Last Chance For Lita?

366 posts
SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 12 Dec 2007 10:38

Hmmmmm, 5 goals under his belt? How can he get any kind of form when he's only been involved in 9 games this season, 6 of them starts and two of those starts have been in the cup. The reason for this is because of the form of Dave Kitson and Kevin Doyle.....

1871royals

by 1871royals » 12 Dec 2007 10:42

He has started 4 games this season I hardly classify 0 goals in this period as a barren spell he needs to be given more of a chance. Doyle didn’t score until the Derby game which was a 6 game barren spell (I think) and no one was taking about shipping him out. People criticised Leroy in the WH game but imo he looked like the only player capable of making an impact. He is in bad form but talk of shipping him out is very premature because:

a)Who is viable that we can afford / wants to come here can we replace him with?
b)Will this player be an improvement on the squad?

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Dec 2007 10:43

1871royals He has started 4 games this season I hardly classify 0 goals in this period as a barren spell he needs to be given more of a chance. Doyle didn’t score until the Derby game which was a 6 game barren spell (I think) and no one was taking about shipping him out. People criticised Leroy in the WH game but imo he looked like the only player capable of making an impact. He is in bad form but talk of shipping him out is very premature because:

a)Who is viable that we can afford / wants to come here can we replace him with?
b)Will this player be an improvement on the squad?

We can easily replace that jumped up prat. :wink:

1871royals

by 1871royals » 12 Dec 2007 10:46

JT is the England captain and he has been know to get into fights/ arrested etc. But he still managed to become the Eng captain. The club has given no indication that he is damaging team spirit. Coppell has said he just thinks SL is a better option of the bench. He has been at the club 2 year + now and in that time he seems to be helping the team spirit as much as any other player. “Do it for Leroyâ€

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 12 Dec 2007 10:47

SpaceCruiser Hmmmmm, 5 goals under his belt? How can he get any kind of form when he's only been involved in 9 games this season, 6 of them starts and two of those starts have been in the cup. The reason for this is because of the form of Dave Kitson and Kevin Doyle.....

No, the reason for it is that he hasn't been scoring and Kitson, who had a three game suspension at the start of the season, has.

It would be easier if people would stop making excuses for his bad form.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 12 Dec 2007 10:52

1871royals JT is the England captain and he has been know to get into fights/ arrested etc. But he still managed to become the Eng captain. The club has given no indication that he is damaging team spirit.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... 571866.ece

Oh dear...

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Dec 2007 10:57

If we keep Lita and he has been behaving as claimed then it is reminiscent of the type of annoying moral choices that used to go on at local football level.

...stay with me...........

What really annoyed me when we played local football was when these so called "best" players would get a way with missing training during the week, never help with putting nets up and taking them down, but were always on the team sheet every week. Just because they were good footballers.
Life is more than that in my book.................... fairness for one..

......am i making any sense?

Get Lita out and let him not score for someone else..........

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Dec 2007 10:59

papereyes
SpaceCruiser Hmmmmm, 5 goals under his belt? How can he get any kind of form when he's only been involved in 9 games this season, 6 of them starts and two of those starts have been in the cup. The reason for this is because of the form of Dave Kitson and Kevin Doyle.....

No, the reason for it is that he hasn't been scoring and Kitson, who had a three game suspension at the start of the season, has.

It would be easier if people would stop making excuses for his bad form.

Quite. The bloke has clearly not done it in the first team this season and fallen down the pecking order. Yes he got on for two minutes on Saturday ahead of Long doesn't put him back in front of him (if he is on the bench on Sat when we will have just one striker then maybe).

It's simple, if he's playing and scoring then these stories wouldn't even cause a ripple. As he's not even in the team it is a perfectly natural response to question whether the incidients and perceived attitude (regardless of how you personally see them) may have something to do with this fact.

Old Biscuitman

by Old Biscuitman » 12 Dec 2007 11:00

Gordons Cumming If we keep Lita and he has been behaving as claimed then it is reminiscent of the type of annoying moral choices that used to go on at local football level.

...stay with me...........

What really annoyed me when we played local football was when these so called "best" players would get a way with missing training during the week, never help with putting nets up and taking them down, but were always on the team sheet every week. Just because they were good footballers.
Life is more than that in my book.................... fairness for one..

......am i making any sense?

I am undecided about Lita, but yes, you make sense.

