Any reaction from the fans towards Sidwell ?

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 18 Jul 2006 10:23

Top Flight I will only be backing Sidwell when the season kicks off.......

RFC have a better chance of doing well if the players are backed rather than abused....

Also, Sidwell is more likely to stay and eventually sign a new deal with the Royals if he is treated with some respect from the fans as opposed to disrespect!

If only people could see the bigger picture.... Right now it is in everyone's better interests if Sidwell rather than sign a new contract, plays out the final year of his old deal. If RFC are looking likely to stay up come christmas time and Sidwell is proving he is worth the money then I am sure RFC will offer improved terms at chrimbo.

If Sidders isn't good enough for the Prem, then RFC will let whoever wants him to have him. If no one else wants him then Sidwell would have to accept the lower terms. For the first half of the season, Sidwell has to raise his game and prove his worth to RFC and every other team in the Prem. That can only be good for the Royals. Lets back Sidwell. If he proves he's worth more money then he will get it with or without Reading. If he doesn't prove himself then he will just have to accept a lesser contract with or without Reading.

Coppell only has 1 year to go on his contract so the situation with our manager is just as unstable.

Everyone get off Sidwells back and support the blighter!

I agree with all of the above and will get behind him, but I still think he's a greedy cvnt.

Assuming his form is good I see no problem, however if he and RFC struggle, he could find himself an easy target with the boo boys.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 18 Jul 2006 11:39

Top Flight Also, Sidwell is more likely to stay and eventually sign a new deal with the Royals if he is treated with some respect from the fans as opposed to disrespect!

Rubbish. Sidwell couldn't give a toss what the fans think of him. He'll sign a deal with whichever clubs offers him most money. End of.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Jul 2006 11:41

Wycombe Royal
madmickb Not With Charlton or Man City he won't

He will certainly earn more money with both of those and does have a BETTER chance of winning a major trophy with them.

What trophy, the Greater Manchester Challenge Cup or the South London Community Shield?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 18 Jul 2006 11:47

SpaceCruiser
Wycombe Royal

He will certainly earn more money with both of those and does have a BETTER chance of winning a major trophy with them.

What trophy, the Greater Manchester Challenge Cup or the South London Community Shield?

Hilarious, in fact so hilarious it took you over 2 hours to come up with it.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 18 Jul 2006 11:49

greedy? no, put it into the perspectives of your life

if you're offered a 8.50 job with company A, and then offered a 11.00 job plus company car (my metaphor for european football) what are you gonna take?

back sidwell, wish him well cause either way he'll do/has done a job for us

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 18 Jul 2006 11:50

Wycombe Royal
SpaceCruiser
Wycombe Royal

Hilarious, in fact so hilarious it took you over 2 hours to come up with it.

Not fair, I didn't see it until 15 minutes ago. I was on AE most of this morning, you know. ;)

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Jul 2006 13:13

Jerry St Clair Sidwell couldn't give a toss what the fans think of him. He'll sign a deal with whichever clubs offers him most money. End of.

Wll said JSC (as usual). All this get off his back and support him nonsense is a total irrelevance. The only thing that is relevant is his performances for RFC whilst still under contract with us. As far as I am concerned, those performances will be under great scrutiny.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 18 Jul 2006 13:19

floyd__streete
Jerry St Clair Sidwell couldn't give a toss what the fans think of him. He'll sign a deal with whichever clubs offers him most money. End of.

Wll said JSC (as usual). All this get off his back and support him nonsense is a total irrelevance. The only thing that is relevant is his performances for RFC whilst still under contract with us. As far as I am concerned, those performances will be under great scrutiny.

Regarding his performances being under great scrutiny; That goes for everyone who has a year left on their contract with RFC.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Jul 2006 13:23

Top Flight Regarding his performances being under great scrutiny; That goes for everyone who has a year left on their contract with RFC.

Too right.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 18 Jul 2006 13:23

Jerry St Clair
Top Flight Also, Sidwell is more likely to stay and eventually sign a new deal with the Royals if he is treated with some respect from the fans as opposed to disrespect!

Rubbish. Sidwell couldn't give a toss what the fans think of him. He'll sign a deal with whichever clubs offers him most money. End of.

Of course he will be he is less likely to stay with the Royals if we burn our bridges with him. People consider a variety of factors with money being an important one of them.

Same Money, Reading Vs Charlton, Sidwell chose Reading

Same Money at christmas, Reading Vs Charlton, fans hate Sidwell, he might choose Charlton.

More Money at Charlton or Man City at end of contract. Obviously Sidders chooses one of those.

Just respect Sidwell, he has done alot for the Royals, he has been part of our journey to the top..... If he chooses to leave, fair play!

I will always work for the company that pays me the most money.....

Sidders is from London, not from Reading....... Why should he be loyal to us!!

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 18 Jul 2006 13:25

Wycombe Royal
Tilehurst Mike
FiNeRaIn
Farnborough Royal Personally I don't like the fact that Sidwell didn't sign, but as long as he pulls his weight next season I have nothing against him.

I still don't understand that "I can't feed my family" BS :?

Exactly, can't he jsut admit he's a greedy cnut? There was always gonna be one disruptive oxf*rd who has to get in the way of things after we got promoted, sidwell gets the oxf*rd award.

who needs fans like you. Grow Up!!

Surely a footballer's aims in his career are to earn as much money as possible and to win as many major trophies as possible. Sidwell has a better chance of doing both of those if he leaves Reading.

