 posts