Are Reading really this bad?

221 posts
cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 01 Sep 2007 18:04

Gordons Cumming Now they're having a go at Doyle!!!!!!

FFS

:roll:

What a bunch of t*ts!!

Yet another great contribution.

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 01 Sep 2007 18:06

FFS

What a bunch of t*ts!!

seconded

p.s. not found the off switch yet ;)

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 01 Sep 2007 18:07

FFS

What a bunch of t*ts!!

All bow to the messiah!

I have been to all games this season - and its just not happening for him. Seems short of pace - hold up play has been missing and is just not sharp. Just an observation.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 01 Sep 2007 18:08

Archies Volley

FFS

What a bunch of t*ts!!

seconded

p.s. not found the off switch yet ;)

I lied.

Royal Yank
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: A dry county in North Carolina... but close to the county line. WooHoo!

by Royal Yank » 01 Sep 2007 18:09

Doyle should not be above criticism. Likewise Shorey, both were not at the races today.

Hoping it is just a confidence thing.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 01 Sep 2007 18:09

paultheroyal
Schards#2 We don't have any players with any flair with Little injured and Seol gone. Today we effectively played with four central midfielders. As a result, the delivery from the flanks was shocking.

What is also shocking is the reaction of some fans. After two years of literally unprecedented success, I think the club, the management and the players deserve a bit of slack when we're on a bad run.

The two morons leaving Y23 screaming at Shorey to f**k off win today's prize as most fickle fans. Tossers.

Again - another good post. I will love this season - for the fact that every game is a must win - more than any.

Are you a massacist?

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 01 Sep 2007 18:09

FFS

What a bunch of t*ts!!

Not having a go at all.
Just making an observation. Based on the last few matches.
And I am not more than one person.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 01 Sep 2007 18:13

cmonurz Last season some of the media suggested that we had 'over-performed' last season and I agreed. This was generally shot down though on here.

What we are seeing are players of borderline premiership quality (with the exception only of Doyle and Shorey imho) falling back from the high standards that were set last season, and as a result we are struggling.

We do not have, and have never had, the 8th, or even 12th or 13th best squad in the Premiership and this season was always going to be an immense struggle unless we invested in quality players, and to do so we had to be prepared to pay quality wages.

We lost Sidwell to our wage policy, and have been unable to sign players to improve the squad.

Result = 18th place and looking like relegation candidates.

Shorey and Doyle were way off of the pace today. I think we do have players that are premiership standard in Lita, Hunt, Sonko and Marcus to name a few, but the majorty of the squad. I have to question Murts today though.

Our squad is better than quite a few in this league.

We will be fine this season, today nothing went right.

We didnt have any luck, the ref seemed very biased towards the 'big' names, we didnt take the chances we did have, and how the keeper wasnt given a second yellow or straight red is a f*cking joke.

Bad day at the office. We dont become a bad team overnight though.

davis69

by davis69 » 01 Sep 2007 18:14

poor performence its going to be a tough season

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 01 Sep 2007 18:15

Basingstoke Royal Shorey and Doyle were way off of the pace today.

I think you can add Hunt, and Lita too.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 01 Sep 2007 18:16

Doyle has not looked like scoring since he missed the penalty against River Plate at all. Not just he fault, it's down to the midfield to actually create chance for him. Certainly needs to up his game though.

I think he could be feeling the pressure a bit. First seasons he's ever played with expectations of him (although Reading fans knew he'd do well last season no one else knew him) and he's got the pressure of having a big contract for the first time too.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 01 Sep 2007 18:16

ok we havn't been great lately but it was bound to be a hard season. West Ham definately deserved the win today. let's just look to get something from the sunderland game now.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 01 Sep 2007 18:16

Think a mistake from Coppell had been not playing Bikey after his exceptional performance against Everton. Dont think we'd have conceeded 6 goals in two games with him in instead of Duberry imo.

PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL

by PREMIERSHIP_ROYAL » 01 Sep 2007 18:17

Norfolk Royal Look on the bright side though. At least we haven't got anyone on high wages for when we are playing in the championship next season.

bet your one of the fair weather fans that left early just becuase we we're playing poorly :roll:
yeh we were shit today and last week and even against swansea but that doesnt mean we have no ambition and that we're going down

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 Sep 2007 18:18

URZZZZZZZZ Think a mistake from Coppell had been not playing Bikey after his exceptional performance against Everton. Dont think we'd have conceeded 6 goals in two games with him in instead of Duberry imo.

3 of those 6 goals conceded of course came when Bikey played at Bolton

:lol:

Archies Volley

by Archies Volley » 01 Sep 2007 18:19

URZZZZZZZZ Think a mistake from Coppell had been not playing Bikey after his exceptional performance against Everton. Dont think we'd have conceeded 6 goals in two games with him in instead of Duberry imo.

wasnt in the country but didny bikey play at bolton?

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 01 Sep 2007 18:22

PieEater
Basingstoke Royal Shorey and Doyle were way off of the pace today.

I think you can add Hunt, and Lita too.

Stick Harper in there too.
Missing the ball when it lands at his feet whilst in the D isn't good enough.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 01 Sep 2007 18:22

agreed

can't believe how negative some reading fans are. we have had a hard start to the season and have picked up some unexpected points on the way so it can't all be bad.

Royal Rebel

by Royal Rebel » 01 Sep 2007 18:22

paultheroyal
Mr Hoppy I don't think there is any need to panic. A good indication of where we are will be after the Derby game.

Sunderland A
Wigan H
Portsmouth A
Derby H

Beating Wigan and Derby at home is a must. Points off Sunderland will also be important and anything of Portsmouth is a bonus.

11 points off 9 games and everything will seem a little rosier.

Also agree that Kitson has to start next game - possibly Convey as well.

Disagree that we only have two premiership quality players.

Good post.

I will say this - and its been on my mind for ages. Doyle is an excellent Coca Cola Championship striker.

Whilst I agree with this post in general,it kind of suggests that the best we can hope for this season is a relegation dogfight and on todays evidence I think I'd have to take that.My probem, I think, is that last season we were sooo much better than that.....and it worries me .

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 01 Sep 2007 18:23

We certainly are not down after five games. We do need to beat the likes of Derby at home. After that game I think we will have played 9 games and the league table will start taking shape. There may be a confidence thing at the club at the moment but I dont think we can laud the players for their achievements over the whole of last season and tear into them after two poor league results this time around.

221 posts