Madejski interview in the Mail

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 16 Feb 2007 22:59

Dirk Gently Let no-one forget that he's not donating money to RFC, it's all in the form of loans.

Dirk, go and get a bucket and I'll fetch some tins and some volunteers to rattle them - we're f*cked. We're in worse debt than Jane Griffiths :cry: .
Last edited by floyd__streete on 16 Feb 2007 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

fruits

by fruits » 16 Feb 2007 23:04

Dirk Gently
Nezhen Sorry to put a dampner on this thread everyone, but although I absolutely admire Mr Mad and what he has done for 'little Reading', I know he provides funds to the Tory party and I for one would not want to share a pint with him or even give him the time of day ! :lol:

Agreed! And how much he is doing for "little Reading" and how much for himself is open to question. As well as masses of kudos of publicity such as this (which he obvioulsy loves) he now has a saleable asset which is worth exponentially more than he paid for it.

If he had n´t invested his money we would n´t have a club, it would have gone out of business in 1991. Any money he makes ,is good for him ,he took the risk. Not the tinpot Reading Council who always seem to be keen on keeping Reading, the town that is as Little Reading. Just hope they do not put a spanner in the works with the ground enlargement, quite capable of coming up with some nonsense that more people in the ground could lead to a rise in the number of spectators being hit by footballs.

If Mr Mad is milking our rise for all it is worth, good on him. He has done more for Reading Football Club and the town than anyone in the last 50 years or longer. Perhaps some fans would prefer it , if Mr Mad went and we can go back to the days when the whole team had to be put up for sale to keep the baillifs from the door. Or alternatively ask Peter Ridsdale to take over or Ken Bates,the list of failed chairman of football clubs is quite long.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Feb 2007 23:44

Northern Git
RobRoyal
Nezhen Sorry to put a dampner on this thread everyone, but although I absolutely admire Mr Mad and what he has done for 'little Reading', I know he provides funds to the Tory party and I for one would not want to share a pint with him or even give him the time of day ! :lol:

Agreed! He's done great things for our football club but he's not done it for me so I don't really feel any need to feel grateful to the tory chump!

Ahhh didums! Has the nasty Tory made some money then boys, terrible.

Not handed anything to you? What a pity

Shame there are not to many well healed 'Tony's Cronies' knocking about willing to donate to the cause. Using their dosh to buy a few honours no doubt - much more desirable than a football club.

Alternativley you could get off your arses, earn a few million (must be easy Tory boy did it) and buy the club yourself.

cock

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 17 Feb 2007 08:26

leon
Northern Git
RobRoyal

Agreed! He's done great things for our football club but he's not done it for me so I don't really feel any need to feel grateful to the tory chump!

Shame there are not to many well healed 'Tony's Cronies' knocking about willing to donate to the cause. Using their dosh to buy a few honours no doubt - much more desirable than a football club.

Alternativley you could get off your arses, earn a few million (must be easy Tory boy did it) and buy the club yourself.

cock

Suspect you are :wink:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 18 Feb 2007 00:39

Northern Git
leon
Northern Git
RobRoyal

cock

Are you a benny tied to a tree?

jenster81

by jenster81 » 18 Feb 2007 01:55

i couldn't give a monkeys about his political pursuasion, he's done wonders for the club, loans and all and he's a thoroughly decent, going mad, dirty old man bloke!

and i love him for all of it!

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 18 Feb 2007 11:34

leon
Northern Git
leon
Northern Git
RobRoyal

cock

Are you a benny tied to a tree?

Cock confirmed.

Are you buying or selling BTW?