by shadesrwrf » 20 Oct 2007 16:28

Jose Mourinho.

Doyler

by Doyler » 20 Oct 2007 16:35

Elano and Micah Richards

Gregster

by Gregster » 20 Oct 2007 16:53

Daniella
Winchester Royal I want somewhere decent to drink on a matchday, some lenient stewards, to get rid of the jobsworth safety offficers, and replace them with people who will listen to the fans, some atmosphere, some ambition that is within the club's means, a little respect towards us, get rid of music after goals, maybe a singing section, decent transport links, a kit that has hoops, a defence that can keep the ball out of the net, an attack that can score goals, less prawn sandwich munchers, a larger travelling support, maybe some free travel at some point as a goodwill gesture towards the fans, a better relationship between club and fans, 22,000 seats full of Reading fans, a no tolerance policy with away fans in the home sections, some recognition from the players at the end of the games,

Maybe some other stuff as well, but that should keep their hands full for the time being...

Spot on- Great post.

Can I add: evidence of investment in the club on the back of increased ST prices and increased SKY revenue or put another way, entertainment / enjoyment equalling that of my expenditure to support the club.

All the rules taking the fun out of a football day out means the action on the pitch has to be better but sadly, it seems to be the case that I should be happy to support the club when my hard earned builds a new shiny hotel.

Further, I'd like to see my complaints about how stale and boring a day out at football has become addressed as I know they're felt in a large proportion of supports. Instead, these prompt the new fan / family sect to tell me that if I don't like the modern football 'atmosphere' my years of support should walk away to make way for their 12 month 'fad' support complete with goal music, nazi stewards, complaints about swearing and the 'for every fan we lose we gain a family' mindset.

I loved the original post above although I fear we can expect exactly the opposite in the coming years.

Who do I want? For the team I have no idea, I could cite any number of players but with the current state of the team performance and watching lifeless performances, the question should be who wants to come to Reading?

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 20 Oct 2007 17:17

BonBoh Both Glen Little and Bobby Convey to be fit again.
Jason Koumas.
Perhaps Nicholas Anelka, or someone like him who can score from a single chance in a game or create something out of nothing on a regular basis.

There is not a cat in hells chance of Anelka coming to Reading..we could not afford his wages...and he is not exactly loyal is he

Doyler

by Doyler » 20 Oct 2007 17:20

PEARCEY
Jason Koumas.
Perhaps Nicholas Anelka, or someone like him who can score from a single chance in a game or create something out of nothing on a regular basis.

There is not a cat in hells chance of Anelka coming to Reading..we could not afford his wages...and he is not exactly loyal is he
Matt Derbyshire would be a great signing. He's not getting into the blackburn team but seems to score every time he comes on as a sub.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 20 Oct 2007 17:22

Doyler
PEARCEY
Jason Koumas.

Matt Derbyshire would be a great signing. He's not getting into the blackburn team but seems to score every time he comes on as a sub.

Agree with you Doyler. Fair play to Mark Hughes as well because he hardly spent a bean in the summer and Blackburn are flying.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 20 Oct 2007 17:29

John Terry would be nice

mattmartin89

by mattmartin89 » 20 Oct 2007 18:40

Michael Kightly

Akos Buzsaky

David Nugent?

Hayden Mullins

Thomas Sorensen

All names branded about but can we attract these players over other premiership counterparts

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 20 Oct 2007 19:49

mattmartin89 Michael Kightly

Akos Buzsaky

David Nugent?

Hayden Mullins

Thomas Sorensen

All names branded about but can we attract these players over other premiership counterparts

Probably not. Koumas chose Wigan over us, enough said. We'll probably get Mullins, but only as it's part of a swap deal.

