Player Ratings vs Man U

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 24 Sep 2006 16:09

zac naloen Anyone else notice convey pop up on the right a couple of times? He actually had a lot more luck going down that way than over on the left. seems utd may have a weak spot there.
From opposition corners, Convey is usually the first outlet and he'll go left, right or centre depending on how the ball comes out of defence.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 24 Sep 2006 16:55

Arch
zac naloen Anyone else notice convey pop up on the right a couple of times? He actually had a lot more luck going down that way than over on the left. seems utd may have a weak spot there.
From opposition corners, Convey is usually the first outlet and he'll go left, right or centre depending on how the ball comes out of defence.

He plays on the left, he plays on the right..

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 24 Sep 2006 17:00

Hahnemann: 7
Murty: 7
Sonko: 8
Ingimarsson: 7
Shorey: 7
Seol: 5
Harper: 6
Sidwell: 8
Convey: 7
Lita: 8
Doyle: 7

Subs:
Hunt: 6
Bikey: 7
Gunnarsson: 7

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 24 Sep 2006 17:02

I have to admit that Seol was starting to piss me off during the second half, whenever he'd get the ball he'd break up the flow of our attack and let united get back by walking (more or less) with it, and he'd been doing this all game.

He did well in other areas, but he needs to attack quicker and less hesitantly.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Sep 2006 17:08

ive just read my comment, and realised that, i sounded a bit negative on seol, and forgot to give ratings

marcus 6.9(i never realised decimal places were allowed!)
murts 7-was worried atthe start of teh season, but murts has looked prem class all the way
sonko 8-superman
ingimarrson 8-a rock-another one who had me worried atthe start, but is consistently proving me wrong
shorey 7-solid as ever
seol7.675 -tired atthe end, still looks at his feet, and asleep often, but made heinze look a bit daft, and created havoc on the wing
harper- 7.2 had a good game, passed tackled ran and waved his arms alot
sidwell-6.7 not up to his usual standard this year, but had his hands full with loads of the best players in this league
convey-7.2best match of the year, steady improvement from him, starting to find his feet again
doyle-another good game, looking class, hope no-one nicks him off us
lita-another hard working performance, caused them plenty of problems, never stopped running, his attitude is great since the "incedent"
hunty-6.5-would hate to play against him
brynn-6.9-really rate him, should get more games than he does
no.13 8.2-crowd hardly flagged at all, got louder after they scored
i cant believe MOTD said how good it was

and to all the whingers-i told you - stevie c is a god, that all our players are gods, and we are staying up.

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 24 Sep 2006 17:15

zac naloen I have to admit that Seol was starting to piss me off during the second half, whenever he'd get the ball he'd break up the flow of our attack and let united get back by walking (more or less) with it, and he'd been doing this all game.

He did well in other areas, but he needs to attack quicker and less hesitantly.
I thought the exclusion of Blakey from the bench was a bit strange.......it would've been nice to see Blakey have a nibble at the Man U tiring defence (especially their vulnerable left side)

Also thought, had Kits been available/fit and in full flow.............he would've given Ferdinand a challenge or two to remember.

Erstwhile.......still on a high and still celebrating.....1 point more than expected :D

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Sep 2006 17:27

if we get another 2 or three from the nexttwo home games ill be in dream land

and i fancy three at wetsham next week, and thats over a quarter of the way to safety, get sidwell signed up on 20 k a week before the window

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 24 Sep 2006 17:38

Fezza To be honest I thought Seol was fantastic in the first half but faded in the second half to a point where he failed to track back and double team Ronaldo with Murts after the 50th minute, this along with Murts injury led to Manure getting the goal.

That said it was a fantastic performance from all of the boy's, I thought Sonko was immense today.

Great point. It would have made a difference if Murts had had some support, although Ronaldo did not do too much tracking back for United either.

Harold

by Harold » 24 Sep 2006 17:39

Harper was better than Sidwell yesterday. HTH

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 24 Sep 2006 20:22

:shock: What game were you people watching? Apart from hard-work Convey was shocking, so many weak passes cut out, and never had any confidence to take anyone on.

Marcus-8
Murty-7
Shorey-7
Ingi-7
Sonko-8
Seol-7
Convey-5
Sidwell-6
Harper-6
Doyle-6
Lita-6

G Force 1871
Location: I'll always be on the Southbank halfway up, midway between the halfway line and the away end.

by G Force 1871 » 24 Sep 2006 21:27

Agree with a lot of the comments on here already. Some additional points i'd like to make are highlighted in bold.

Marcus 6 - Not much to do, some poor spillages and good god can someone teach him how to Kick!!!

Murts - 8 Immense, had to deal with Ronaldo all game and did it pretty well. No support from Seol or the spare centre half, when a world class player is against us sometimes we have to double up - particulalry when theres only one up front.

Shorey - 7 Never been to a game where Shorey has got under 7.

Sonks - 8 Solid and some superb moments as others have pointed out

Ingi - 8 Cleared out the rubbish every time there was a loose ball at the back the Iceman was there.

Harps - 8 Awesome ran his socks of for 94 minutes and made some quality passes. Only criticism is that he didn't get in the box often enough.

Sidders - 6 Quiet but worked hard, certainly didn't get forward enough. A lot of crosses were going into the box with only one or two strikers in there they didn't have a chance.

Seol - Going forward 8 Getting back 0 - Seol is the most frustating player in a Reading Shirt for two reason's. 1 He's technically the best player i have ever seen in the hoops. but 2. He's lazy (never tracks his runner) & Greedy (I don't really mind because he normally delivers). He also needs to learn to attack at pace sometimes.

