Added time

purleyroyal

by purleyroyal » 21 Jan 2007 17:18

2 world wars, 1 world cup Working out added time is actually quite simple and I have no idea why fans get so confused about it all.

few peopel seem to know how it's worked out:

Substitution - add 30s

Corner - don't add time

Injury - from the time the whiltle blows to the time play resumes, minus 10s

Handbags - add the time from the alleged incident to resumption of play, minus 30 seconds depending on the half

Ball out for a throw, impeded by slow ballboys - referee's discretion. No more than 10 s allowed.

Goal - max of 20s added

Consultation with linos - 30s per consultation minus any foul decisions

You just add all of them up, multiply it by (1-goals scored), times by 1.2 dependig on the timewasting side, minus about 20s based on who's winning, multiply all of that by zero and finally add a random number from 0 to 5 mins.

Sounds quite complex but once you get the hang of it its extraordinarily easy.

Well, I got it - but then I have an O-level in maths :lol:

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Added time

by RoyalBlue » 21 Jan 2007 17:34

willz_royal Just heard on 5live that johnsons injury added 5 minutes, along with one goal

we had a multiple goals, 2 serious injury stoppages, a full bench clearaout, and multiple goals

who works out this time added on :roll:

as i want my moneys worth :wink:

Halsey clearly bottled it and couldn't wait to get everyone off the pitch. That having been said, I think half the time the ref's get so caught up in the action that they forget to stop their watch until sometime later. Maybe they should make life a bit easier for refs by giving the timekeeping responsibility to another official.

The Surgeon of Crowthorne

by The Surgeon of Crowthorne » 21 Jan 2007 17:39

Er I thought it was the fourth official's job? :?

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 21 Jan 2007 18:22

Yup there should have been at least 6 mins second half injury time.Kevin Friend was 4th official and timekeeper .Perhaps a class action case against Mr Friend could be mounted to recoup 2 mins of paid time by 23956 fans.That would hurt him in the pocket .MUHAHAHA :twisted:

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 21 Jan 2007 18:32

higher Yup there should have been at least 6 mins second half injury time.Kevin Friend was 4th official and timekeeper .Perhaps a class action case against Mr Friend could be mounted to recoup 2 mins of paid time by 23956 fans.That would hurt him in the pocket .MUHAHAHA :twisted:

To be fair, it wasn't like we weren't being entertained when the game was stopped for the fracas...

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 21 Jan 2007 18:39

Arch Four minutes seems to be the default number whether there have been no stoppages or a quarter of an hour. For them to go five is just about unprecedented.

Interesting that Liverpool-Chelsea went only two yesterday. Chelsea obviously didn;t pay the fourth official enough. Either that or Mourinho wanted to get out of there as quick as possible.

When Reading played Chelsea at home, the game had a lot more than 5 minutes added at the end.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 21 Jan 2007 18:39

2 world wars, 1 world cup Working out added time is actually quite simple and I have no idea why fans get so confused about it all.

Substitution - add 30s

Corner - don't add time

Handbags - add the time from the alleged incident to resumption of play, minus 30 seconds depending on the half

Ball out for a throw, impeded by slow ballboys - referee's discretion. No more than 10 s allowed.

Goal - max of 20s added

You just add all of them up, multiply it by (1-goals scored), times by 1.2 dependig on the timewasting side, minus about 20s based on who's winning, multiply all of that by zero and finally add a random number from 0 to 5 mins.

:)
you've made it seem oh so simple.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 21 Jan 2007 18:40

readingbedding
Arch Four minutes seems to be the default number whether there have been no stoppages or a quarter of an hour. For them to go five is just about unprecedented.

Interesting that Liverpool-Chelsea went only two yesterday. Chelsea obviously didn;t pay the fourth official enough. Either that or Mourinho wanted to get out of there as quick as possible.

When Reading played Chelsea at home, the game had a lot more than 5 minutes added at the end.

see, blatant inconsistencies. Two injuries in that, but no much else. There was also 2 bad injurys in this, plus much more, and in my opinion, shouldve doubled the chelsea time added

skipper
Hob Nob Regular

by skipper » 21 Jan 2007 19:27

Row Z Royal Why doesn't the watch/clock get stopped like in rugby?

Becuse by the end of a REAL 90 minuite game the players would be really shagged!

Taking into account every offside, free kick, corner, foul, goal kick, throw in, penlty, goals + celebrations, red and yellow cards, not to mention any fracus's etc it would be a lot more than the supposed 90 we currently play...

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Jan 2007 19:37

skipper

Becuse by the end of a REAL 90 minuite game the players would be really shagged!

Taking into account every offside, free kick, corner, foul, goal kick, throw in, penlty, goals + celebrations, red and yellow cards, not to mention any fracus's etc it would be a lot more than the supposed 90 we currently play...
I'm not bothered about time taken for throw-ins etc. And yes, it didn't matter to us as it was, but there have been times when it could matter. Adding 30 secs for a substitution and adding on the time when there have been long injury stoppages SHOULD be done imho.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 21 Jan 2007 19:41

Royal Lady
skipper

I'm not bothered about time taken for throw-ins etc. And yes, it didn't matter to us as it was, but there have been times when it could matter. Adding 30 secs for a substitution and adding on the time when there have been long injury stoppages SHOULD be done imho.

hear hear RL, long live the queen

edit: or should i say diana :cry: :wink:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Jan 2007 19:42

No-one takes any notice of what I say, I'm not really allowed to post an opinion on The Team - I'll skulk off back to AE I think! :wink:

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 21 Jan 2007 19:48

Royal Lady No-one takes any notice of what I say, I'm not really allowed to post an opinion on The Team - I'll skulk off back to AE I think! :wink:

we are not worthy... :)

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 21 Jan 2007 20:00

Warfield Royal
Victor Meldrew Have written to the powers that be of Premier League...

You should write to The FA.

The FA sanction the league rules and Referees are independent of clubs and leagues.

At least that's how it is for grassroots football.

My ackowledgement came from the Premier League which,I think , supervises the so-called elite referees.
As said earlier once I get the reply it will be posted on here.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Jan 2007 20:17

Royal Lady

Substitution - add 30s

Corner - don't add time

Goal - max of 20s added

yes. So 4 substitutions = 2 mins before you allow for injuries and handbags. :roll:

Maths not your strong point? :wink:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 21 Jan 2007 21:56

I think RL definitely deserves a WHOOSH for that.

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 21 Jan 2007 21:57

Platypuss I think RL definitely deserves a WHOOSH for that.

yes, i noticed, but didnt have the guts, wouldnt have done anything for my nobbing cred :wink:

umm, yer, sorry about that.... :oops:

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 21 Jan 2007 22:05

Royal Lady No-one takes any notice of what I say, I'm not really allowed to post an opinion on The Team - I'll skulk off back to AE I think! :wink:

Put another avitar up and we'll take notice.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 21 Jan 2007 23:54

That way, 90mins would 90mins, give or take finishing a period of live play. When the ball goes dead, the final whistle goes. There would none of this fart-arsing about guessing how long is left.

I think it would mean that a half lasts nearly 120 minutes rather than 90

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Jan 2007 00:00

papereyes

That way, 90mins would 90mins, give or take finishing a period of live play. When the ball goes dead, the final whistle goes. There would none of this fart-arsing about guessing how long is left.

I think it would mean that a half lasts nearly 120 minutes rather than 90

90 minute halves???

I think you mean 45 minutes.