Seol Ki-Hyeon - FINALLY A SIGNING

211 posts
Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 07 Jul 2006 09:58

At Sheff Utd, Colin is behaving like a chav who has won the lottery in a spend, spend, SPEND!!! mentality that appears bereft of any serious thought as to who or what he needs, and that the more players on the books, the more chance he has of putting together a team that will produce the goods.

It is a recipe that only works when you have a. unlimited amounts of money and b. a genius as a manager; namely, Chelsea.

It will take Sheff Utd maybe 10 or 12 games to find that blend (if at all) and by then they could be in deep do do.

What Coppell is doing is enhancing and strengthening the squad in specific areas with very specific player targets, trying to improve the squad whilst maintaining that precarious commodity - team spirit.

If you look at Coppell's signings, this one fits the pattern; the lad has something to prove after a less than succesful season at Wolves following a couple of seasons where he was excellent for them......

......and it wouldn't be the first time the Hoddle has negatively influenced one of his players!

Central defender (possibly 2 of them), central midfielder and another striker to come.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 07 Jul 2006 10:06

Tilehurst Mike
YorkshireRoyal DVD looked rubbish last year, so we're signing an out of form player.

He's also playing in a position where we already have two players, so therefore he won't get a game.

Basically, a total waste of money.

I'll throw this in the air open to debate:
1. Has he got Premiership experience? NO
2.Did he set the Championship alight last year NO
3.Did he impress in the World Cup NO
4.Is he better than players we already have MAYBE
5 General views of Wolves fans HAS FAILED TO DELIVER

Just hope he isn't being lined up to replace Convey. Will we do a 'Sidwell' to Convey as regards extending his contract?

I still think the club has got it wrong as regards SIdwell and when I see Sheff Utd reported to be interested in Hasselbaink I just begin to wonder.
Surely there wage structure can't be higher than ours??

Food for thought on a FRiday!!

1. No, but he has European top flight experience and has also played and scored in the Champions League, which you can argue is even greater than Premiership experience.

2. No, but then neither did anyone at Wolves. Kenny Miller's off on to Celtic in a big deal and he wasn't in the Championship team of the year. Could it just be that Hoddle was a rubbish manager? In any event, he absolutely dismantled us the season before.

3. No, but then neither did Korea in general, or even our very own Bobby Convey.

4. I think so - he has more international experience than any other player we have, he has played at a higher level and as I said previously, he absolutely murdered the likes of Shorey and Murty the season before last.

5. No, Wolves fans are divided on him if you look at their boards. I also think that if you'd asked them about him prior to their 'disaster season', they'd have had no doubts about his ability to play in the Premiership.

With regards to the Convey comment, why? Convey seems very happy at the club and he'll probably want to stay. How have we got it wrong with Sidwell? He's being greedy, we're saying no and holding him to his contract whilst offering him and extension. What's wrong with that?

And by the way, have you looked at Sheffield United's signings? Claude Davis is probably the best one they've wasted their money on and he hasn't even played in the Premiership. Anyone who sees a 34 year old whining Hasselbaink as value for money and a statement of intent needs a grasp on reality I'm afraid. What do you reckon his wages will be like?

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 07 Jul 2006 10:17

Royalee
Tilehurst Mike
YorkshireRoyal DVD looked rubbish last year, so we're signing an out of form player.

He's also playing in a position where we already have two players, so therefore he won't get a game.

Basically, a total waste of money.

I'll throw this in the air open to debate:
1. Has he got Premiership experience? NO
2.Did he set the Championship alight last year NO
3.Did he impress in the World Cup NO
4.Is he better than players we already have MAYBE
5 General views of Wolves fans HAS FAILED TO DELIVER

Just hope he isn't being lined up to replace Convey. Will we do a 'Sidwell' to Convey as regards extending his contract?

I still think the club has got it wrong as regards SIdwell and when I see Sheff Utd reported to be interested in Hasselbaink I just begin to wonder.
Surely there wage structure can't be higher than ours??

Food for thought on a FRiday!!

1. No, but he has European top flight experience and has also played and scored in the Champions League, which you can argue is even greater than Premiership experience.

2. No, but then neither did anyone at Wolves. Kenny Miller's off on to Celtic in a big deal and he wasn't in the Championship team of the year. Could it just be that Hoddle was a rubbish manager? In any event, he absolutely dismantled us the season before.

3. No, but then neither did Korea in general, or even our very own Bobby Convey.

4. I think so - he has more international experience than any other player we have, he has played at a higher level and as I said previously, he absolutely murdered the likes of Shorey and Murty the season before last.

