Any reaction from the fans towards Sidwell ?

linked_201

by linked_201 » 18 Jul 2006 16:09

KC Royal I couldnt care less about Sidwell and the sooner he leaves the better. That may sound incredibly harsh but he's been wanting to leave for weeks, and his attitude towards the club (who don't forget have given him the chance to be where he is now) smacks of complete disrespect. Unless we break our wage structure to keep him (which until he's proved himself in the Prem I don't think we should even consider) he'll be leaving whether it's this year or next year. I'd rather we get the money for him now while we can, the last thing we want is get nothing for him at all.

I was under the impression that if we sell sidwell, we pay alot to arsenal from an old transfer fee clause... i could be mistaken though.

On the subject of Siddy, a friend put it in perspective for me:
forgot about the contract fiasco for now, let him play his football. If he plays great and is a key factor in keeping Reading in the prem that will be great. If he still wants ££ that isnt on offer at the end of the season than let him go; 20m (about that isnt it?) is gonna be in the bank for being a prem team so thats better then cashing in now and being championship bound again, surely? -of course this whole argument is built on the basis that Sidwell will make a huge difference to us at Prem level... which i hope he can. until then like topflight il be backing him on the pitch 100%

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 18 Jul 2006 16:13

Top Flight
KC Royal I couldnt care less about Sidwell and the sooner he leaves the better. That may sound incredibly harsh but he's been wanting to leave for weeks, and his attitude towards the club (who don't forget have given him the chance to be where he is now) smacks of complete disrespect. Unless we break our wage structure to keep him (which until he's proved himself in the Prem I don't think we should even consider) he'll be leaving whether it's this year or next year. I'd rather we get the money for him now while we can, the last thing we want is get nothing for him at all.

So at least you value Sidwell.....

Oh I do, unless he compounds things with poor performances. Thats one thing I am sure of, he will play well, whether thats for our benefit is another thing altogether though.

linked_201

by linked_201 » 18 Jul 2006 16:13

oh, and on the note of what this forum is about; i heard at didcot:

(to the tune of super sid) "Sidwell sign a deal, sidwell sign a deal, sidwell sign a deal, sign a deal sidwell."

although i liked this one more (even if its irrelevant):

(sonko is superman) "sonko is afroman, sonko is afroman....!" :lol:

its all coming back now, another great one was: (at a group of children watching over the fence from a slide in a pub garden)

"does your mother know your here?!" :lol:

im easily amused...

OLA Royal

by OLA Royal » 18 Jul 2006 16:43

When Didcot scored and Sidwell had a pop at the lino, he did get a bit of abuse some fans. I did think he had a bit of an attitude problem though. It seemed to me that you could see a bit of frustration in his performance and his general demeanour.
Am i not right in thinking that his contract situation will surely affect his attitude towards the club. If he feels that they are not offering him what he wants, his commitment levels will not be as high as before this problem?
In true Trevor Brooking style i am undecided as to what the right outcome would be though!

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 18 Jul 2006 22:01

Tilehurst Road
madmickb He did get a good response apart from one or two prats i think the best shout was ' SIDWELL DEAL OR NO DEAL'
Guilty. :oops:

I think bigz is the most guilty out of all of us. :lol:

Funniest chant was when Sidwell comically missed his kick and brought a chorus of: "18,000 grand (however much he wants) you're having a laugh".

"Sidwell, sign a deal, Sidwell, Sidwell, sign a deal".

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 18 Jul 2006 22:38

Ever since we got promoted it was Sidwell and Hahnemann the main voices who moaned about the wages and bonuses.

We've offered Sidwell a fantastic contract in terms of money and the faith has been placed in him over the years who is currently our vice captain and eventually when Murty leaves the natural replacement.

At the moment, he's used ourselves and Charlton as a way of getting more money and after talking to Man City his wages demands shot up again.

His motivation isn't Reading FC but the next paypacket. If he leaves on August 31st or before then good riddance and I would like to think we'll get someone in who's motivation isn't money and just purely Premiership survival.

It's quite sad to be discussing him when I would much rather be talking about the real great news yesterday that Shane Long signed a new deal and has been rewarded for progress with his determination and hunger to improve.Everytime he's worn the Reading shirt, you've sensed he is proud to wear it which is something Sidwell won't be at the moment.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 18 Jul 2006 22:40

Tilehurst Mike
FiNeRaIn
Farnborough Royal Personally I don't like the fact that Sidwell didn't sign, but as long as he pulls his weight next season I have nothing against him.

