Kitson in the Premiership

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 04 Jul 2006 19:13

Yorkshire Royal He'll be fine. I'm quite looking forward to his England call up....

I agree my prediction to much amusement i am sure is that he will get an England call up in the next 2 years....provided he stays a prem league player.....

johnson was mad...he should have left Palace when they went down....stuff the palace chairman

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 04 Jul 2006 19:27

pace , thought, read the game, impact

all I can say is one thing

duncan ferguson

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 04 Jul 2006 19:41

I think Kitson will do alright in the prem, he has the touch and vision that you need to get yourself in the right place. He does seem to have lost the velcro that was attached to his boots that could pick the ball out of the air and stick it to his foot, but that will come back with practice.

I always notice when they warm up that he seems pretty half hearted, and doesn't really put much effort in, as if he really doesn't have the stamina for the warm up and a full game.

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 04 Jul 2006 20:21

Like all target men it will depend on how good the service is. It took Peter Crouch almost all year to find his feet at Liverpool (mind you they were a long distance away). He ended up being England's main striker in Germany!

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 04 Jul 2006 20:42

Forest Gump Like all target men it will depend on how good the service is. It took Peter Crouch almost all year to find his feet at Liverpool (mind you they were a long distance away). He ended up being England's main striker in Germany!

I won't rise to it! No, I won't!!!!

Lord save us - Peter Crouch - England striker!

Kitson will walk into the England team if Crouch is the benchmark!!!!!!

wandering off into the middle distance muttering obscenities ...

Chicken Balti Pie
Location: Sleep pattern fcuked by watchin the English batsmen struggle....

by Chicken Balti Pie » 04 Jul 2006 21:02

WAIT AND SEE

bre

by bre » 04 Jul 2006 22:47

As a couple of others have mentioned the main factor in how he will cope with the Prem will be the service. We will be up against top class players all next season and they will greatly reduce the opportunities that he gets.

It may be that all of the strikers are made to look ordinary if the service is non existent. Just look at how effect Rooney looked when he was up front on his own (and yes I do know that he had just come back from injury)

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 04 Jul 2006 23:36

Kitson is quality, should be fine in Prem.

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 05 Jul 2006 23:13

Forest Gump Like all target men it will depend on how good the service is. It took Peter Crouch almost all year to find his feet at Liverpool (mind you they were a long distance away). He ended up being England's main striker in Germany!

unfortunately!!

royalsteve

by royalsteve » 05 Jul 2006 23:14

strap

I won't rise to it! No, I won't!!!!

Lord save us - Peter Crouch - England striker!

Kitson will walk into the England team if Crouch is the benchmark!!!!!!

wandering off into the middle distance muttering obscenities ...

I agree

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 06 Jul 2006 18:29

sheringham shows us all that positioning, awareness and a good shot will see you through in the premiership, he may be a sub, but he's also 40.
im more concerned with lita who has only just stepped up from lower leagues, was clearly frustrated and missing good chances in his drought and then injured...

YorkshireRoyal

by YorkshireRoyal » 07 Jul 2006 00:27

THAT miss against Birmingham's reserves in the FA Cup replay says it all. Not good enough.

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 07 Jul 2006 01:44

YorkshireRoyal THAT miss against Birmingham's reserves in the FA Cup replay says it all. Not good enough.

so you're basing an entire player's ability on one miss?!

oxf*rd OFF!

lampard missed a few shots in the WC...is he shit?
Hell Doyler missed a few sitters last year and i bet you don't doubt him.

Grow up or get out.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 07 Jul 2006 08:41

Go on, you tell him.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 07 Jul 2006 09:09

YorkshireRoyal THAT miss against Birmingham's reserves in the FA Cup replay says it all. Not good enough.

So on that basis, you'll be putting £100 on Steven Hunt to finish top scorer in the Prem next year based on his goal in the same game?

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 13 Jul 2006 14:47

I think this is a valid point, there were games last season when even Kits himself admitted he hadnt played well even when he scored. He'll have to play well in the Prem otherwise he will struggle to get goals.

I do think a fully fit Lita combined with Doyle will be our first choice strikeforce anyway. I think Lita will benefit from the space that Prem teams will give,(W Brom last season was a classic example). If so Kitson will spend large spells on the bench. He doesnt seem the kind of player whod be too happy with that either, I just hope he doesnt get restless.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 13 Jul 2006 14:54

We're not gonna get more space in the Premiership....

Its a myth to think that there is more space in the Prem. Prem players close you down at 100 mph. Terry won't afford Lita any space. You have to be incredibly clever to find space in the Prem.

Why do people think that teams give more space in the Prem. Savage and Blackburrn won't give us much space to operate. We have to move the ball around that much faster in the Prem. Our first touch needs to be amazing and we need to move off the ball and play the ball very quickly. Because we will be closed down in no time. That is why the Prem is played at such a high tempo.

Prem players are fitter and more athletic than championship players as well. Have you seen anyone in the Championship with the stamina and fitness of players like Cristiano Ronaldo and Henry?

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 13 Jul 2006 15:04

I wasnt necessary suggesting that the top teams will give us space, but I saw MOTD most weeks last season and there will be plenty of teams in the bottom half of the table that will let us play. Fulham immediately spring to mind, and I reckon until other teams suss us out theyll be doing the same. I'm hoping thats the case early on anyway!

Richi Royal

by Richi Royal » 13 Jul 2006 17:24

It is true you get more space in the Premiership, but only when passing the ball along the back and in defensive midfield, as soon as the ball moves into dangerous position or into the final third you are closed down at 100mph as Top flight points out. Which is why the quality needs to be much better and also pace is very important so you can beat you men and also get them on counter attack. West Ham were good at this last season with Etherington, Bennayoun, Reo-coker etc all able to break away quickly from midfield.

I also think the wide positions will be very important for us because it will stretch the game and hopefully give us more space for the strikers etc.

Reading_Royal
Location: 25Mar2006 History in the making - RFC in the promised land!

by Reading_Royal » 13 Jul 2006 18:27

I have always worried about Kitson not being good enough for us, but every time i doubt him, he scores and shows why we invested in a ginger gem that he is. Trust me, i'm doubting him too, :wink: but the boy will do good!