Arsene Wenger email

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Harps stay sharp

Arsene Wenger email

by Harps stay sharp » 23 Oct 2006 15:26

Just had this from an Arsenal Fan at work. Apparently he gets one every week.

Dear Arsenal supporter,

I was worried about Sunday's trip to the Madejski Stadium because I have seen Reading there against Manchester United and Chelsea, and I know from experience that after a Champions League game it is always very tricky to go away from home.

So I was concerned by the difficulty of the task, but we responded very well. We had a good start with a fantastic goal from Thierry inside the first minute and after that our movement, our technique and our pace made a big difference.

Reading never gave up and they were dangerous on set pieces and crosses but overall we looked like we could always create something with our mobility and quick, coordinated movement.

It was a very good performance. We were on a very good run before the game against CSKA Moscow and we were disappointed on Tuesday night after losing that game. We wanted a quick response to make sure our level of confidence did not drop.

Cesc Fabregas signed a long-term contract last week and against Reading he showed exactly why we rate him so highly. He gave the right answer. He's a great player and he will be greater, I believe. There is a good understanding in our midfield now. We are very mobile, very quick and of course Cesc has a quick football brain.

Tomas Rosicky also impressed again. He is getting better in every game and I am very happy with his performances. We feel that physically he has adapted quicker to English football than we expected him to.

That was our fifth consecutive win in the Premiership. If you look at our performances we have beaten Watford, Charlton, Manchester United and now Reading. However, on Sunday I felt we played at a higher pace and with more mobility.

We were also under pressure because Manchester United won and Chelsea won on Saturday. We knew that the Reading game was a big day for us and we gave the right response.

Thanks for your support.

anR

by anR » 23 Oct 2006 15:30

Arsene Wenger is a class above Jose Mourinio...

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 23 Oct 2006 15:33

R
E
S
P
E
C
T

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 23 Oct 2006 15:51

:lol:

Really? seems a little laughable to me.

"Dear Arsenal Supporter,

Excuse me for being so chummy and not knowing your real name. Lots of exciting things happened for me this week, and here's what I thought of them. Hope you're keeping well,

Love Arsene"

:roll:

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 23 Oct 2006 15:52

anR Arsene Wenger is a class above Jose Mourinio...

EVERYBODY is a class above that twat

HereWeCome

by HereWeCome » 23 Oct 2006 15:53

for some reason i get this every week from arsene too, i think i let one of my arsenal supporting mates use my e-mail address to register on their site but can't quite remember!

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 23 Oct 2006 16:00

Oh look, Wenger mentions Reading nicely in a sentence. Time to lick the bum hole of Arsenal some more.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 23 Oct 2006 16:10

RobRoyal :lol:

"Dear Arsenal Supporter,

Excuse me for being so chummy and not knowing your real name. Lots of exciting things happened for me this week, and here's what I thought of them. Hope you're keeping well,

Love Arsene"

I thought it was a personal one sent from the manager, if it wasn't then why all the fuss?

I'll shut up now.

M4 Junction 11
Hob Nob Regular

by M4 Junction 11 » 23 Oct 2006 16:30

We

Arsenal

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 23 Oct 2006 16:52

readingbedding
RobRoyal :lol:

"Dear Arsenal Supporter,

Love Arsene"

I thought it was a personal one sent from the manager, if it wasn't then why all the fuss?

I'll shut up now.

Because some people are now in love with Arsenal just because they played some good football.

anR

by anR » 23 Oct 2006 16:53

AJ~ Oh look, Wenger mentions Reading nicely in a sentence. Time to lick the bum hole of Arsenal some more.

In the wake of Mourinio, it's hardly surprising.

Now let's get back to that Wenger seed... :oops:

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 23 Oct 2006 19:24

It's easy to be generous when you have had a Sunday afternoon 4-0 stroll and oposition laid down and died.

Adz1871

by Adz1871 » 23 Oct 2006 19:25

anR
AJ~ Oh look, Wenger mentions Reading nicely in a sentence. Time to lick the bum hole of Arsenal some more.

In the wake of Mourinio, it's hardly surprising.

Now let's get back to that Wenger seed... :oops:

'I did not see ze incident' :lol:

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 23 Oct 2006 21:25

Jackson Corner It's easy to be generous when you have had a Sunday afternoon 4-0 stroll and oposition laid down and died.

No, the opposition didn't lay down and die. They were outclassed. No bad thing. We got Arsenal on a good day, and on a good day nobody can touch them.

To suggest our players just laid down and died is not showing them the respect they deserve and totally unfair (IMHO).

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 23 Oct 2006 21:43

In fact, to quote Steve Coppell, at 4-0 we "had them on the run".

15 posts   •   Page 1 of 1