Leroy's headbutt

266 posts
RG30
Hob Nob Addict

Leroy's headbutt

by RG30 » 10 Apr 2007 01:54

Can't see him escaping from the FA, I'm pretty sure they'll do him on video evidence and if so, you fool Leroy, won't get any sympathy off me.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 10 Apr 2007 01:55

Has he been out drinking in Bristol again? :?

RobRoyale

by RobRoyale » 10 Apr 2007 02:27

He is a knob for doing it.

How can you possibly expect to get away with doing something like that when the match is covered by dozens of cameras and thousands of eye witnesses!?!?!?!

FA are sure to pull him up on it and it really does the club no favours.

Self control leroy...learn some!

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 10 Apr 2007 02:38

There was barely any contact FFS. The poor injured chappie even managed to roll over 4 times will in absolute agony - amazing stuff.

RobRoyale

by RobRoyale » 10 Apr 2007 02:44

There was intent...or at least thats how Charlton will push it.

All the FA will no doubt see is the movment of his head in the direction of the pussy in red.

Intent = Punishment. Doesn't it?

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 10 Apr 2007 02:46

RobRoyale There was intent...or at least thats how Charlton will push it.

All the FA will no doubt see is the movment of his head in the direction of the pussy in red.

Intent = Punishment. Doesn't it?

In most cases. But how many times do you see players square up to each other and push each others foreheads into each other? The FA doesn't punish everyone each and every time they get all girlie with each other.

Hopefully it'll come to nothing, it should do.

RobRoyale

by RobRoyale » 10 Apr 2007 02:50

I guess we'll have to wait and see!!

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 10 Apr 2007 08:44

There were no close-up pictures on Match of the Day, so Lita has a slight chance of getting away with it. But it is the intent that matters, not the contact, and he'll probably get three games. Idiot.

Sidwell was a tosser for chasing after Song yesterday as well - maybe if he had just stayed still on the floor it would have been the red card the flying kick deserved.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 10 Apr 2007 08:48

Handsome Man There were no close-up pictures on Match of the Day, so Lita has a slight chance of getting away with it. But it is the intent that matters, not the contact, and he'll probably get three games. Idiot.

Sidwell was a tosser for chasing after Song yesterday as well - maybe if he had just stayed still on the floor it would have been the red card the flying kick deserved.

Harsh on Sidwell. I thought his reaction was fully justified after a kick like that - Song was lucky not to get a straight red. Don't think the melee would have had any effect.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 10 Apr 2007 08:51

I just think that Poll is deliberately contrary: you have to let him make up his own mind, then he would have felt like a superstar as he brandished the red card. As soon as we made a fuss, I knew it would only be a yellow.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 10 Apr 2007 08:56

Coppelled Streets There was barely any contact FFS. The poor injured chappie even managed to roll over 4 times will in absolute agony - amazing stuff.

Quite, the only one who needs pulling up is the El Karkouri for pathetically rolling around on the ground. Then getting up an moaning like a spoilt child when there was nothing done.

southbank1871
Hob Nob Regular
Location: And yeah I'd love to tell you all my problem, you're not from New York City you're from Rotherham

by southbank1871 » 10 Apr 2007 08:58

Whilst Leroy was silly for even making a movement with his head, if the FA take action against him and not El Karkouri for an embarrassing over reaction, it will show what clowns they really are.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 10 Apr 2007 10:37

PieEater
Coppelled Streets There was barely any contact FFS. The poor injured chappie even managed to roll over 4 times will in absolute agony - amazing stuff.

Quite, the only one who needs pulling up is the El Karkouri for pathetically rolling around on the ground. Then getting up an moaning like a spoilt child when there was nothing done.

That's certainly the way the Sky commentators called it!

Soon after Karkouri started rolling around on the ground again and Poll just gave him a poke with his foot and told him to get up.

Karkouri was up to nasty little tricks i.e. cheating throughout the game. What's more, although Sir Steve will rightly have words with Lita, I suspect Karkouri did/said something to provoke the reaction.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 10 Apr 2007 11:00

I must admit to having my "Arsene Wenger" glasses on and didn't see the incident at the ground. All I say was El K (not Lorraine Kelly) rolling around like he was having a some sort of fit.

Fit over he went off the pitch and sure enough he came back on as if nothing had happened, which is exactly the case.

Got home just a RFC were on MOTD (unexpected) and got to see what happened. Leroy was class again last night, at the moment IMHO he is number one striker.

LEROY=CLASS STRIKER (on current form).

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 10 Apr 2007 11:02

Well given the FA pulled Rooney up for an incident on Tal Ben Haim which was deemed nothing, then I would think they'll have to show consistency and do him on video evidence.

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 10 Apr 2007 11:12

Nothing will happen.

You seem these sorts of things all the time. Every other weekend you see a player go eye ball to eye ball.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Apr 2007 11:25

southbank1871 Whilst Leroy was silly for even making a movement with his head, if the FA take action against him and not El Karkouri for an embarrassing over reaction, it will show what clowns they really are.

Spot on.

El Karkouri stayed down for two reasons, firstly to try and get Lita sent off and secondly to try and get the game stopped as we were attacking.

If the FA are serious about stamping out cheating then this is the sort of thing they need to address. The only problem is that I'm not sure they have the power to use video evidence for these instances yet.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 10 Apr 2007 11:31

Right or wrong, cheat or no cheat, Lita should NOT be dong anythign of the sort.

It is unacceptable at this level. I know it's difficult, and I'd be the first to lose my rag in a footy match, but we can't condone what Lita did (I didn't see it - I'm gong by reports that it was a headbutt attempt), even if the opposition player did make the most of it and cheat.

Coppell has done an excellent job in taming our players and making them act like professionals. Hopefully he'll be able to work more on Lita. He's an awesome player and it'd be great to stamp this out of his game.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 10 Apr 2007 11:53

biscuitsrus I must admit to having my "Arsene Wenger" glasses on and didn't see the incident at the ground. All I say was El K (not Lorraine Kelly) rolling around like he was having a some sort of fit.

Fit over he went off the pitch and sure enough he came back on as if nothing had happened, which is exactly the case.

Got home just a RFC were on MOTD (unexpected) and got to see what happened. Leroy was class again last night, at the moment IMHO he is number one striker.

LEROY=CLASS STRIKER (on current form).

Like to see your opinion on a striker out of form then seeing as Leroy hasn't scored in 7 games :roll:

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 10 Apr 2007 11:57

Coppell's Right Footed 11 Like to see your opinion on a striker out of form then seeing as Leroy hasn't scored in 7 games :roll:

It is actually only 5 games in all competitions. His current scoring record is still better than either Doyle's or Kitson's (as is Shane Long's)

266 posts