Get Lita out and let him not score for someone else..........

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 12 Dec 2007 11:02

JT pissed all over a nightclub floor. On hearing this, Chelsea sold him.

Although of course they didn't....

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Dec 2007 11:32

SpaceCruiser
Royal Rother
SpaceCruiser You talk bollocks yet again.

At the risk of highlighting your stunning lack of intelligence once again, (honestly, I really really get no pleasure from it) could I ask you to be a little more constructive and enlighten us as to what you specifically disagree with in my last post.

You're just a oxf*rd arrogant oxf*rd who thinks his word is important. I can't believe you brought up Lita's celebrations. They are just that, celebrations. Trying to read the attitude in a celebration is frankly pathetic. Also, considering that he received a few text messages from some morons slating him for missing a penalty, I'd think he was pretty much entitled to celebrate a bit. You really need to grow up.

You didn't let me down. Cheers chap!

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 12 Dec 2007 11:41

What I really like most about HNA is the stunningly obvious love that exudes between RR and Spacey.

It really warms my heart.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Dec 2007 11:42

Yorkshire Royal JT pissed all over a nightclub floor. On hearing this, Chelsea sold him.

You are of course correct. The big difference between Terry and Lita is that at that time Terry was playing and playing well.

As I have said, it is the fact that these incidents continue to occur whilst Lita's performances at the club have slumped again, to a position where he is currently 4th choice striker here.

If he were bang in form and scoring then nobody would give a rats ar$e, he's not so it's no surprise that people are looking at these stories and drawing the conclusion (rightly or wrongly) that his performance of the field is affecting his ability to work effectively within the club.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Dec 2007 11:53

Stranded
Yorkshire Royal JT pissed all over a nightclub floor. On hearing this, Chelsea sold him.

You are of course correct. The big difference between Terry and Lita is that at that time Terry was playing and playing well.

As I have said, it is the fact that these incidents continue to occur whilst Lita's performances at the club have slumped again, to a position where he is currently 4th choice striker here.

If he were bang in form and scoring then nobody would give a rats ar$e, he's not so it's no surprise that people are looking at these stories and drawing the conclusion (rightly or wrongly) that his performance of the field is affecting his ability to work effectively within the club.

not sure how he is supposed to regain form, if he cant get on the pitch, he aint gonna score now is he

he did score in the reserves recently so should be pushing long for the subs bench

working class hero

by working class hero » 12 Dec 2007 11:54

If he were bang in form and scoring then nobody would give a rats ar$e

Actually I would care. I want to see the 'RFC way' perpetuated even in the Prem. If that means players like Lita being castigated so be it. Just imagine how much trouble oiks like him would get into if he earned a top wage and not just an RFC wage...

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 12 Dec 2007 11:55

brendywendy
Stranded

not sure how he is supposed to regain form, if he cant get on the pitch, he aint gonna score now is he

he did score in the reserves recently so should be pushing long for the subs bench

Cup games (where he did score against Swansea)
Injuries (both Kitson and Doyle missed large chunks of last season through injury, Doyle has been injured(?) this.)
Suspensions (Kitson had a three game suspension at the start of this)
10-15 minute sub appearances (Long has scored twice from such opportunities)

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 12 Dec 2007 11:58

brendywendy
Stranded

By doing enough in training/reserves to warrant a place on the bench/side would be a start. Yes he recently scored in the reserves, but Long scored last night in the reserves and is in possession of the shirt.

It is up to Lita to get past Long in the pecking order when only 1 striker is picked on the bench ( a brief subs appearance on Saturday in a game we'd already won is no evidence that he has).

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 12 Dec 2007 11:59

Erm, you realise that one of Long's goals was a freak accident that came off his back? Take that one away and Long's basically the same as Lita, one goal.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 12 Dec 2007 12:00

Stranded
brendywendy
Stranded

By doing enough in training/reserves to warrant a place on the bench/side would be a start. Yes he recently scored in the reserves, but Long scored last night in the reserves and is in possession of the shirt.

It is up to Lita to get past Long in the pecking order when only 1 striker is picked on the bench ( a brief subs appearance on Saturday in a game we'd already won is no evidence that he has).

actually it is some eveidence

otherwise long would have come on

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 12 Dec 2007 12:07

A fair and interesting debate on HNA - makes a change! Well done chaps!

366 posts