RFC - a total shambles

414 posts
floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

RFC - a total shambles

by floyd__streete » 12 Jan 2008 20:15

Today was just as abysmal as I feared. It is frankly laughable for Coppell to be bleating about losing players to the African Nations Cup as if this was suddenly sprung on us like some cruel Jeremy Beadle set up. If we needed defensive cover it might just have been an idea to make some enquiries and put some wheels in motion a month or two ago mightn't it?

Today the players looked defeated and leaderless from the word go. We had not one player who looked in any way threatening to the Villa defence. Clearly not a very happy camp at the moment; these latest comments from the venerable Leroy sum up the malaise around the place at the moment http://www.bbc.co.uk/berkshire/content/ ... ture.shtml

I am sure the RTG prozac brigade will point back to our win against Liverpool last month; one swallow can make for a pleasant evening but it certainly doesn't make a summer. Liverpool are an utter shambles anyway, even the likes of Wigan and Middlesbrough take points off them. Manchester United and Chelsea won't be so forgiving and I have as much enthusiasm for those two forthcoming defeats as I do for a trip to the dentist. I look forward to a string of superb January signings now to brighten up an otherwise pointless month :lol:

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 12 Jan 2008 20:21

Leroy Lita venerable? :lol:

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Jan 2008 20:22

"Floyd in negative post shocker" :shock:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 12 Jan 2008 20:26

bobby1413 "Floyd in negative post shocker" :shock:

When you've seen every game and all 10 away games similar tot hat one today it's enough to give anyone the hump! :lol:

Reading were atrocious AGAIN today and for the 1st time really I feel we could go down. Always felt there would be 3 worse teams and we'd be ok, finish about 5th or 6th from bottom but not so sure now.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 12 Jan 2008 20:26

Don't worry, Floyd, there will be three teams worse than us at the end of the season.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 12 Jan 2008 20:26

Spot on floyd.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Jan 2008 20:27

Row Z Royal Don't worry, Floyd, there will be three teams worse than us at the end of the season.

I agree. Sadly Swindon Town, Oxford United and Aldershot all play in lower leagues.

Y21
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Reading Football Club - a total shambles

by Y21 » 12 Jan 2008 20:28

floyd__streete ...It is frankly laughable for Coppell to be bleating about losing players to the African Nations Cup as if this was suddenly sprung on us like some cruel Jeremy Beadle set up. If we needed defensive cover it might just have been an idea to make some enquiries and put some wheels in motion a month or two ago mightn't it?...

Maybe he has been...just that every other bugger has as well, and don't forget, we are little Reading and nobody wants to come here...

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Jan 2008 20:30

Alan Partridge
bobby1413 "Floyd in negative post shocker" :shock:

When you've seen every game and all 10 away games similar tot hat one today it's enough to give anyone the hump! :lol:

Fair enough, I did sit at home watching the scores come in :(

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 12 Jan 2008 20:37

Coppell's got until the end of this month to grow some balls so he can put his neck on the line with some big money transfers.

It's all about the easy option with Coppell, sadly with this current squad the easy option of not signing anyone is gonna see us in a series amount of trouble.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 12 Jan 2008 20:42

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe It's all about the easy option with Coppell, sadly with this current squad the easy option of not signing anyone is gonna see us in a series amount of trouble.

I was bemused and a little concerned yesterday when I read his comments about the Newcastle job about RFC being a nice comfortable club :?.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 12 Jan 2008 20:44

floyd__streete
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe It's all about the easy option with Coppell, sadly with this current squad the easy option of not signing anyone is gonna see us in a series amount of trouble.

I was bemused and a little concerned yesterday when I read his comments about the Newcastle job about RFC being a nice comfortable club :?.

I think he was particularly talkig about expectation levels. Newcastle demand to be top 6 whatever the reality of life is - for us at the moment, realistically, staying up is always a massive acheivement.

And we will, this year.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 12 Jan 2008 20:44

floyd__streete

It's all about pressure.

I said it all summer long. He does everything to avoid. Cheap signing with low expectations, not playing the youth players.

All about pressure.

If we sign quality centre and winger then I will say I'm wrong. But we won't.....

West Stand Flash
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by West Stand Flash » 12 Jan 2008 20:51

Coppell doesnt sign players, Reading lose another away game - Nothing new then.

BORING. Like another poster said. Unless Coppell grows some balls & realises the current first 11 isn't good enough then this club will only go backwards.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 12 Jan 2008 20:55

3 Options then:

1) Coppell stays and Reading either float in the depths of the premiership, or go down to the championship ...

2) Get new manager who fails miserably and we get relegated

3) Get new manager who does alright, is willing to have balls to make big decisions and progresses the club to the next level.

However, I still respect SSC a lot, and still have a lot of faith in him. FWIW I don't think we need/should get a new manager.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 12 Jan 2008 20:56

I would not have expected us to take anything from todays game, however I am worried about the reports of how we are playing, it seems that there is some unrest in the camp, players are not being given a chance, and it seems that they have had enough.

Answer, who knows, but for me, sell Hunt, Shorey and Lita( if he wants to go) and bring in some guys who want to play, then fecking play them.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 12 Jan 2008 20:58

I fear that with all the speculation surrounding Hunt, Reading might be so enthused about retaining him and almost see it as a signing.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 12 Jan 2008 21:00

Skin I fear that with all the speculation surrounding Hunt, Reading might be so enthused about retaining him and almost see it as a signing.

Agreed, take the money and lets raid the Championship and get 2 at £2million.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 12 Jan 2008 21:06

Hard to disagree with the thread title as we lump to yet another all too predictable away defeat.

Kitson - In trouble and, if I was him and read some of the responses from "supporters" on here, would be gone in a shot.

Doyle - Wants to go to a top 4 side

Hunt - Won't rule out going to Sunderland

Lita - Wants to go anywhere

Coppell - Hinted at leaving at the end of the season

Shorey - Seems seduced by West Ham overtures

Murty, Little, Hanehmann, Ingermarrson, De La Cruz - all approaching sell by date

Signings of proven talent - Not a chance

It'll be too late to save it soon.

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 12 Jan 2008 21:08

I saw that too, Floyd, and it made me think. At first I thought what an awful admission of complacency. Then I disregarded it as a slip, take out of context.

But now I'm just wondering, does having a manager whose own description of his job is as "comfortable" really inspire anyone to believe OK is good enough?

I see what he means, but it may give away more than he intended.

414 posts