Kitson don't give a toss about FA Cup

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

Kitson don't give a toss about FA Cup

by Gunny Fishcake » 02 Jan 2008 19:22

Taken from BBC ......

"Reading striker Dave Kitson said he is not interested whether his team make any progress in the FA Cup.
The Royals play Tottenham in the third round having lost 6-4 to the same team last Saturday.

"We are not going to win the FA Cup and I do not care less about it, to be honest," said the 27-year-old.

"I care about staying in the Premier League, as does everybody at this club. Our league status is not protected by winning the FA Cup - simple as that."

..........................................................................................................

I really dissapointed Kitson has said this ,if he has . What's the bloody point if our own players don't believe we can win it . Of course it's a dream , but Wimbledon proved dreams can come true .

We currently have IMHO only two chances of glory , the FA and Carling Cup , so I think we should give it our best shot within reason . Of course players need resting , but last season we were very close to making the quarter finals all be it with a second team .

So come on Kits , you're a top player , and very intelligent , but spare a thought for all of us going to Spurs on Saturday cheering the team on to hope and dream that FA glory may come .If you don't give a toss , what's the point ?

Sharpy
Hob Nob Regular

by Sharpy » 02 Jan 2008 19:24

i would much rather secure premiership safety than risk going out the trapdoor and winning a cup we have no chance of winning

Geekins
Hob Nob Regular

by Geekins » 02 Jan 2008 19:24

Coppell also says we can't win it, they are telling the truth so why are you so bothered! Kitson, Doyle etc etc deserve a rest so its good we won't have to play our first team and if we go through then great, if not... so what!

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 02 Jan 2008 19:25

Football player in honest appraisal shock.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 02 Jan 2008 19:26

Of course we don't want to go down , not saying that , so what's the point having the FA Cup or entering ?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 02 Jan 2008 19:27

Geekins Coppell also says we can't win it, they are telling the truth so why are you so bothered! Kitson, Doyle etc etc deserve a rest so its good we won't have to play our first team and if we go through then great, if not... so what!

Therefore we can't win anything ! Can somebody explain the point of that in a competitive sport .

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 02 Jan 2008 19:28

tbh the fa cup is just a good excuse to give the fringe players a couple of competitive matches

Ups and Downs
Hob Nob Regular
Location: the piss artist not formerly known as scutterbucket

by Ups and Downs » 02 Jan 2008 19:29

I would have also thought that we didn't have a chance of winning it....until we beat Liverpool 3-1.

Hopefully, one day, we'll be in a position to give it a shot and not have to worry about our perillous position in the Premiership (and not because we're in a different league, before some smart arse makes a comment)

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 02 Jan 2008 19:29

If you had asked the question 20 years ago everyone would have agreed with you.The FA cup was eagally awaited to see what "Big Club "we would get,now we play them all anyway and there will never be another Wimbledon.Ask the question,three points in the league or a win in the FA cup this Saturday,what would you rather have?You all know what the answer would be.Its sad but thats the way the Prem has killed the FA cup,its just another fun day out now.

parky
Hob Nob Regular

by parky » 02 Jan 2008 19:29

winchester_royal tbh the fa cup is just a good excuse to give the fringe players a couple of competitive matches

Tbh i think the fringe players should only play of the game is not on a saturday or sunday such as the carling cup.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 02 Jan 2008 19:32

They might bother a bit more if no supporters bothered to turn up.

Mrs Butler
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Mrs Butler » 02 Jan 2008 19:34

But Kitson has a point, why bother trying our chances in a cup game, when we cant even secure a few wins in the league.

The league is where our future lies, not in a cup, we have years to keep trying for the FA cup, but we have to realise if we get relegated we might not get another chance in Prem.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 02 Jan 2008 19:37

To be fair, I doubt Kits will be playing on Saturday anyway, won't we play our reserves again plus Lita and Long?

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 02 Jan 2008 19:38

One day Reading will win the FA Cup. That day will not be any one of the 366 days of 2008.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Kitson don't give a toss about FA Cup

by Coppelled Streets » 02 Jan 2008 19:48

Gunny Fishcake Taken from BBC ......

"Reading striker Dave Kitson said he is not interested whether his team make any progress in the FA Cup.
The Royals play Tottenham in the third round having lost 6-4 to the same team last Saturday.

"We are not going to win the FA Cup and I do not care less about it, to be honest," said the 27-year-old.

"I care about staying in the Premier League, as does everybody at this club. Our league status is not protected by winning the FA Cup - simple as that."

..........................................................................................................

I really dissapointed Kitson has said this.....

He makes a valid point and one that reflects the managers opinion also, hence the so called Reading B Team that plays our cup games.

Frustrating yes, but I prefer Premiership football as I'm sure the majority will do.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Jan 2008 20:21

Not got a problem with it.

The FA cup is a fun distraction nothing more until we have secured our position in the premiership. As Coppell said it will be won by one of the big 4, probably Liverpool or Chelsea as they realise it's the only trophy they have a decent chance at this year.

percy_freeman

by percy_freeman » 02 Jan 2008 20:27

ankeny Ask the question,three points in the league or a win in the FA cup this Saturday,what would you rather have?You all know what the answer would be.

But we didn't get the right answer did we? How about a little revenge?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 02 Jan 2008 20:45

Many of us have been clamouring to see James Henry. Wouldn't it be great to use our reserves and still win the cup tie against Spurs. (With Henry netting the winner!)

I hope we shock the Spurs no matter who starts. We will have our revenge!

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 02 Jan 2008 20:45

Not surprised Kitson's not bothered - he won't be playing in it!

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 02 Jan 2008 21:01

seahawk10 Many of us have been clamouring to see James Henry. Wouldn't it be great to use our reserves and still win the cup tie against Spurs. (With Henry netting the winner!)

I hope we shock the Spurs no matter who starts. We will have our revenge!

A valid point.

Cox given a game upfront with Long, Henry on the right, Pearce at the back. Why not!?