Sidwell

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 20 Aug 2007 16:58

Behindu After 3 tough games I've not seen a single comment on HNA that we had missed him

Woodcote Royal after the Chelsea match Before the interval we looked like world beaters but it all went downhill when he failed to appear for the second half.

Kes

by Kes » 20 Aug 2007 18:14

I think we just need to move on. Sidwell has been a great player for reading and a major part in the success over the past few seasons.

He's moved on to bigger and better things with Chelsea. That is all.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 20 Aug 2007 18:32

Kes

Love your sense of humour !

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 20 Aug 2007 19:07

Of course we'll miss him, he was one of the best midfielders the club has ever had.
But life goes on and we were fine without him last season when he didn't play and we're fine without him at this precise moment.

Kes

by Kes » 20 Aug 2007 19:58

Behindu
Kes

:roll:

Its a fact.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 20 Aug 2007 20:02

Kes
Behindu
Kes

Its a fact.

It's an opinion, and I don't think playing for the reserves of any Premiership team is bigger or better than actually making the first team.

He has th epotential to go on to bigger and better things but hasn;t done it yet (or started especially well !)

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 20 Aug 2007 20:15

Half agree with Behindu and half agree with Kes.

The move to Chelsea was a poor choice IMO. He'll play a bit part for a few years before getting bored and signing for Aston Villa or Newcastle or someone similar.

He'd have been better off signing for one of the above mentioned clubs and playing week in week out, but of course they would have been offering less in wages I'm sure.

His career may as well be on hold.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 20 Aug 2007 20:16

Behindu It's an opinion, and I don't think playing for the reserves of any Premiership team is bigger or better than actually making the first team.

He has th epotential to go on to bigger and better things but hasn;t done it yet (or started especially well !)

He's played in 3 of their first 4 games of the season - hardly the "reserves", is it? I'm still not convinced that Sidwell's removal at the Mad Stad was evidence of a particularly poor game against us (he didn't stand out as being worse than several of their players that half), so much as a tactical change to enable Fat Frank to get forward (and score). He's also come close to scoring in a couple of games - a foot to the right on both shots, and you certainly couldn't say he's started badly. What I don't understand about Wednesday is why Mourinho started with Sidwell playing further up the field than Lampard.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 20 Aug 2007 20:18

He's no longer a Reading player. He's no longer significant. Move on.

Kes

by Kes » 20 Aug 2007 20:21

Behindu
Kes
Behindu
Kes

Its a fact.

It's an opinion, and I don't think playing for the reserves of any Premiership team is bigger or better than actually making the first team.

3 games in....... :lol:

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 20 Aug 2007 20:21

Some
people
can't
let
it
go...

This
subject
will
be
brought
up
more
than
once
each
and
every
month.

sawyers left arm

by sawyers left arm » 20 Aug 2007 20:40

Missed, you must be joking. As he showed in the Chelsea game all Sidwell is good for is fouling people and the game generally passes him by, as that one did. The move to Chelsea was unbelievable to me and I will be proved right. He is never at that level in a million years.
At least he will feel at home back at Brentford in the reserves.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 20 Aug 2007 20:43

sawyers left arm Missed, you must be joking. As he showed in the Chelsea game all Sidwell is good for is fouling people and the game generally passes him by, as that one did. The move to Chelsea was unbelievable to me and I will be proved right. He is never at that level in a million years.

oooo bitter.

Whatever, he's still one of the best midfielders that this club has ever had.
He's gone, who cares what happens to him now.

working class hero

by working class hero » 20 Aug 2007 21:10

Mr Angry I thought the player we REALLY missed against Chelsea was Robin Friday......imagine what HE would have done against that dodgy Chelsea defence!!

:wink:

I would have liked to have seen Curo in that game..... :wink:

Kes

by Kes » 20 Aug 2007 21:11

[quote="sawyers left arm"]The move to Chelsea was unbelievable to me and I will be proved right. He is never at that level in a million years.
quote]

Only time will tell, but people wrote off Drogba in his first season, give Sidwell a bit of time to adjust to his new team mates and the way Chelsea play.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 20 Aug 2007 21:13

readingbedding Some
people
can't
let
it
go...

This
subject
will
be
brought
up
more
than
once
each
and
every
month.

No doubt it will, it's of a fair bit of interest really, being one of the more high profile moves made by a Reading player . People still comment on a lot of ex Royals, no reason not to keep an eye on Siddy.

Cruyff

by Cruyff » 20 Aug 2007 21:20

sawyers left arm Missed, you must be joking. As he showed in the Chelsea game all Sidwell is good for is fouling people and the game generally passes him by, as that one did. The move to Chelsea was unbelievable to me and I will be proved right. He is never at that level in a million years.

Well said that man, at last someone talking sense.
The basic fact is Sidwell is crap. When you look at Chelsea's midfield - Lampost, Ukelele, Essien they are on a different planet.
For all you Sidwell lovers ask yourself where did he finish in the player of the season polls the last 2 years ? I also believe he didn't appear in the top 100 of the actim index whereas we a had a significant number in the top 20. Nuff said !

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 20 Aug 2007 21:23

Sid needs to get his head down in the reserves and get himself a few booking for arguing with the ref and he'll be back in the team, maybe he should put some weight on too and start getting some deflections. :lol:

It just testament to Coppell how well we've copped without him really. When they you show faith in players you trust they repay it. He makes football management look easy!!

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 20 Aug 2007 21:24

Sidwell was never 'crap'.
He was a key part of our side.
He was hugely over rated by the media and I think has a real challenge to make the grade at a bigger club, but he's the sort who will take that challenge on. If he doesn;t make it it won;t be for lack of trying.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 20 Aug 2007 21:27

John obi mikel looked far better than sidwell when he came on.
African cup of nations is the only reason sidwell is at chelsea