Prima donnas - Fae & Sonko suspended by club

436 posts
nicky's left foot

Re: Prima donnas - Fae & Sonko suspended by club

by nicky's left foot » 01 May 2008 16:56

oh for f*** sake this is just what we bloody need going into the two most crucial games of the season!
God knows why those two think they have a right to be refusing to play for the reserves cos the reserves are still above the standard those two have been at all season!
Lets be honest Sonko aint been the same since he came back from his knee injury (awfully timed tackles, penalties and a ridiculously quick sending off) and from what little i've seen of fae he aint exactly setting the place alight with his skill.
IMO both of them should shut up and Fae better start packing his bags cos he aint going to be here much longer, i hear sunderland is lovely this time of year! :P

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Prima donnas

by loyalroyal4life » 01 May 2008 17:17

ElmParker
Y25 Fae has been the biggest mistake in the clubs history

I'll raise you Terry Bullivant and an apostrophe.

Tommy Burns???

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 01 May 2008 17:24

Sonko has done a Neil Webb - Injured, celebrity wag (remember Shelley?) and a long time out to get unfit.

Wasn't Fae was one of the nightclub crowd with Lita after celebrationg their role in the Liverpool win? They then got thrown out giving it the big "Don't you know who I am?"

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 01 May 2008 17:25

Y25 Fae has been the biggest mistake in the clubs history

Surely he was one of the smallest?
Last edited by Uke on 01 May 2008 17:25, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 May 2008 17:25

Really dissapointed in Sonko, but the way he's been playing this season he is no loss in the short term.
His previous achievements mean I am open to him staying should he improve and buck his ideas up.

Fae on the other hand has shown little creativity or threat going forwards in his few appearances, has shown he is rather light weight and has trouble tracking back. He has shown very brief flashes of a nice touch and vision, but that is all. He can just oxf*rd off as far as I am concerned. And good riddance.

No wonder an out of form Harper has started ahead of him recently.

Readingfanman
Hob Nob Regular

by Readingfanman » 01 May 2008 17:29

I agree with the majority of this thread.

If you don't like it Emerse and Ibu, don't stay. We don't need players who won't play for the cause. They are paid thousands of pounds every week to play football, if they then refuse to play, they are in breach of their contract. So Coppell is perfectly right to suspend both of them. I hope both of them leave in summer tbqh. Sonko has lost all of his form since his knee injury and not once this season has he looked like he has going to gain it back. If we can get £1.5M for him, then hopefully both Reading and Sonko can move on. Fae has to however been one of the biggest mistakes Coppell has made since he joined Reading almost 5 years ago! He is the record signing but however he hasn't really ever looked the part since he joined us, but he has still managed to take home his pay every week. I hope he leaves in summer. He isn't right for Reading, and we clearly are not the right team for him.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 01 May 2008 17:32

Thou Voice Actualllly, iff I could marry a female version of myself - I would.

So please go consummate the marriage...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 May 2008 17:33

We need to avoid signing anyone else for between £2m & £2.9M They are all shit arrogant ptwats

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 01 May 2008 17:43

We seem to be falling into disarray, and although he's done a great job so far, I place the blame entirely with Coppell. Imagine how the likes of Fae, Sonko and Lita have felt this season. The team has been awful, and some players are really not performing. However, Coppell has his favourites and for far too long shows blind faith with under performing players. And it's not like they have lack professionalism. All season so far they have been trying to earn their place in the first team through training and reserve matches, and whatever they do they are overlooked, especially in the case of Fae.

Refusing to play for the reserves was maybe wrong, but Coppell has obviously failed to see how badly he has treated them in terms of opportunity this season and has over reacted. Also, if they did refuse for supposed football reasons, what's the problem? I can bet you Coppell would have have had a problem if one of his Irish golden boys of James Harper had pulled a stunt like this, yet on recent performances they don't deserve that much more respect.

