Did Sir Steve Get It Wrong Tonight?

Jackson Corner
Hob Nob Regular

by Jackson Corner » 27 Feb 2007 23:32

They were for the taking tonight. Marcus, Little and Lita from the start we would not have been 3 down in 5 minutes. And would have gone on to win the game. That was as weak a midfield as I have ever seen from a United side.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 27 Feb 2007 23:33

Don Finch
catzbod seol and hopfully oster.

Amen, can't believe people on here waxing lyrical about Oster - you must be having a laugh, he gave the ball away evrytime he got it. I sometimes wonder if I've been watching the same game as others when I read some reports on here. He was shoite at OT, even worse tonight.

Great comeback, all credit to the players on the park, you always get the feeling we are capapble of doing such a come back. If Boris' shot woul have gone in there woul have been no wrok for me tomorrow as my head would have fallen off. Fair play reading, we made a game of it.

I'm not sure, but didn't Oster set up Gunnar for the crossbar shot ?

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 27 Feb 2007 23:36

Stranded Anyone who thought Oster was shit is blind.

Ok, maybe not shit, but he wasn't great. Without being blind I managed to watch the whole a game and got frustrated with him throughout. Doesn't help that I am biased in hating him.

People who thought Oster was great are blind

- See how easy that was. Let's just say that it wasn't just me who was moaning about him, everyone around me and who I spoke to me thought he was wasteful.

We can't win withough White Pele playing from the start, that's a fact.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Feb 2007 23:37

He got it badly wrong tonight, he said as much himself. Soon as we went 442 we looked our normal selves.

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 27 Feb 2007 23:39

I agree with Stranded when it comes to Bikey, the last hour he was immense, and fair play to him, didn't think he had it in him.

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 27 Feb 2007 23:40

Horsham Royal I'm not sure, but didn't Oster set up Gunnar for the crossbar shot ?

And? Oh, I'm sorry, that means he was 10/10. My bad.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 27 Feb 2007 23:42

Don Finch
Horsham Royal I'm not sure, but didn't Oster set up Gunnar for the crossbar shot ?

Oster did loads - I unfortunately don't have video replay on hand to show you :wink: Check out the thread devoted to him if u want to know what people though of his performance.

Bikey made Rooney look ordinary - Rooney had one of his most anonymous performances of the season - now that is a compliment to us :D

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 27 Feb 2007 23:44

In as much as I took one look at the MAN U starting line-up and felt we had to go for it before Fergie called on his subs, yes, I think Copps was wrong not to start 4-4-2.

And, the irony was that the extra defender only succeeded in producing our worst rearguard performance of the season :?

Bikey grew in stature as the night went on and, as a 22 year old part time defender up against the biggest club in the world, I think he deserves a lot more slack than he's being given here.

Not long ago, I thought we wouldn't spend more than £500k to sign him permanently but I think tonight added a few hundred grand to that figure.

I really hope he's still here next season along with Oster, Gunnarsson and Dela Cruz, who all impressed me greatly tonight.

What made Sidwell any better than Gunnarsson and which one would you choose to score a goal to save your life?...................it would be the ice man for me, no contest!

MAN Utd hanging on for grim death against Reading reserves........................fcuking eat that, Holt, you w@nker :evil:
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 27 Feb 2007 23:54, edited 1 time in total.

wehateoxford

by wehateoxford » 27 Feb 2007 23:49

Stranded Right,

Anyone who thought Oster was shit is blind.

Bikey looked lost when it was 532 as did the rest of the team. Once we changed to 442 he was immense and hardly put a foot wrong. When he won the ball he was always looking for the right pass and found it more often than not. For 80mins he was superb and should be signed now. The bloke is 22 and will only get better.

Compared to Sonko at the same time in his Reading career - Bikey is a million miles better.

Little should have been on earlier.

For me, if Kusczak (sp?) played we'd be sat here now celebrating a win.

completely agree with this. Bikey has got good distribution, made some decent challenges and even pushed play up a couple of times, sure he's not the most disciplined player, but a lot of young players can be like that, look at the cup final this weekend

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 27 Feb 2007 23:50

Archie's penalty Oster did loads

I am extremely blinkered, I don't like the man and don't think he adds anything to the team. Some of his passing was Sunday league at best, he gave the ball away so much it began to give me some sort of aneurysm.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 27 Feb 2007 23:50

Don Finch
Archie's penalty Oster did loads

I am extremely blinkered, I don't like the man and don't think he adds anything to the team. Some of his passing was Sunday league at best, he gave the ball away so much it began to give me some sort of aneurysm.