Nugent is a possibility as he's bound to be pissed off. Problem is Pompey will want him when the African nations kicks in.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 20 Oct 2007 22:31

Gregster
Daniella
Winchester Royal I want somewhere decent to drink on a matchday, some lenient stewards, to get rid of the jobsworth safety offficers, and replace them with people who will listen to the fans, some atmosphere, some ambition that is within the club's means, a little respect towards us, get rid of music after goals, maybe a singing section, decent transport links, a kit that has hoops, a defence that can keep the ball out of the net, an attack that can score goals, less prawn sandwich munchers, a larger travelling support, maybe some free travel at some point as a goodwill gesture towards the fans, a better relationship between club and fans, 22,000 seats full of Reading fans, a no tolerance policy with away fans in the home sections, some recognition from the players at the end of the games,

Maybe some other stuff as well, but that should keep their hands full for the time being...

Spot on- Great post.

Can I add: evidence of investment in the club on the back of increased ST prices and increased SKY revenue or put another way, entertainment / enjoyment equalling that of my expenditure to support the club.

All the rules taking the fun out of a football day out means the action on the pitch has to be better but sadly, it seems to be the case that I should be happy to support the club when my hard earned builds a new shiny hotel.

Further, I'd like to see my complaints about how stale and boring a day out at football has become addressed as I know they're felt in a large proportion of supports. Instead, these prompt the new fan / family sect to tell me that if I don't like the modern football 'atmosphere' my years of support should walk away to make way for their 12 month 'fad' support complete with goal music, nazi stewards, complaints about swearing and the 'for every fan we lose we gain a family' mindset.

I loved the original post above although I fear we can expect exactly the opposite in the coming years.

Who do I want? For the team I have no idea, I could cite any number of players but with the current state of the team performance and watching lifeless performances, the question should be who wants to come to Reading?

listen I'd love to go back to Elm Park, rose and thistle for a few pints before the game, living the life of a bachelor and not feeling so f*cking tired all the time - but you what things move on

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Binfield Royal » 21 Oct 2007 00:33

For the Club to remove the wage cap so that the current players will stop whinging and give the performances we know they are capable of and so that we can attract better players that the ones we have now.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 21 Oct 2007 00:39

about 10 new players at the minute!!! I don't know who i'd sign tbh, i don't know the foreign market well enough, we're going to struggle to attract a lot of the players mentioned. Think Nugent could be a player we look at though. Maybe Dan Shittu from Watford? I dunno. There's not anyone that really stands out as a player who we could realistically sign and make a big impact.

mzungu_royal

by mzungu_royal » 21 Oct 2007 11:22

Gera, Nugent, Buzsaky, a decent keeper, some decent performances from Sonks and all at the back. A midfield like last season. Bring back Sidders if necessary. Get Fae playing more often, he looks such a good player, that its like dreaming. Get an away win and don't let so many goals in. Oh yh and a win against Arsenal as i'm watching that as i return from study exile.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 21 Oct 2007 14:02

londinium
leon

there isn't music after goals...? prawn sandwich munchers??? i think you're confusing us with another club

next you'll be having a go at Kingsley - get a grip man.

Was I hearing things when Doyle scored against Derby then. Tom Hark was definately ringing in my ears.

And didn't it sound good! I think all you really want is something to mone about.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 22 Oct 2007 13:38

I want world peace, an end to poverty and people just to get on with each other nicely.

Jimbo

by Jimbo » 22 Oct 2007 14:11

Barry the bird boggler I want world peace, an end to poverty and people just to get on with each other nicely.

And a right winger.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Oct 2007 14:12

Can I just delete all these shoite threads on sight from now on?

Stooper
Hob Nob Regular

by Stooper » 22 Oct 2007 14:15

Platypuss Can I just delete all these shoite threads on sight from now on?

We might just as well delete the board!

Don Finch

by Don Finch » 22 Oct 2007 16:35

Can we get Stephen Appiah, Wilhelmsson, Nugent and Lescott please. Thanks Santa.

Also, could you lower the price of beer @ The Madjeski so that it is more in line with how it tastes, ie. around the £1-1.50 mark thank you please. While you're at it, build a decent pub near the stadium too.

Also, let us sign Jaaskalieiienenn while your at it, or that Niemi character.