The part that really angers me is Sonko. Fae is fairly new and maybe hasn't earnt respect yet. Sonko on the other hand has earned it 10 times over. He was integral in our promotion season, the best defender in the league. Then last season he was brilliant before his injury. Since he's come back he's not been the same, but so many players take a while to recover from a 9 month injury. Yet Coppell has given him the cold shoulder. Sonko deserves so much better and I will be very surprised if he sticks around next season after this disgrace. When you consider what he has done for us since he joined, it makes be furious.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 01 May 2008 17:50

Coppell has not given Sonko the cold shoulder, he has been played more than he deserved and has responded by giving away cheap goal after cheap freekick after cheap penalty.

Fae hasn't had a previous season of quality performance to recommend he gets games and when he has played he has been less woeful than Sonko but wholely anonymous instead.

Do you see Duberry complaining? Or Convey, or Cisse, or Rosenior? No. They act like professionals and try and take their chances when they arrive. What about Bikey? Looked great in his rare early season performances, knuckled down and earnt his place (later than he should have).

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 01 May 2008 17:54

Ian Royal Coppell has not given Sonko the cold shoulder, he has been played more than he deserved and has responded by giving away cheap goal after cheap freekick after cheap penalty.

Fae hasn't had a previous season of quality performance to recommend he gets games and when he has played he has been less woeful than Sonko but wholely anonymous instead.

Do you see Duberry complaining? Or Convey, or Cisse, or Rosenior? No. They act like professionals and try and take their chances when they arrive. What about Bikey? Looked great in his rare early season performances, knuckled down and earnt his place (later than he should have).

Totally agree

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 01 May 2008 17:57

That'll be the last we see of sonko anyway, he'll save himself being boo'd by his crap performances all season meaning he won't appear near the squad at tottenham or derby.
Chereo sonko, take fae with you.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 01 May 2008 18:28

Uke

Sadllly not posssible.

I have yeet to meet a female speciman as wonderous as myself. Buut one day when I doo, our children will be fantasstic. Until then, I have to put up with my misssuss.

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 01 May 2008 18:38

Thou Voice
Uke

Sadllly not posssible.

I have yeet to meet a female speciman as wonderous as myself. Buut one day when I doo, our children will be fantasstic. Until then, I have to put up with my misssuss.

3/10 Must try harder.

You really are falling down on your SDR impersonation.

g

by g » 01 May 2008 18:44

This is what happens you bring in foreigners, especially from Africa, first chance they have to whinge they all join together and never do anything. Club should sack the players if they had any respect ASAP, but sadly JM spending ways these are the type of players we can afford.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 01 May 2008 18:48

wolsey 3/10 Must try harder.

!!!!

Why aree you juding me to be somebody I have reapeatidlyly said that I am not????

zummerset

by zummerset » 01 May 2008 18:50

g

Is this a party political point on behalf of the BNP? Local elections belong in the AE section :)

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular

by wolsey » 01 May 2008 18:58

Thou Voice
wolsey 3/10 Must try harder.

!!!!

Why aree you juding me to be somebody I have reapeatidlyly said that I am not????

On the contrary, I don't think you're SDR... just a pale shadow (at least he was fairly humorous and had a degree of self deprecation).

Perhaps the repeated letters (along with the garbage you spout) are just a sign of substance abuse...has your Tech College let you out early after your tests?

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 01 May 2008 19:00

wolsey Perhaps the repeated letters (along with the garbage you spout) are just a sign of substance abuse...has your Tech College let you out early after your test?

Ahhh!!! I am afraid woolsey I never went to college as I was tooo busy eating from the furrry cup of your mother, or iss this my sybstance abuse talking?

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 01 May 2008 19:02

I suspect Fae's refusal to play was part of a calculated plan to ensure he is allowed to leave for nothing at the end of the season. By refusing to play, going to the press, playing the innocent and putting yourself on the market by saying you want to stay in the Prem/Europe he has guaranteed a swift exit. Any chance of getting a fee for him has gone out of the window.

Part of me hopes he is left to rot next season but the club will move him on as he is clearly a negative influence on the other players.

As for Sonko, his actions are a real puzzle. I can only think he has been led astray by Fae. He has far more to lose than Fae who will probably bolt back to France.

Just cannot see either of these players featuring in a Reading team in the future.

436 posts