5. No, Wolves fans are divided on him if you look at their boards. I also think that if you'd asked them about him prior to their 'disaster season', they'd have had no doubts about his ability to play in the Premiership.

With regards to the Convey comment, why? Convey seems very happy at the club and he'll probably want to stay. How have we got it wrong with Sidwell? He's being greedy, we're saying no and holding him to his contract whilst offering him and extension. What's wrong with that?

And by the way, have you looked at Sheffield United's signings? Claude Davis is probably the best one they've wasted their money on and he hasn't even played in the Premiership. Anyone who sees a 34 year old whining Hasselbaink as value for money and a statement of intent needs a grasp on reality I'm afraid. What do you reckon his wages will be like?

And lets not forget Lucketti........ possible the worst signing in history

18urz71

by 18urz71 » 07 Jul 2006 10:19

I think he's been brought in as Little is getting on and is a bit injury prone. I can see Convey and Soel being our main wingers this season. However, I expect Convey and Little to start as 1st choice.

iPhil®

by iPhil® » 07 Jul 2006 10:26

Mr Angry Central defender (possibly 2 of them), central midfielder and another striker to come.

No new strikers. That was straight from Coppell.

Jay

by Jay » 07 Jul 2006 10:55

So many, as per usual, flapping that our latest signing will be a flop. FFS people, you do it every f**king summer and Coppell hasn't let you down. :roll:

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 07 Jul 2006 10:57

Jay So many, as per usual, flapping that our latest signing will be a flop. FFS people, you do it every f**king summer and Coppell hasn't let you down. :roll:

To be fair - its basically Tilehust Mike who has concerns - most people seem quite happy.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 07 Jul 2006 11:03

iPhil®
Mr Angry Central defender (possibly 2 of them), central midfielder and another striker to come.

No new strikers. That was straight from Coppell.

:wink:

Drew_3

by Drew_3 » 07 Jul 2006 11:08

Jay So many, as per usual, flapping that our latest signing will be a flop. FFS people, you do it every f**king summer and Coppell hasn't let you down. :roll:

couldn't agree more i some times raise my eye at potential targets but have come to trust coppel completely!!!!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 07 Jul 2006 11:25

EASTENDER MARKY Seol Seol wherever you maybe,
They eat dogs in your home country,
It could be worse,
You could be scouse,
Eating rats in your council house.

??
:lol:

Doesn't work as Hark Hark is the original line and the Utd version is for a player named Park.

Jay

by Jay » 07 Jul 2006 11:28

I'm a Seol man? :oops:

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 07 Jul 2006 11:29

Huntley & Palmer
It could be worse,
You could be scouse,

??

Doesn't work as Hark Hark is the original line and the Utd version is for a player named Park.

Hark Hark is the original line? :?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 07 Jul 2006 11:38

Have there been any indications that the player will want to join Reading?

Obviously playing in the prem will be a factor and I imagine wages will be at least on par with his current salary.

Harold

by Harold » 07 Jul 2006 11:51

Seol is good player, mark my words and will improve the quality of the squad. I've no doubt Coppell will get the best out of him like he does with all his players.

TFF
Hob Nob Addict

by TFF » 07 Jul 2006 12:11

EASTENDER MARKY
Huntley & Palmer
It could be worse,
You could be scouse,

??

Dance, dance

iPhil®

by iPhil® » 07 Jul 2006 12:17

Forbury Lion Have there been any indications that the player will want to join Reading?

Obviously playing in the prem will be a factor and I imagine wages will be at least on par with his current salary.

Keep up Forbes

Wolves website "He has publicly and privately expressed his wish to leave Wolves to play in the Premier League. We had two offers from Premiership clubs and some interest from Germany as well, but it was Reading who offered a deal that both the player and Wolves found acceptable."

quinnsleftfoot

by quinnsleftfoot » 07 Jul 2006 12:39

I think it's a good signing but does anybody else feel slightly dirty buying a wolves player?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 07 Jul 2006 12:40

That Friday Feeling
EASTENDER MARKY
Huntley & Palmer
It could be worse,
You could be scouse,

??

Dance, dance

That's it, my bad

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 07 Jul 2006 12:46

Is it not fight, fight?

Toadie

by Toadie » 07 Jul 2006 13:08

My musical terrace effort...

He'll shoot,
He'll score,
He'll eat your labrador,
Ki-Hyeon Seol...Ki-Hyeon Seol!!

211 posts