Added time

willz_royal

Added time

by willz_royal » 21 Jan 2007 15:22

Just heard on 5live that johnsons injury added 5 minutes, along with one goal

we had a multiple goals, 2 serious injury stoppages, a full bench clearaout, and multiple goals

who works out this time added on :roll:

as i want my moneys worth :wink:

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 21 Jan 2007 15:25

Four minutes seems to be the default number whether there have been no stoppages or a quarter of an hour. For them to go five is just about unprecedented.

Interesting that Liverpool-Chelsea went only two yesterday. Chelsea obviously didn;t pay the fourth official enough. Either that or Mourinho wanted to get out of there as quick as possible.

AndyRFC
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AndyRFC » 21 Jan 2007 15:26

From the time Gillespie went off to the time the play restarted, that was five minutes as i looked on the scoreboard

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 21 Jan 2007 15:30

AndyRFC From the time Gillespie went off to the time the play restarted, that was five minutes as i looked on the scoreboard

exactly, and that was only one incident :shock: I know people will say, well, we are winning, lets have the 3 points and the final whistle, and the fact we got action of a different kind, but we lost out on about 10 minutes of real play at least, which means the club owe me 1/9 of my ticket :wink:

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Jan 2007 15:38

Arch Four minutes seems to be the default number whether there have been no stoppages or a quarter of an hour. For them to go five is just about unprecedented.

Interesting that Liverpool-Chelsea went only two yesterday. Chelsea obviously didn;t pay the fourth official enough. Either that or Mourinho wanted to get out of there as quick as possible.

Have written to the powers that be of Premier League about Styles who never seems to play the correct added time (previously after a TV game where it should have been at least 4 minutes he played just 1 minute).
He was the ref yesterday for Liverpool's game.
As with most refereeing matters there is no consistency.
I have had an acknowledgement from Premier League-I'll let you know when the full answer arrives.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 21 Jan 2007 15:44

Victor Meldrew
Arch Four minutes seems to be the default number whether there have been no stoppages or a quarter of an hour. For them to go five is just about unprecedented.

Have written to the powers that be of Premier League about Styles who never seems to play the correct added time (previously after a TV game where it should have been at least 4 minutes he played just 1 minute).
He was the ref yesterday for Liverpool's game.
As with most refereeing matters there is no consistency.
I have had an acknowledgement from Premier League-I'll let you know when the full answer arrives.

brilliant, super smashing great, i know this point is picky, but i feel that if football should be the best sport in the world, they need to sort out these kinds of inconsistencies, like offsides etc, that will have the power the ruin the game

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 21 Jan 2007 15:47

Victor Meldrew Have written to the powers that be of Premier League...

You should write to The FA.

The FA sanction the league rules and Referees are independent of clubs and leagues.

At least that's how it is for grassroots football.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 21 Jan 2007 15:50

Warfield Royal
Victor Meldrew Have written to the powers that be of Premier League...

You should write to The FA.

The FA sanction the league rules and Referees are independent of clubs and leagues.

At least that's how it is for grassroots football.

powers that be, isnt that Roman Abramovich and MORONio? :roll:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 21 Jan 2007 16:01

Why doesn't the watch/clock get stopped like in rugby?

That way, 90mins would 90mins, give or take finishing a period of live play. When the ball goes dead, the final whistle goes. There would none of this fart-arsing about guessing how long is left.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Jan 2007 16:04

If you watch Huntley's mobile video - it lasts 2 mins 40 secs or something and doesn't show any of the Gillespie elbowing on Hunt, if you add time for that, plus injuries, plus time for substitutions - it amounts to a good deal more than the 4 mins given by the fourth official.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 21 Jan 2007 16:04

Row Z Royal Why doesn't the watch/clock get stopped like in rugby?

That way, 90mins would 90mins, give or take finishing a period of live play. When the ball goes dead, the final whistle goes. There would none of this fart-arsing about guessing how long is left.

exactly, thats a great idea, but i do not condone egg chasing

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Jan 2007 16:10

Working out added time is actually quite simple and I have no idea why fans get so confused about it all.

few peopel seem to know how it's worked out:

Substitution - add 30s

Corner - don't add time

Injury - from the time the whiltle blows to the time play resumes, minus 10s

Handbags - add the time from the alleged incident to resumption of play, minus 30 seconds depending on the half

Ball out for a throw, impeded by slow ballboys - referee's discretion. No more than 10 s allowed.

Goal - max of 20s added

Consultation with linos - 30s per consultation minus any foul decisions

You just add all of them up, multiply it by (1-goals scored), times by 1.2 dependig on the timewasting side, minus about 20s based on who's winning, multiply all of that by zero and finally add a random number from 0 to 5 mins.

Sounds quite complex but once you get the hang of it its extraordinarily easy.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Jan 2007 16:12

2 world wars, 1 world cup Working out added time is actually quite simple and I have no idea why fans get so confused about it all.

few peopel seem to know how it's worked out:

Substitution - add 30s

Corner - don't add time

Injury - from the time the whiltle blows to the time play resumes, minus 10s

Handbags - add the time from the alleged incident to resumption of play, minus 30 seconds depending on the half

Ball out for a throw, impeded by slow ballboys - referee's discretion. No more than 10 s allowed.

Goal - max of 20s added

Consultation with linos - 30s per consultation minus any foul decisions

You just add all of them up, multiply it by (1-goals scored), times by 1.2 dependig on the timewasting side, minus about 20s based on who's winning, multiply all of that by zero and finally add a random number from 0 to 5 mins.

Sounds quite complex but once you get the hang of it its extraordinarily easy.
yes. So 4 substitutions = 2 mins before you allow for injuries and handbags. :roll:

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 21 Jan 2007 16:14

I went to a Rugby match once. London Irish at the MadStad of course. Apart from having no idea what was going on the match finished 20 minutes late. Mrs WR was picking us up and she was not pleased :(

Anyway, I firmly believe that all the shortcomings of Referees add to the enjoyment of football.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 21 Jan 2007 16:17

Warfield Royal

I went to a Rugby match once. London Irish at the MadStad of course. Apart from having no idea what was going on the match finished 20 minutes late. Mrs WR was picking us up and she was not pleased :(

Anyway, I firmly believe that all the shortcomings of Referees add to the enjoyment of football.

yes, especially when we need a goal in a must win game, and the ref ends it 2 mins early :roll:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 21 Jan 2007 16:18

Warfield Royal Anyway, I firmly believe that all the shortcomings of Referees add to the enjoyment of football.

I know what you mean - can anyone imagine what it would be like on here if we had even less to moan about?

royals pete

by royals pete » 21 Jan 2007 16:20

FULLY EXPECTED 8 mins to go up.

But 3-1 scoreline at 17/1 I'm happy !!

Did Ref come away with any credit for sending Gillespie through a ruck of players to the red card !! I don't think so. Recipe for disaster.

Warfield Royal

by Warfield Royal » 21 Jan 2007 16:22

2 world wars, 1 world cup multiply all of that by zero...

:D :D :D

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 21 Jan 2007 16:45

Didn't care one jot! In a way it was good as the more time played there was more chance of another injury.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 21 Jan 2007 16:56

I have found that the easiest and simplest way to calculate the amount of added time is by looking at the number on the electronic laser display board and adding that to zero