The dedicated Chris Wilder thread

538 posts
Snowflake Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: The dedicated Chris Wilder thread

by Snowflake Royal » 01 Jun 2023 13:36

From Despair To Where? Or we'll hire Ryan Mason and people will complain that he's clearly not the right man for the job because he's got no experience in League 1.

Whatever happens, Ian will say he was right.

You should try it occasionally, it's quite satisfying being right. 8)

Clyde1998
Hob Nob Regular

by Clyde1998 » 01 Jun 2023 13:45

Stranded Personally I reckon he may join, unless he doesn't.

However, as this is being perceived to be taking "too long" and that he couldn't possibly be committed to the club so then some fans will not trust him and be on his back from the first second something goes wrong. Which it will.

Or we'll hire Danny Cowley and everyone will get on his back from the get go as he "clearly" wasn't first choice

I think people should consider how long it takes for the average company to fill a role. I don't know many companies who go from vacancy to position filled as quickly as football club hiring managers after a vacancy emerges; that leads to rushed appointments of people who don't fit the club.

I'm happy with a 'slow' appointment if that means we get a good manager as opposed to some random no-one's ever heard of being appointed quickly - especially in pre-season.

blythspartan
Hob Nob Regular

by blythspartan » 01 Jun 2023 14:11

Clyde1998

However, as this is being perceived to be taking "too long" and that he couldn't possibly be committed to the club so then some fans will not trust him and be on his back from the first second something goes wrong. Which it will.

Or we'll hire Danny Cowley and everyone will get on his back from the get go as he "clearly" wasn't first choice

I think people should consider how long it takes for the average company to fill a role. I don't know many companies who go from vacancy to position filled as quickly as football club hiring managers after a vacancy emerges; that leads to rushed appointments of people who don't fit the club.

I'm happy with a 'slow' appointment if that means we get a good manager as opposed to some random no-one's ever heard of being appointed quickly - especially in pre-season.

The problem with us is we could still take a long time to appoint a random nobody.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 Jun 2023 14:14

blythspartan
Clyde1998

The problem with us is we could still take a long time to appoint a random nobody.

Which if all due diligence is done and those appointing feel Mr R Nobody is the best fit for the model the club is implementing is absolutely fine. If it is a case, who does Kia know who could do the job for six months, not so much.

Orion1871
Hob Nob Regular

by Orion1871 » 01 Jun 2023 14:16

One Beer is never enough.

I felt the same when Coppell took nearly 2 weeks to decide to join us (although he was under contract elsewhere) and that turned out ok in the end...

Tbf Coppell took a while to decide to join us because Hammond messed him around and we lowballed him by offering less than he was on at Brighton.

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Jun 2023 15:42

RFC tweet:

The one you've been waiting for...

Part 2 of our Looking Forward series previewing next season's opposition >>

A first ever league meeting with
@CTFCofficial

They know exactly what they're doing :lol:

Hound
Hob Nob Legend

by Hound » 01 Jun 2023 15:48

Hendo RFC tweet:

@CTFCofficial

Yeah made me chuckle a bit that one

One8Seven1*

by One8Seven1* » 01 Jun 2023 15:49

Fockers. Definitely Wilder then. They wouldn't dare flirt with us and then unveil a totally unknown.

I didn't realise the head of media was Bowen's Son. Between the two of them, they have the fanbase on strings!

Hendo
Hob Nob Legend

by Hendo » 01 Jun 2023 15:51

Yep, a real chuckle from me as well.

Surely it is done now, they wouldn't dare tease it like that without it being imminent.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Jun 2023 16:01

Hendo RFC tweet:

@CTFCofficial

Part 2 is just the Cambridge to Derby review ....

Dont know why they're getting excited over CTFC, Reading have played them 3 times previously (albeit all cup games) - they'll positively explode over Fleetwood!

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Jun 2023 16:24

Sutekh
Hendo RFC tweet:

@CTFCofficial

Dont know why they're getting excited over CTFC, Reading have played them 3 times previously (albeit all cup games) - they'll positively explode over Fleetwood!

They're literally trolling because they know the fanbase on twitter are waiting on the Chris Wilder announcement. I believe if you have notifications turned on, it shows up as that first sentence.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 01 Jun 2023 16:48

tidus_mi2
Sutekh
Hendo RFC tweet:

They're literally trolling because they know the fanbase on twitter are waiting on the Chris Wilder announcement. I believe if you have notifications turned on, it shows up as that first sentence.

Fun if they confirm Noel is actually staying on.... be worth getting a tw@tter account just for the meLOLtdown.

tidus_mi2
Hob Nob Addict

by tidus_mi2 » 01 Jun 2023 16:54

Sutekh
tidus_mi2
Sutekh

Fun if they confirm Noel is actually staying on.... be worth getting a tw@tter account just for the meLOLtdown.

Oh man, I would be equal parts furious over a shit managerial decision but delighted for the Twitter drama.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 01 Jun 2023 18:18

Sutekh
tidus_mi2
Sutekh

"Noel Hunt has today been confirmed as manager of Reading FC U21's........"

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 01 Jun 2023 19:29

One8Seven1* Fockers. Definitely Wilder then. They wouldn't dare flirt with us and then unveil a totally unknown.

I didn't realise the head of media was Bowen's Son. Between the two of them, they have the fanbase on strings!

This is bullshit. Head of Media is still the inept Mark Bradley. As for Jackson he is now working in the scouting department with Brian Carey & Jared Dublin after a brief spell with the media team.

CountryRoyal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by CountryRoyal » 01 Jun 2023 19:43

There’s already a pic of wilder in front of the Reading backboard from the presser.

On Strings

by On Strings » 01 Jun 2023 22:33

RG30
One8Seven1* I didn't realise the head of media was Bowen's Son.

Head of Media is still the inept Mark Bradley. As for Jackson he is now working in the scouting department with Brian Carey & Jared Dublin after a brief spell with the media team.

That was mentioned on Twitter this afternoon re. Bowen's son working in the media team.

"Head of social media"
Last edited by On Strings on 02 Jun 2023 09:19, edited 1 time in total.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Jun 2023 08:39

CountryRoyal There’s already a pic of wilder in front of the Reading backboard from the presser.

You can do wonderful things with AI these days.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 02 Jun 2023 09:17

Twitter getting excited by a photo (which may or may not be photoshopped) of the back of someones head that looks like it could be Wilder or could be another middle aged man with grey hair.

ITS HAPPENING PEOPLE!

Or maybe it's not.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 02 Jun 2023 09:23

Stranded Twitter getting excited by a photo (which may or may not be photoshopped) of the back of someones head that looks like it could be Wilder or could be another middle aged man with grey hair.

ITS HAPPENING PEOPLE!

Or maybe it's not.

I hate it when managers have a lot to think about when offered a deal, not just other offers but families as well!

538 posts