Oster was very good after the first 20 minutes. Go and add him as your hate player on the appropriate thread.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 27 Feb 2007 23:52

lita was excellent when he came on and scored a well taken goal. At the start the defence were man marking and were all over the place, at times shorey ended up on the other side of the pitch, thought that the timing of the sub of seol was just right as he was SH!T all night, blakey class on the right and made himself a right handful.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 27 Feb 2007 23:54

Not really. Wasn't a game we ever seriously going to win. But we had a fun evening trying.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 27 Feb 2007 23:54

Don Finch

Didn't say he was 10/10 - but for 50 minutes or so, he was just about the only creative player we had on the pitch.
Oh, and I don't like him either - not quite my hate player though.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Feb 2007 23:55

Woodcote Royal In as much as I took one look at the MAN U starting line-up and felt we had to go for it before Fergie called on his subs, yes, I think Copps was wrong not to start 4-4-2.

And, the irony was that the extra defender only succeeded in producing our worst rearguard performance of the season :?

Bikey grew in stature as the night went on and, as a 22 year old part time defender up against the biggest club in the world, I think he deserves a lot more slack than he's being given here.

Not long ago, I thought we wouldn't spend more than £500k to sign him permanently but I think tonight added a few hundred grand to that figure.

I really hope he's still here next season along with Oster, Gunnarsson and Dela Cruz, who all impressed me greatly tonight.

What made Sidwell any better than Gunnarsson and which one would you choose to score a goal to save your life?...................it would be the ice man for me, no contest!

MAN Utd hangimg for grim death against Reading reserves........................fcuking eat that, Holt, you w@nker :evil:

Sidwell and Gunnarsson were equally brilliant, problem is Woodcote if you didn't notice a) he was absolutely fcuked by the end and couldn't play every week, b) he's 31/32.

Agree on Bikey, the lad will be class.

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 27 Feb 2007 23:59

I don't want to have a go - but what creativity did Oster provide exactly?

As far as I could see Shorey and Little provided our creativity. Fcuk it, I don't want to have a go, to be honest I'm proud of our response to losing 3 goals in 10 minutes, that's something to be proud of. West Ham would have been 7 down by half time.

Coppell got it wrong - in response to the thread, and he admits it. Gutted as I am, the cup dream is over, bring on the UEFA fantasy.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 28 Feb 2007 00:04

Alan Partridge
Woodcote Royal In as much as I took one look at the MAN U starting line-up and felt we had to go for it before Fergie called on his subs, yes, I think Copps was wrong not to start 4-4-2.

MAN Utd hangimg for grim death against Reading reserves........................fcuking eat that, Holt, you w@nker :evil:

Sidwell and Gunnarsson were equally brilliant, problem is Woodcote if you didn't notice a) he was absolutely fcuked by the end and couldn't play every week, b) he's 31/32.

Agree on Bikey, the lad will be class.

He was so knackered he hit the cross bar rather than score. Sidwells 'efforts' all game were shocking
He doesnt lose the ball (something Sidwell could learn from) - at this level that is vital - thought he was excellent today.

Horsham Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Horsham Royal » 28 Feb 2007 00:08

Don Finch I don't want to have a go - but what creativity did Oster provide exactly?
Taking on opposition, some decent crosses. Agreed, Little did more once on - that's why I said for 45 mins. Bring on the Arse.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 28 Feb 2007 00:08

Alan Partridge Sidwell and Gunnarsson were equally brilliant, problem is Woodcote if you didn't notice a) he was absolutely fcuked by the end and couldn't play every week, b) he's 31/32.

There were plenty of Man U players who were totally fcuked at the end, too, and many of them were the right side of 30 :?

I'm not suggesting Gunnarsson is a long term solution, just that Sidwell is over-priced, over-rated and replacable at a fraction of the cost he thinks he's worth.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 28 Feb 2007 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

When Hicks went up...

by When Hicks went up... » 28 Feb 2007 00:08

4 pages of posts and no-one has even mentioned that we didn't start 5-3-2...i despair of Reading fans sometimes!

We started 5-4-1. Gunnar started at centre back, and Doyle actually started right wing, with Oster in the Middle with Sidwell.