James Henry

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Thames

James Henry

by Thames » 27 Jul 2007 14:11

In response to the reaction to the Didcot Friendly, alot of people seem dissapointed with the downfall of youngster James Henry.

As I previously stated, the boy looked very promising when he first burst onto the scene, scored on his reserve debut I believe when he was 16, but everytime I saw him last year and at Didcot last Monday he just seems so arrogant and half arsed, I'd like to know what everyone thinks because he no doubt has the talent but he just seemingly cant be bothered.

I have also seen him smoking on a night out before - Not the behaviour of someone with the opportunity of a lifetime ahead of him.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 27 Jul 2007 14:20

Having watched him in the reserves i think he looks like he has talent but as you say he seems to think he is too good to be playing at that level,
Another billy big bollox that could do with a season in league 1

The Colonel

Re: James Henry

by The Colonel » 27 Jul 2007 14:24

SpaceCruiser
Thames I have also seen him smoking on a night out before - Not the behaviour of someone with the opportunity of a lifetime ahead of him.

Shock! Horror! A player smokes!!! Stop the press!!!!

F*ck's sake.

Johann Cryuff was a chain-smoker and he still was an excellent footballer.

Was it Zico or Socrates that smoked 60-a-day as well? I forget.

I know what you mean though. Smoking is not really acceptable for a player in the modern game. If he wants to spend all his time hanging around in nightclubs smoking then why doesn't he go to university instead?

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 27 Jul 2007 14:25

Perhaps next time you see him smoke, you should boo him loudly. He'll know what to do.

Actually, it's about time we had some cool players in the squad.. give him a starting place I say...

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 27 Jul 2007 14:37

Sounds like the perfect deputy for Seol in the eyes of some.....

How you can judge a player 'thinks he's too good' for a team just by watching a few games I have no idea.

He says the right things in interviews....

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 27 Jul 2007 14:38

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/7-7-2006-101549.asp

has an interesting smokers dream team on it
which misses out maradona, vialli and cruyff, plus zidane who is mentioned but not in the team.

looking at the players on the list i think the evidence is pretty clear, smoking makes you a better player
-as the list contains probably 4 of the 5 best ever footballers
only pele is missing, and he was probably just better at keeping it quiet

i expect packs of B&H to be in place next to the water bottles at pitch side next season
Last edited by brendywendy on 27 Jul 2007 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 27 Jul 2007 14:40

Thames In response to the reaction to the Didcot Friendly, alot of people seem dissapointed with the downfall of youngster James Henry.

As I previously stated, the boy looked very promising when he first burst onto the scene, scored on his reserve debut I believe when he was 16, but everytime I saw him last year and at Didcot last Monday he just seems so arrogant and half arsed, I'd like to know what everyone thinks because he no doubt has the talent but he just seemingly cant be bothered.

I have also seen him smoking on a night out before - Not the behaviour of someone with the opportunity of a lifetime ahead of him.

I seem to remember a certain James Lambert--whatever happened to him?

Royal Bison

by Royal Bison » 27 Jul 2007 14:46

Set up a partnership with Martin Butler didn't he?!

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 27 Jul 2007 14:47

Tilehurst Mike
Thames In response to the reaction to the Didcot Friendly, alot of people seem dissapointed with the downfall of youngster James Henry.

I seem to remember a certain James Lambert--whatever happened to him?
I think James Lambert and Martin Butler started their own brand of cigarettes. I've seen them on sale in petrol stations.

Edit: Pants beaten to it :shock:

Tilehurst Mike

by Tilehurst Mike » 27 Jul 2007 14:49

Royal Bison Set up a partnership with Martin Butler didn't he?!

Although this is such an old one, it did give me a smile on a boring Friday afternoon!

The Colonel

by The Colonel » 27 Jul 2007 15:04

Yorkshire Royal Perhaps next time you see him smoke, you should boo him loudly. He'll know what to do.

Actually, it's about time we had some cool players in the squad.. give him a starting place I say...

Smoking is not cool kids.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 27 Jul 2007 15:05

SpaceCruiser
Thames I have also seen him smoking on a night out before - Not the behaviour of someone with the opportunity of a lifetime ahead of him.

Shock! Horror! A player smokes!!! Stop the press!!!!

F*ck's sake.

Johann Cryuff was a chain-smoker and he still was an excellent footballer.

Yes SpaceCocker but Cryuff didn't exactly play in the modern era where diet and fitness are a major priority.

Lets face it, at the age James Henry is he can't be that dedicated to make it if he smokes.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 27 Jul 2007 16:08

SpaceCruiser Oh, I hope you don't mind if I call you SPASTIC FACE?
Hobnob does though.

Consider yourself on remand awaiting sentencing.

13 posts   •   Page 1 of 1