Signings are not good enough

124 posts
Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 15 Jul 2006 18:10

Gentleman Jim At least this is a discussion!!! I thought we usually sold players TO Brentford, not buy them. I'm not suggesting we should be trying to sign Crespo or anything but wouldn't it be better to get players with Premier league experience that are riding the pine and want to play. Not oldies of course but maybe young guns at Spurs or Liverpool that may not get in the side, not through merit, but through not being a star name?
It might help if you suggested some names.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 15 Jul 2006 18:12

alad I bet you were moaning last season about signing a couple of unknown Irish kids, a Watford reject and an over rated bloke from Bristol :roll:

Spot on. Let's hope that just as happened last season, the idiots criticising the club will end up with a rather large amount of egg on their faces.

Finch Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Finch Royal » 15 Jul 2006 18:28

shadesrwrf
alad I bet you were moaning last season about signing a couple of unknown Irish kids, a Watford reject and an over rated bloke from Bristol :roll:

Spot on. Let's hope that just as happened last season, the idiots criticising the club will end up with a rather large amount of egg on their faces.

Funny how alad always slates other teams signings before giving them a chance. :lol:

england_away

by england_away » 15 Jul 2006 18:32

To be honest coppell has never let us down with any signing even S. Long a kid is proving to be a quality little player so lets just wait and see...

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 15 Jul 2006 18:37

I wonder how many of our "rivals" will sign a player with over ten hours of World Cup experience including a quarter final and a semi-final and scoring an 88th minute goal to take Italy into extra time. In fact, I wonder how many Premiership players have appeared in a WC semi.

alad
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: The footballing equivalent of a HarLOLem GLOLobetrotter..

by alad » 15 Jul 2006 18:46

Finch Royal
shadesrwrf

Funny how alad always slates other teams signings before giving them a chance. :lol:

Funny how yet again Finch is obsessed with me :lol:

I wouldn't call it slating, more like stating facts. Unless of course you think a club serious about challenging for the title should sign BeLOLLOLamy :lol:

Jay

Re: Signings are not good enough

by Jay » 15 Jul 2006 18:49

refwinter Lets face it,our signings so far are hardly going to strike the fear of God in to any premiership team. Some Korean guy who is 27 and another low division 27yr old defender.

The fact we could lose Sidwell is a joke. Lets hope we are not another Sunderland

Didn't we have a similar thread last summer?

Petercccccc

by Petercccccc » 15 Jul 2006 18:54

Our whole team is full of lower league players.

Shorey, Sonko...Kitson, bad signings?

The difference between buying lower league players and Premiership hotshots, you get 100% from the lower league signings. To them it’s a honor to be in the top flight.

Think ill stick with the judgment of a man who has bought players for peanuts, in the process playing the best football the division has ever seen.

Refwinter, I think Chelsea is more the team for you, big stars with big heads. I on the other hand will enjoy more of a challenge and if all goes well enjoy the fact that we made our mark through hard work and good management.

refwinter

by refwinter » 15 Jul 2006 19:24

Strike a light! Just because i wasn't praising Coppell doesn't mean i expect him to sign Rooney. I just think the players we are going for are not great and he could do better.

If we finish 4th from bottom this season i will be delighted,but im not sure if we will.

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 15 Jul 2006 19:30

refwinter Strike a light! Just because i wasn't praising Coppell doesn't mean i expect him to sign Rooney. I just think the players we are going for are not great and he could do better.

If we finish 4th from bottom this season i will be delighted,but im not sure if we will.

ZZZZZZ

You quite clearly haven't read this thread and the replies properly. Agree with the person who said you should support Chelsea. As you seem like a 10 year old i believe there is still time for you to support the team you supported before Reading started doing well.

Jimbo

by Jimbo » 15 Jul 2006 19:32

Somebody's going fishing......

Jay

by Jay » 15 Jul 2006 19:46

refwinter Strike a light! Just because i wasn't praising Coppell doesn't mean i expect him to sign Rooney. I just think the players we are going for are not great and he could do better.

How can we do better, exactly?

How easy do you think it is to sign top quality players (within our budget), that want to join an unfashionable club that is expected to struggle next season?

Go on, try.

Hatt-rick

by Hatt-rick » 15 Jul 2006 19:48

refwinter Lets face it,our signings so far are hardly going to strike the fear of God in to any premiership team. Some Korean guy who is 27 and another low division 27yr old defender.

The fact we could lose Sidwell is a joke. Lets hope we are not another Sunderland

Go back to bbc 606

cheerio cheerio cheerio
cheerio cheerio cheeriooooo
cheerio cheerio cheerioo
cheeriooooo cheeriooooo

Einstein agogo
Hob Nob Regular

by Einstein agogo » 15 Jul 2006 19:54

who are we to critisise coppell
didn't he discover ian wright packing the shelves in Lidl? :wink:

BarmyArmy1871

by BarmyArmy1871 » 15 Jul 2006 20:23

On the face of things i have to agree with the initial post, the two signings we have made do not appear to be good enough for our premiership campaign.

However I do believe that Coppells previous signings have induced a similar amount of doubt into Reading fans, and the majority have proved to surprise us all.

I say if the signings are good enough to impress Sir Steve, they're good enough for me.

refwinter

by refwinter » 15 Jul 2006 22:01

On the face of things i have to agree with the initial post, the two signings we have made do not appear to be good enough for our premiership campaign.

However I do believe that Coppells previous signings have induced a similar amount of doubt into Reading fans, and the majority have proved to surprise us all.

I say if the signings are good enough to impress Sir Steve, they're good enough for me.

Yeah fair enough point i suppose,time will tell.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 15 Jul 2006 22:14

Hatt-rick Go back to bbc 606

What's that :?

Irvinchangeyaname

by Irvinchangeyaname » 15 Jul 2006 23:00

FFS, I can't believe we're even having a discussion on this (OK, now I'm part of it!). Coppell has made sensible signings and, I for one, trust him to make the best signings for the money we have for the Premiership.

Either we break the bank and jeopardise our future as a club, or we make some decent signings from the other leagues and surprise everybody. I know which I'd prefer.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 15 Jul 2006 23:28

I would like to wish you a nice warm f*ck off. Anyone idolising Jeff Winter deserves instant decapitation anyway.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 15 Jul 2006 23:32

Hatt-rick

Go back to bbc 606

cheerio cheerio cheerio
cheerio cheerio cheeriooooo
cheerio cheerio cheerioo
cheeriooooo cheeriooooo

:lol:

124 posts