Any reaction from the fans towards Sidwell ?

Tilehurst Road
Location: And yeah I'd like to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from wok-ingham

by Tilehurst Road » 19 Jul 2006 11:56

Wycombe Royal
Tilehurst Road
Wycombe Royal
Tilehurst Road
JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo
Tilehurst Road Quite frankly I couldn't give a toss about 95% of our first team players.

Funny that, they all speak very highly of you.
Exactly my point. Why should we give a f*ck about a bunch of over-paid players who wouldn't piss on us if we were on fire?

Why are you supporting a football team then?

Sorry for my ignorance, I thought it was Reading Football Club, not Reading Football Team. :roll:

I enjoy watching football, and my support lies for Reading Football Club, but the players I just don't give a f*ck about. The main reasons behind supporting RFC for me are to have pride in my local football club on a national competition.

Reading Football Club is a team made of football players. So if you don't give a "f*ck" (as you so aptly put it for someone who has held a season ticket for 40 years) about the players then you don't give a f*ck about the team either.

The club is nothing without the players, and its performances could be affected if just one of them sustains a long term injury. If one fan goes no-one would notice.
So why are people going on about the fan's reaction to ONE player? :roll:

And within Reading Football Club, the players make up less than 10% of the club/company's workforce. There will ALWAYS be players to replace our current players. They may not be as good as the players they're replacing, but that is where the club rely on the fans to continue to support them.

When I say I don't give a f*ck about any of the players, obviously I don't mean that I don't chant or cheer them on. It just means that I'd not be too concerned if a player went down with a career threatening injury or the like- not that I'd wish it on them mind you.

End of the day, players come and go....this Sidwell saga is another example of the lack of loyalty in football; we always seem to get the wrong end of the deal with loyalty when a carrot is dangled. Players may play here for up to 5 seasons, fans though, they'll be here forever.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 19 Jul 2006 13:34

Wycombe Royal The club is nothing without the players, and its performances could be affected if just one of them sustains a long term injury. If one fan goes no-one would notice.

Actually a club is nothing without supporters. Players (and Chairmen) will come and go but as someone else has already pointed out, supporters tend to be for life. I believe that is true at every single level of football.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 19 Jul 2006 13:48

RoyalBlue
Wycombe Royal The club is nothing without the players, and its performances could be affected if just one of them sustains a long term injury. If one fan goes no-one would notice.

Actually a club is nothing without supporters. Players (and Chairmen) will come and go but as someone else has already pointed out, supporters tend to be for life. I believe that is true at every single level of football.

Hence why I said one fan. It is unlikely that all your supporters, or even a high proportion of them would go (the hardcore will always remain).

My point is that if you care about the club, you care about the players that are currently contracted to it. But the care for the players only exists at a playing level, not personal.

Flyingkiwi
Hob Nob Regular

by Flyingkiwi » 19 Jul 2006 17:07

RoyalBlue

Exactly! We, the fans, are the heart and soul of the club. We are the ones with the passion for Reading Football Club, not the players; they are professional sportsmen and are looking for the best deal for themselves and good luck to them!
I only wish that some of our, so called, fans would realise this.
Good Luck Steve! I hope you choose to stay with us but, if not, I wish you well and thanks for all you’ve helped us achieve.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 20 Jul 2006 11:33

Flyingkiwi
RoyalBlue

Exactly! We, the fans, are the heart and soul of the club. We are the ones with the passion for Reading Football Club, not the players; they are professional sportsmen and are looking for the best deal for themselves and good luck to them!
I only wish that some of our, so called, fans would realise this.
Good Luck Steve! I hope you choose to stay with us but, if not, I wish you well and thanks for all you’ve helped us achieve.

I find it bizarre as the fans of Reading we are expected to applaud actions which might ultimately put the club in a worse position.

I, for one, will not be wishing Sidwell the best if he does decide to leave. That doesn't mean, however, I don't understand why he may take to option to go to another club.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Jul 2006 12:56

Sidwell has been honest and open, If he goes good luck to him, If he stays thats great news.

If Kitson was to do a Pardew or McGhee and pledge his loyalty to the club and the fans only to leave the next day/week things would be different.

Mr Angry
Hob Nob Addict

by Mr Angry » 20 Jul 2006 13:52

Forbury Lion Sidwell has been honest and open, If he goes good luck to him, If he stays thats great news.

If Kitson was to do a Pardew or McGhee and pledge his loyalty to the club and the fans only to leave the next day/week things would be different.

See, thats the sort of keyboard warrior typing that really pi$$es Kitson off!

Honestly Forbes, I would have thought better of you mate.

:wink:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Jul 2006 14:53

Mr Angry
Forbury Lion Sidwell has been honest and open, If he goes good luck to him, If he stays thats great news.

See, thats the sort of keyboard warrior typing that really pi$$es Kitson off!

Honestly Forbes, I would have thought better of you mate.

:wink:
You quoted me, that makes you just as guilty :wink:

harryroyal

Re:

by harryroyal » 28 Nov 2012 23:22

madmickb Not With Man City he won't

awks

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Re:

by Mike Hunt » 29 Nov 2012 00:56

harryroyal
madmickb Not With Man City he won't

awks

y 'arry, y?

Albert Spangler
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Any reaction from the fans towards Sidwell ?

by Albert Spangler » 29 Nov 2012 01:00

Wow, look at all the embedded quotes at the top of this page. A reminder of better times.