Thats Entertainment.......

biscuitsrus

Thats Entertainment.......

by biscuitsrus » 22 Jan 2007 14:15

From my favourite band "The Jam" to my favourite FT, I certainly feel that Im getting my monies worth on and off the pitch.

Other than on the catering side does anyone disagree?

Fat Leather Jacket

by Fat Leather Jacket » 22 Jan 2007 14:22

If its an entertainment its a Circus.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 22 Jan 2007 14:31

I've spent nearly £1500 on tickets this season. I would say that my entertainment value is pretty low

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 22 Jan 2007 14:35

Huntley & Palmer I've spent nearly £1500 on tickets this season. I would say that my entertainment value is pretty low

Really?

mahoj002

by mahoj002 » 22 Jan 2007 14:35

Huntley & Palmer I've spent nearly £1500 on tickets this season. I would say that my entertainment value is pretty low

Where do you sit in the boxes??? :?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 22 Jan 2007 14:38

Home and away season ticket plus travel expenses.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 22 Jan 2007 14:40

Huntley & Palmer Home and away season ticket plus travel expenses.

You haven't spent nearly £1500 on tickets then have you?

mahoj002

by mahoj002 » 22 Jan 2007 14:41

handbags_harris

oh stop being so picky :twisted:

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 22 Jan 2007 14:43

Circa £1100 if you want to be picky, with seven away games to go plus any further FA Cup games.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 22 Jan 2007 14:44

mahoj002
handbags_harris

I just wanted to beat Spacey to it :wink:

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 22 Jan 2007 15:00

handbags_harris
mahoj002
handbags_harris

I just wanted to beat Spacey to it :wink:

Having spent the same I would pay double for the theatre that we have been treated to.

Seems in respect of other supporters we have had twice the entertainment at half the price. Well not entirely accurate but the way I feel.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Jan 2007 15:02

handbags_harris I just wanted to beat Spacey to it :wink:

I never was in the race.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 22 Jan 2007 15:07

Evidently a man who needs his pound of flesh and a pint of blood to wash it down to make him feel he has "VFM"...

The opening day comeback.
The comeback over Spurs.
The wins over Bolton, Charlton, Man City.
Declaring against West Ham.
Away wins at Sheff U, Fulham, West Ham, leading at Villa.
Leading Man U at home, running them close(ish) in their garden shed...and the Manchester pubs.
Chelsea/Casualty FC at home (no malice intended towards the keepers), then the Boxing Day laugh-in at the Bridge.
Arsenal, yes, even watching them tear us apart at home. Painful, but how football should be played.
Newcastle, the stadium, and the night out before/after the game, even if we should have got at least a point.
Multiple visits to Liverpool and "proper" stadiums, even if the views were like looking through your letterbox at the telly...as well as the pubs.
Warnock v Wally.

The downers for me would be Wigan, Pompey, Watford, Everton (h) and the second half of Blackburn, but they're all part of the rich tapestry that is Premiership football, and you can't have all your cake and eat it...

I'm bloody loving it, me, and with three of us attending every single game, I think it'll be the thick end of £6000 all in by the end of the season - worth almost every penny.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 22 Jan 2007 15:55

3 veesinarow

Evidently a man who needs his pound of flesh and a pint of blood to wash it down to make him feel he has "VFM"...

The comeback over Spurs.
Leading Man U at home, running them close(ish) in their garden shed...and the Manchester pubs.
Chelsea/Casualty FC at home (no malice intended towards the keepers), then the Boxing Day laugh-in at the Bridge.
Arsenal, yes, even watching them tear us apart at home. Painful, but how football should be played.
Newcastle, the stadium, and the night out before/after the game, even if we should have got at least a point.
Multiple visits to Liverpool and "proper" stadiums, even if the views were like looking through your letterbox at the telly...as well as the pubs.
Warnock v Wally.

The downers for me would be Wigan, Pompey, Watford, Everton (h) and the second half of Blackburn, but they're all part of the rich tapestry that is Premiership football, and you can't have all your cake and eat it...

I'm bloody loving it, me, and with three of us attending every single game, I think it'll be the thick end of £6000 all in by the end of the season - worth almost every penny.

Almost?

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Jan 2007 15:58

Well, the Arsenal defeat was definitely not VFM. I thought it was a waste of my money.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Jan 2007 15:58

more to come yet

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 22 Jan 2007 16:04

3 veesinarow

The comeback over Spurs.
Warnock v Wally.

For me post of the day. I didnt have time to recount all those memories so thanks for the summary.

3 veesinarow
Hob Nob Regular

by 3 veesinarow » 22 Jan 2007 16:08

biscuitsrus Almost?

The only money spent so far that didn't see its value was spent on two rooms in the hotel in Liverpool the night before Everton...having had a decent night out around the pubs, we retired to bed around 12.45am, only to be rudely awoken at about 2.30 by a horde of scum from Old Trafford staying the night after their game, drunkenly bellowing out all manner of chants and trying to wreck the rooms immediately below us. They then moved onto a whole repertoire of Norn Iron songs, making us realise they were staying over before flying back to Belfast on Sunday morning. No-one in the hotel seemed to be able to do anything as they rampaged for about 3 hours before all crashing out at 5am-ish.
The only comfort was the sound of yacking into sinks that could be clearly heard coming from below as they awoke around 8, although they did simply carry on where they left off with the chanting, banging and crashing until they finally stumbled out of the hotel around 9am... :roll:

Magicman

by Magicman » 22 Jan 2007 16:11

Can you put a value on happyness. I don't think so, so don't bother trying, its only money and you have to spend it somewhere.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Jan 2007 16:13

3 veesinarow
biscuitsrus Almost?

The only money spent so far that didn't see its value was spent on two rooms in the hotel in Liverpool the night before Everton...having had a decent night out around the pubs, we retired to bed around 12.45am, only to be rudely awoken at about 2.30 by a horde of scum from Old Trafford staying the night after their game, drunkenly bellowing out all manner of chants and trying to wreck the rooms immediately below us. They then moved onto a whole repertoire of Norn Iron songs, making us realise they were staying over before flying back to Belfast on Sunday morning. No-one in the hotel seemed to be able to do anything as they rampaged for about 3 hours before all crashing out at 5am-ish.
The only comfort was the sound of yacking into sinks that could be clearly heard coming from below as they awoke around 8, although they did simply carry on where they left off with the chanting, banging and crashing until they finally stumbled out of the hotel around 9am... :roll:

I hope you complained about them?