Warnock: Reading are not in our league

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 17 Sep 2006 01:10

Honestly, his post match remarks are largely spot on. He's bound to say we were hanging on in the end, and it's true that on another day they might have equalized.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths some people will go to to twist Colin's words to make him look bad. He has nothing but good things to say about us and it's clear he relishes playing us. Compare the puerile rantings of the anti-Colin crowd with James Harper's comments on the OS: "he's just the kind of manager you want... he always backs his players completely... he's good for the game... i like him." I bet that represents the view of many of the players.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 17 Sep 2006 01:17

Arch Honestly, his post match remarks are largely spot on. He's bound to say we were hanging on in the end, and it's true that on another day they might have equalized.

It never ceases to amaze me the lengths some people will go to to twist Colin's words to make him look bad. He has nothing but good things to say about us and it's clear he relishes playing us. Compare the puerile rantings of the anti-Colin crowd with James Harper's comments on the OS: "he's just the kind of manager you want... he always backs his players completely... he's good for the game... i like him." I bet that represents the view of many of the players.

It's not the view of a hell of a lot of Blades fans. He would have been sacked if Leeds of Watford have put together a decent run at the end of last season, and I won't be surprised if he gets the boot before the end of the season. It's not hard to see that Harper would get on well with Warnock, but Harper's hardly your typical Premiership footballer. He probably wouldn't think so much of him if he was under Warnock's management and playing for a team that had immediately found themselves in the relegation zone and couldn't score goals (except ones that are offside :roll: )

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Sep 2006 10:07

Unless I was hearing things, he seemed to be hinting in the MOTD interview that he hadn't been given enough resources for the Premiership!

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 17 Sep 2006 10:53

Correct.

He said something like you can only work with the resources you have.

Should have spent more wisely Neil : :wink:

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 17 Sep 2006 10:57

Warnock is the same as McGhee in many ways, he clearly has a problem with Reading and can't stop himself putting a dig in before every game which perpetuates our animosity towards him. As ever, it does Coppell's job for him.

Murts put it well when asked on MOTD about people who write Reading off "please keep doing it, we absolutely love it"

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 17 Sep 2006 11:13

Neil comes from a long line of miserable loners that no one takes particularly seriously.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 17 Sep 2006 11:18

There were some classic quotes from Hallam FM on the way back.

Presenter: The Reading team is full of youth and pace, the Blades are just a load of aging has-beens. What do you say to that.

Caller: errr yes.

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 17 Sep 2006 11:22

Neil was a little lost as he did not have any referee /linesman based cock ups to pass the blame on to...I bet he was almost willing Lita's header in from the cross from Inga when the ball looked to have gone out..

You can imagine it...we would have got at least a point but decisions like that are costing us etc etc.

Instead he blamed us scoring so early...naughty Kevin. Giving us a huge lift at a place which we knew would be difficult to come to...yeah, like the previous four league visits had been for us!!

He knows they are in deep do do. He, and the fans will have looked at the fixtures and thought this is a nailed on 3pts to get us up and running..he also knows that even after 5 games, lose, and the writing is on the wall for them.

He tried to put a brave face on it but the truth is they have no real quality and they should have snapped off someone's hand when they were offering £4m + for Jagielka.

blade 1

by blade 1 » 17 Sep 2006 18:06

he was complementary on the local radio and in all fairness always has been about you.

said that reading would never have given away the goalwe did and we didn't even get a look in in the first half. he rightly said the early goal killed us , which it did but said you deserved it

joed9531

by joed9531 » 17 Sep 2006 18:13

WARNOCK >>> WAT A W@NKER!!

im reading till i die im reading till i die i know i am im sure i am im reading till i die!!!!!!

Legend

by Legend » 17 Sep 2006 19:00

joed9531 WARNOCK >>> WAT A W@NKER!!

im reading till i die im reading till i die i know i am im sure i am im reading till i die!!!!!!

You're a thick embarrassment who needs to stop bunking off when English lessons are being held.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 17 Sep 2006 19:03

Legend

You're a thick embarrassment who needs to stop bunking off when English lessons are being held.

:lol:

joed9531

by joed9531 » 17 Sep 2006 19:16

EASTENDER MARKY
Legend

your bloody gay mate! whats wrong with some fightin spirit

Legend

by Legend » 17 Sep 2006 19:17

joed9531
EASTENDER MARKY
Legend

your bloody gay mate! whats wrong with some fightin spirit

Yeah floyde, you gay boy. :lol:

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Sep 2006 19:19

Legend Yeah floyde, you gay boy. :lol:

:shock: :?

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 17 Sep 2006 19:22

Life in football would just not be the same without Neil Warnock....

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 17 Sep 2006 20:41

You are so right Colin, .... you are SOOOOOooo right!

Yes, I know it's early days, and we are unlikely to pick up any points in our next 7 games, but I still think the graphic looks very attractive!