I still don't understand that "I can't feed my family" BS :?

Exactly, can't he jsut admit he's a greedy cnut? There was always gonna be one disruptive oxf*rd who has to get in the way of things after we got promoted, sidwell gets the oxf*rd award.

who needs fans like you. Grow Up!!

Who are you? Got a season ticket?

bracknell loyal royal!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by bracknell loyal royal! » 18 Jul 2006 23:25

I was watching some of the promotion highlights earlier and Sidwell was one of the main characters, all happy and seemed like he really loved it here, got on with the team etc, he needs to get his priorities right, we've been loyal to him, he needs to acknowledge this and sign a new deal.

Tilehurst Road
Location: And yeah I'd like to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from wok-ingham

by Tilehurst Road » 19 Jul 2006 01:30

Top Flight Also, Sidwell is more likely to stay and eventually sign a new deal with the Royals if he is treated with some respect from the fans as opposed to disrespect!
Not being funny, but why should I respect him?

On that note, why should I expect any of our players? Quite frankly I couldn't give a toss about 95% of our first team players.

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 19 Jul 2006 03:11

Tilehurst Road Quite frankly I couldn't give a toss about 95% of our first team players.

Funny that, they all speak very highly of you.

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 19 Jul 2006 08:48

FiNeRaIn
Tilehurst Mike
FiNeRaIn
Farnborough Royal Personally I don't like the fact that Sidwell didn't sign, but as long as he pulls his weight next season I have nothing against him.

Exactly, can't he jsut admit he's a greedy cnut? There was always gonna be one disruptive oxf*rd who has to get in the way of things after we got promoted, sidwell gets the oxf*rd award.

Yes, a season ticket holder for 40 years. Top that if you can.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Jul 2006 08:52

Tilehurst Mike
FiNeRaIn
Tilehurst Mike
FiNeRaIn

Yes, a season ticket holder for 40 years. Top that if you can.

Wow I'm impressed. Is everyone else impressed too?

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 19 Jul 2006 08:56

He's just answered the question to be fair to him.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Jul 2006 09:46

southbank1871 He's just answered the question to be fair to him.

It was the "top that if you can" comment I was referring to.

KC Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by KC Royal » 19 Jul 2006 10:20

Tilehurst Road
Top Flight Also, Sidwell is more likely to stay and eventually sign a new deal with the Royals if he is treated with some respect from the fans as opposed to disrespect!
Not being funny, but why should I respect him?

On that note, why should I expect any of our players? Quite frankly I couldn't give a toss about 95% of our first team players.

On the subject of respect, did anyone hear the show on BBC Berkshire on 1st May with Murty. I've respected him for a long time, but after some of the things he said about when things were tough and battling through it, I've now got immense respect for him.

Tilehurst Road
Location: And yeah I'd like to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from wok-ingham

by Tilehurst Road » 19 Jul 2006 11:41

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo
Tilehurst Road Quite frankly I couldn't give a toss about 95% of our first team players.

Exactly my point. Why should we give a f*ck about a bunch of over-paid players who wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire?

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Jul 2006 11:45

Tilehurst Road
JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

Exactly my point. Why should we give a f*ck about a bunch of over-paid players who wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire?

Why are you supporting a football team then?

Tilehurst Road

by Tilehurst Road » 19 Jul 2006 11:47

Wycombe Royal
Tilehurst Road
JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

Sorry for my ignorance, I thought it was Reading Football Club, not Reading Football Team. :roll:

I enjoy watching football, and my support lies for Reading Football Club, but the players I just don't give a f*ck about. The main reasons behind supporting RFC for me are to have pride in my local football club on a national competition.

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 19 Jul 2006 11:50

Tilehurst Road
Wycombe Royal
Tilehurst Road
JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

Sorry for my ignorance, I thought it was Reading Football Club, not Reading Football Team. :roll:

I enjoy watching football, and my support lies for Reading Football Club, but the players I just don't give a f*ck about. The main reasons behind supporting RFC for me are to have pride in my local football club on a national competition.

Indeed.

There's no loyalty in football these days anyway. I'll give you one name to prove that... Alan Pardew.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Jul 2006 11:51

Tilehurst Road
Wycombe Royal
Tilehurst Road
JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

Reading Football Club is a team made of football players. So if you don't give a "f*ck" (as you so aptly put it) about the players then you don't give a f*ck about the team either.

The club is nothing without the players, and its performances could be affected if just one of them sustains a long term injury. If one fan goes no-one would notice.