Hob Nob Addict

Re: Prima donnas

by Royalee » 01 May 2008 12:52

brendywendy im praying you go

Aww, bless your cotton socks.

zac naloen

Re: Prima donnas - Fae & Sonko suspended by club

by zac naloen » 01 May 2008 13:04

Setanta Emerse Fae has told setantasports.com in an exclusive interview that his Reading career is over, following his two-week suspension for refusing to play a reserve game.

Ivory Coast international Fae and Ibrahima Sonko have been suspended by their employers and will not play for The Royals again this season.

The African duo were told to play for the club’s reserve team against Tottenham on Monday but they refused and have since received a letter to tell them they are suspended until May 12.

Fae has exclusively told us how disappointed he is, and the former Nantes star believes Reading did not treat him well.

He regrets his lack of first-team opportunities and his club’s lack of communication and ‘courage’.

The midfielder, highly rated in France, has told us he will leave the Premier League outfit when the season ends.

“This season I played more for the reserves than for the first team,” Fae told setantasports.com.

“I played to stay fit and accepted it because you never know; the team is not having good results so the reserves were a good opportunity to win my place in the team.

“Recently I appeared for some minutes, played 20 minutes at Arsenal so I thought I would continue to have my chance, but then without any explanation I was axed from the squad.

“I cannot accept that. There are no reasons for that. The team need all their players for the last two games.

“There is obviously a communication problem at the club. I suggested it to them before the African Cup of Nations but it has not changed.

“I feel like the same players always suffer the consequences of defeats.

“I am banned for two weeks, until one day after the last game (with Derby), on May 12.

“That is not clever at all to suspend your own players, that is stupid, the sanction is heavy, two weeks!

“The club do not need that because axing two players from your own struggling team is not coherent at all.

“I cannot understand their attitude. Those people do not speak and do things behind your back.

“I refused to play with the reserves on Sunday, they said okay let’s meet on Thursday and in the meantime I received a letter saying I am axed.

“They are not courageous enough to tell me things in the eyes, man to man, in five minutes.

“I am a father, an adult, I am able to recognize when I make mistakes, I can also admit to people when I am wrong.

“It never happened between Reading and me.

“They do not need to suspend me to show everybody that it has not worked.

“I am not a kid, if you make a mistake you admit it, but it is just a pretext.

“They did not treat me well during the season. I never caused any controversy, I have been a professional, but they are showing that I do not have my place at the club.

“There is no need to fight or to persevere for me, for sure my future is not with Reading.”

Fae would like to remain in The Premier League, but is also open to the German and French leagues.

“I have no contacts for the moment because the clubs are waiting for the end of the season, there are two games to go, some clubs are still fighting to stay up,” he added.

“I will see in May what the opportunities are.

“I will not give up after a failure abroad and I am not focused on returning to France.

“A challenge in England, Germany or wherever would attract me but this time I will not make the mistake not to speak with the coach before I sign.”

Fae tends to think that Reading are not respecting his team-mate Sonko despite the fact the centre back has proved his commitment to the cause in the last four seasons.

“They have been acting strange towards Sonko for a while,” he continued.

“They lack recognition towards him. It is not his first year at the club, he has been here for four years, experienced everything with them, the promotion, the good first season in The Premier League, and has started many times.

“But he was sent off against Tottenham and after the African Cup of Nations, and I do not know for which reasons, they had a bizarre attitude with Sonko.”

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/News/ ... g-Reading/

East Stand Royal 500

by East Stand Royal 500 » 01 May 2008 13:08

Seems like an attitude problem with Fae - he's an unsettling influence on the rest and should be banned from the club and training ground until we can get rid of him. He obviously thinks more highly of his abilities than we do.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 01 May 2008 13:09

Emerse Fae “They have been acting strange towards Sonko for a while,” he continued.

“They lack recognition towards him. It is not his first year at the club, he has been here for four years, experienced everything with them, the promotion, the good first season in The Premier League, and has started many times.

“But he was sent off against Tottenham and after the African Cup of Nations, and I do not know for which reasons, they had a bizarre attitude with Sonko.”

You sure about that?

In the words of Sharpy, Fae can "Do one".

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 01 May 2008 13:10

'a bizarre attitude towards Sonko' He has played many times yhis season, he has been awful in just about all of them.