Convey Going forward 6 hasn't yet hit the heights of last season but this was his best prem game so far. Come on Bob we know you can do it. Seems to be a real confidence player and is just lacking something at the moment. Getting back 10 What he makes up for going forward he makes up for in the speed at which he gets back when we lose possesion.

Doyle - 7 ran his socks of - not a natural finisher as shown by his poor attempt in the first half.

Lita - 7 Again ran his socks off some great touches but still a little bit too greedy.

bassavage

by bassavage » 24 Sep 2006 21:31

Hahnemann 7 - Spilt the ball from Ronaldo's free kick in the 1st half but otherwise a superb performance.
Murty 8 - Thought he was terrific at the back. Only mistake was letting Ronaldo cut inside for the goal
Ingimarsson 8 - Solid and made some crucial blocks.
Sonko 9 - Absolutely magnificent. Won every header and made some crucial challenges on Rooney.
Shorey 7 - Solid.
Seol 8 - Thought he was outstanding out wide and well worth the £1.5m fee.
Sidwell 7 - Caught napping on one occassion but solid throughout
Harper 7 - Never stopped running.
Convey 8 - Made some great bursts out wide.
Lita 8 - Defenders couldn't handle him and was winning plenty of free kicks against them.
Doyle 8 - Fantastic as ever. Scored the goal and could (probably should) have scored in the 1st half.

Gunnarsson was terrific when he came on and Hunt and Bikey were also superb.[/b]

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 24 Sep 2006 21:42

LoyalRoyal22 :shock: What game were you people watching? Apart from hard-work Convey was shocking, so many weak passes cut out, and never had any confidence to take anyone on.

Marcus-8
Murty-7
Shorey-7
Ingi-7
Sonko-8
Seol-7
Convey-5
Sidwell-6
Harper-6
Doyle-6
Lita-6

I would almost go for those ratings except Marcus's. How the hell you can rate him an 8 when he could hardly hold onto a thing and if Untd were as sharp as they normally are they would certianly put one of those chances away.

Possibly give Harper and Sidwell and extra point too as they did work very hard against a midfield central trio of United with very little help from anyone

RoyalBird

by RoyalBird » 24 Sep 2006 22:21

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/spl ... s_team.stm

Seems like Garth Crooks disagrees with most of us, if you count his possible team players as the best. Only defender is Ingimarsson, with Sidwell and Seol Ki-Hyeon both an option to select in Midfield, with Seol making it in the first XI. Can't deny that Ingimarsson had a good game, but am shocked that neither Murty or Sonko got in the choice of players!

Sonic

by Sonic » 24 Sep 2006 22:53

Wow, what a tough audiance !!! We just drew with Man United !!! I thought the whole team played fantastically well. The defence stood up to some of the best forwards the premiership can offer. We only got caught for the goal because for once we did n't double team Ronaldo. Harper & Sidwell worked so hard in the middle of the park and Convey did a great team job. Up front Doyle and Lita ran themselves into the ground in the knowledge that they would get little support from midfield because of the defensive cover required.

earley_royals
Location: I am earley, super earley, i am earley, from Earley.

by earley_royals » 24 Sep 2006 23:26

Some harsh ratings so far IMO.

Here's mine:

Hahnemann - 7, not many saves to make.
Murty - 7/8, thought he coped really well yesterday, partly at fault for the goal though.
Shorey - 8, thought he was excellent and did really well against Ronaldo in the first half.
Sonko - 9.5, outstanding. One of the best defensive displays I've seen from a Reading player. Sonko or Vidic, I know who I'd rather have.
Ingimarsson - 8, did very well. Has adapted to the Premiership brilliantly.
Seol - 6/7, did alright, but he needs to work on the defensive part of his game. Was caught out of position for Ronaldo's goal.
Convey - 7, battled really well and forced a number of errors from Gary Neville.
Sidwell - 7, fought really hard in against United's central midfield three.
Harper - 6/7, quietly effective.
Doyle - 7/8, ran himself into the ground yet again.
Lita - 6/7, a few bright moments but did not make the most of the ball sometimes.

SUBS:
Gunnarsson - 7, come on and steadied the ship.
Hunt - 7, purposely brought on to mark Ronaldo and did a good job.
Bikey - 6, what he did, he did well.

Reading fans - 10, cracking support yesterday.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 25 Sep 2006 09:37

For me, Harper had a good first half, with Sidders off the pace. In the second it switched around with Sid getting more involved.
Convey is backing out of challenges he would have made last season but is steadily improving after a poor start.
Plus, what has happened to Marcus's distribution?

But if I were a utd fan, I would be seriously worried about Carrick - completely anonymous in that game.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 25 Sep 2006 09:41

But if I were a utd fan, I would be seriously worried about Carrick - completely anonymous in that game.

I think there's an argument that a defensive midfielder should be a cog, something that allows the rest of the team to work.

The fact that I heard his name for the first time around the 60th minute is neither here nor there.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 25 Sep 2006 09:45

Overall Team rating - 10/10
Overall Support rating - 11/10

Don't get too carried away with the result though - Sunderland drew with ManU at home last season.

royalroo

by royalroo » 25 Sep 2006 09:59

To quote Pardew's after match comments from Saturday "it's not a game of individuals but a team game", going on to say that West Ham were not clicking as a team. It seems this is one thing Reading are doing and doing well.
Player ratings seem a pointless exercise - it's the team as a unit that counts.
Therefore to the team i give 8/10 - To Murts i give not a rating but praise for taking himself off as a team player not trying to be a hero and taking a risk of getting beaten.
To Bikey - for the few minutes he was on he looked the part, not long before a permanent spot in the starting line up i think.