And the way money appears before trophies in those aims nicely captures what is wrong with today's football at the higher echelons.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Jul 2006 13:25

Top Flight Same Money, Reading Vs Charlton, Sidwell chose Reading

Are you sure you don't want to edit this - because otherwise it is inaccurate.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 18 Jul 2006 13:27

RoyalBlue
Wycombe Royal
Tilehurst Mike
FiNeRaIn
Farnborough Royal Personally I don't like the fact that Sidwell didn't sign, but as long as he pulls his weight next season I have nothing against him.

I still don't understand that "I can't feed my family" BS :?

Exactly, can't he jsut admit he's a greedy cnut? There was always gonna be one disruptive oxf*rd who has to get in the way of things after we got promoted, sidwell gets the oxf*rd award.

who needs fans like you. Grow Up!!

Surely a footballer's aims in his career are to earn as much money as possible and to win as many major trophies as possible. Sidwell has a better chance of doing both of those if he leaves Reading.

And the way money appears before trophies in those aims nicely captures what is wrong with today's football at the higher echelons.

Although surprisingly according to newspaper reports last weekend Craig Bellamy has forgone £1m a year (£20k per week) to join Liverpool instead of signing the new deal that Blackburn offered because he wants to win trophies.

THat does seem hard to believe but if true then fair play to him.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 18 Jul 2006 13:29

I couldnt care less about Sidwell and the sooner he leaves the better. That may sound incredibly harsh but he's been wanting to leave for weeks, and his attitude towards the club (who don't forget have given him the chance to be where he is now) smacks of complete disrespect. Unless we break our wage structure to keep him (which until he's proved himself in the Prem I don't think we should even consider) he'll be leaving whether it's this year or next year. I'd rather we get the money for him now while we can, the last thing we want is get nothing for him at all.

HighburyRoyale

by HighburyRoyale » 18 Jul 2006 14:28

KC Royal I'd rather we get the money for him now while we can, the last thing we want is get nothing for him at all.

Agreed, but only if we get a decent replacement first. No point in selling him and then trying to attract someone better. Otherwise the loss of 2 or so million will be well offset by having our first choice central midfielder playing for us to try and prove he's worth a contract anywhere in the Prem next year!

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 18 Jul 2006 14:29

KC Royal I couldnt care less about Sidwell and the sooner he leaves the better. That may sound incredibly harsh but he's been wanting to leave for weeks, and his attitude towards the club (who don't forget have given him the chance to be where he is now) smacks of complete disrespect. Unless we break our wage structure to keep him (which until he's proved himself in the Prem I don't think we should even consider) he'll be leaving whether it's this year or next year. I'd rather we get the money for him now while we can, the last thing we want is get nothing for him at all.

Yes, but if we sell, he needs to be replaced as well as another midfielder on top. If we sign Whitehead for say 2 Million which is apparantly our rumoured final offer, whats to say he doesn't want 15 grand + a week. Will we be any better off and is Whitehead a better player--I doubt it though hand on heart I have never seen him play so not really in a position to comment. Its a tough call and explains the dilemna that Madjeski faces as Coppell of course doesn't want Sidwell to leave.

I'm hoping the masses of Korean and Far eastern Press that have been around to witness Seol's arrival will generate some business interest back in Korea. Who Knows a wealthy benefactor may be hand to take the reins from Madjeski and all this will he or wont here as far as Sidwell is concerned will be taken care of by an infusion of Far Eastern readies!!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 18 Jul 2006 14:45

Tilehurst Mike
KC Royal I couldnt care less about Sidwell and the sooner he leaves the better. That may sound incredibly harsh but he's been wanting to leave for weeks, and his attitude towards the club (who don't forget have given him the chance to be where he is now) smacks of complete disrespect. Unless we break our wage structure to keep him (which until he's proved himself in the Prem I don't think we should even consider) he'll be leaving whether it's this year or next year. I'd rather we get the money for him now while we can, the last thing we want is get nothing for him at all.

Yes, but if we sell, he needs to be replaced as well as another midfielder on top. If we sign Whitehead for say 2 Million which is apparantly our rumoured final offer, whats to say he doesn't want 15 grand + a week. Will we be any better off and is Whitehead a better player--I doubt it though hand on heart I have never seen him play so not really in a position to comment. Its a tough call and explains the dilemna that Madjeski faces as Coppell of course doesn't want Sidwell to leave.

I'm hoping the masses of Korean and Far eastern Press that have been around to witness Seol's arrival will generate some business interest back in Korea. Who Knows a wealthy benefactor may be hand to take the reins from Madjeski and all this will he or wont here as far as Sidwell is concerned will be taken care of by an infusion of Far Eastern readies!!

I doubt it but we can all dream.....

Do we really want a Korean chairman? Isn't that a bit risky?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 18 Jul 2006 14:46

So at least you value Sidwell.....

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 18 Jul 2006 14:49

HighburyRoyale
KC Royal I'd rather we get the money for him now while we can, the last thing we want is get nothing for him at all.

Agreed, but only if we get a decent replacement first. No point in selling him and then trying to attract someone better. Otherwise the loss of 2 or so million will be well offset by having our first choice central midfielder playing for us to try and prove he's worth a contract anywhere in the Prem next year!

That is true, but I'd hope Coppell would have someone identified as a possible replacement already. I'm not sure whether Whitehead is worth 2m but then again I can't remember the last time I saw him play if at all. He's also been chased by West Ham as well, so we would have serious competition. That is the problem though, where are going to get a suitable replacement for Sidwell at the right price, all the top players will be worth more than 2m anyway.