As for Fae I sympathise slightly more with him, I think he just wants to play and he hasn't been given an opportunity, also very interesting hearing the players now talk about the obvious favourites at the club.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 01 May 2008 13:12

T.R.O.L.I.
Emerse Fae “They have been acting strange towards Sonko for a while,” he continued.

You sure about that?

Sounds like a translation error, reads more like he was dropped.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 01 May 2008 13:15

Emerse Fae “Wah, wah, wah, it's not fair, I'm telling!!!!”

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 01 May 2008 13:18

DrZoidberg

by DrZoidberg » 01 May 2008 13:22

Thou Voice
Gordons Cumming With reference to Thou Voice

ElmParker You have no idea just how boring you are.

I think he does. :roll:

Actualllly, iff I could marry a female version of myself - I would. I am just fantastic and enjoy that banter that poor people liek yourself bring to this board.

Do I recognise a certain stuck keyboard ?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 01 May 2008 13:27

It does highlight something thats been mentioned previously in that its Coppell's style to not treat new signings with the reverence they feel they deserve.

Clearly the likes of Fae and Halford before him expected to walk into the team and be mollycoddled by the manager. Interesting that the likes of Cisse and Matejovsky both of whom the management publicly commended for their attempts to learn the language and integrate with their teammates were given opportunities far earlier in their stay.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 01 May 2008 13:32

The whole year inn Does this officially make Fae a worse signing than Halford yet?
Yes.

Rumour has it Sunderland are putting together a £10m bid.

YorkshireRoyal

by YorkshireRoyal » 01 May 2008 13:39

I knew this would happen.

All these PR shows, where Murty and Shorey and their wives are pretending everyone is happy and getting along, were all clearly fake. Coppell lost the dressing room the moment Pardew left. We have to get the silver feather back.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 01 May 2008 13:45

YorkshireRoyal I knew this would happen.

All these PR shows, where Murty and Shorey and their wives are pretending everyone is happy and getting along, were all clearly fake. Coppell lost the dressing room the moment Pardew left. We have to get the silver feather back.

It's quite clear the club has a certain community spirit about it and that some players haven't fit in.

Seems the majority have but some just don't seem to get it... or think too highly of themselves.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 01 May 2008 13:46

Emerse Fae via Setanta “A challenge in England, Germany or wherever would attract me but this time I will not make the mistake not to speak with the coach before I sign.”

Assuming that this is based on the truth, I think this is a slightly worrying way of going about things. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think SC spoke to Kebe before signing him, either. Is this standard practice at clubs? Seems a strange one if it is.

Ingham

by Ingham » 01 May 2008 13:47

zac naloen
T.R.O.L.I.

You sure about that?

Sounds like a translation error, reads more like he was dropped.

Or maybe he just got the match wrong. Sonks was sent off against Portsmouth on 1 January 2008.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 01 May 2008 13:48

I can't help but think that Sonko's problems all started when he started knocking about with that howler from Big Brother

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 01 May 2008 13:53

CMRoyal
Emerse Fae via Setanta “A challenge in England, Germany or wherever would attract me but this time I will not make the mistake not to speak with the coach before I sign.”

Assuming that this is based on the truth, I think this is a slightly worrying way of going about things. Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think SC spoke to Kebe before signing him, either. Is this standard practice at clubs? Seems a strange one if it is.

Cause clearly Coppell didn't care if we signed anyone in the summer and January and Hammond just had to go and get anyone Coppell wouldn't turn down. IE cheap and low pressure.

Coppell didn't want to sign Fae, he never wants to sign anyone. His attitude to new players shows that. You can't disagree with anything Fae says, he's not had a chance, while other have had chance, after chance, after chance.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 01 May 2008 14:01

leon I can't help but think that Sonko's problems all started when he started knocking about with that howler from Big Brother

Another thing we've got Wales to thank for in addition to John Oster and Jason Bowen.

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 01 May 2008 14:07

Maybe Coppell is just a rascist!

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 01 May 2008 14:10

Convey also said that he got little out of Coppell when he first signed. He wasn't really told what the manager wanted of him and found it hard to adjust to his methods.

To be fiar though Shankly never used to talk to new or injured players either, didn't seem to do him any harm.

I'm not sure we can afford to keep bringing in players that the manager doesn't fancy though, especially if he's not going to settle them in and tell them what they need to do to break into the side.

It's all a little odd, but it doesn't forgive either player for acting like the big I am.

436 posts