Kitson signs for Stoke for £5.5 million

956 posts
brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Rumour - Kitson to Wigan

by brendywendy » 16 Jul 2008 09:51

BR2 Saw Hammond on Sky Sports this morning-he was very guarded when asked about Kitson leaving. :cry:

goodbye ginger ninja :cry:

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 16 Jul 2008 09:51

He's a gonner.

The rumour is Hulse in as soon as he leaves

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 Jul 2008 09:58

Wycombe Royal
MELKSHAM HOOPS Dave Out 5 Mill.....Clinton In 0 mill......my guess

Morrison is trining with Coventry in Switzerland.

Damn it :evil: I like Clinton, he'd fit in well here, should have snapped him up.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 16 Jul 2008 09:59

Focher He's a gonner.

Is he fit now? Wouldn't be the worst swap ever.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 16 Jul 2008 09:59

With the other little ones up front I would hope that we would go for a target man option-isn't Hulse about the same age as our Dave?
For me it would be the saddest day since Simon Osborn left for QPR if Kitson were to leave now,in his prime.
How I wish it were Lita going rather than Kitson or Doyle.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 16 Jul 2008 10:02

Focher

Source

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 16 Jul 2008 10:08

The whole year inn
Focher

Source

A Wednesday season ticket holder 'in the know' apparently :wink:

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 16 Jul 2008 10:09

If we really had our finger on the pulse we'd get Helguson.

I expect us not to replace Kits though and Coppell to say he is happy with what he's got.

Joking aside, Doyle, Lita, Long should be more that good enough. Would rather spend money on the midfield and defense.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 16 Jul 2008 10:16

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe If we really had our finger on the pulse we'd get Helguson.

I expect us not to replace Kits though and Coppell to say he is happy with what he's got.

Joking aside, Doyle, Lita, Long should be more that good enough. Would rather spend money on the midfield and defense.

Three strikers is not enough. One injured and who is on the bench? 4 is a minimum and 5 is better.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 16 Jul 2008 10:18

Wycombe Royal
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe If we really had our finger on the pulse we'd get Helguson.

Three strikers is not enough. One injured and who is on the bench? 4 is a minimum and 5 is better.

absolutely agreed, also an area overlooked last season, I felt we were a striker light

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 16 Jul 2008 10:24

Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal

absolutely agreed, also an area overlooked last season, I felt we were a striker light

What you ideally need is 3 senior first team strikers and two who have limited experience first team experience.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 16 Jul 2008 10:26

Gotta stay realistic.

Coppell's not gonna make the signings we need.

Midfield has to be the priority.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 16 Jul 2008 10:43

I agree with Wycombe and AP but strongly disagree with the thought of Smoking kills that going with a three of Long,Lita and Doyle would be good enough.
You can mix and match between full backs,defenders and midfield players in the event of injury or suspension but strikers are so important that a team can't usually just get by without them.
Loads of strikers>loads of centre-backs.
Last edited by BR2 on 16 Jul 2008 10:44, edited 1 time in total.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 16 Jul 2008 10:43

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Gotta stay realistic.

Why not? A manager who has as superb a record as Coppell's must presumably have shown himself capable of making the signings needed to bring success.

So much emphasis is being placed on inactivity in one season in the top flight - is it not reasonable to look beyond just last year? This is the same guy who won the Manager of the Year Award 2 seasons on the trot and it seems incredible to dismiss his ability to build a successful team because of 1 season's failings.

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 16 Jul 2008 10:47

Royal Rother
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Gotta stay realistic.

Why not? A manager who has as superb a record as Coppell's must presumably have shown himself capable of making the signings needed to bring success.

So much emphasis is being placed on inactivity in one season in the top flight - is it not reasonable to look beyond just last year? This is the same guy who won the Manager of the Year Award 2 seasons on the trot and it seems incredible to dismiss his ability to build a successful team because of 1 season's failings.

I think the reason why so many are feeling edgy RR is the proximity of the new season.
I suppose Hammond and Coppell are aware that the season starts in just over 3 weeks time and that the standard will be higher than Didcot and Forest Green. :wink:

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Jul 2008 10:52

yeah and all in one season before he buggers off

Kitson has been pretty much our best player for the last 4-5 years - it's 1995 all over again.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 16 Jul 2008 10:59

leon yeah and all in one season before he buggers off

Kitson has been pretty much our best player for the last 4-5 years - it's 1995 all over again.

Exactly the reason there is Premier League interest. We are going to lose people we don't want, that's the price of relegation.

If we get £4.5million for a 28/29 year old with a chequered injury past that wouldn't be bad business.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 16 Jul 2008 11:10

Alan Partridge
leon yeah and all in one season before he buggers off

Exactly the reason there is Premier League interest. We are going to lose people we don't want, that's the price of relegation.

If we get £4.5million for a 28/29 year old with a chequered injury past that wouldn't be bad business.

If you're a bean counter yes - losing a player that will score 15-20 goals in the championship how much is that worth? What we need is a Meaker to come in to provide some bullets for Shane Long....jesus

BR2
Hob Nob Regular

by BR2 » 16 Jul 2008 11:15

It might not be bad business but we are not exactly short of money and don't forget that last season our management told us that players were very difficult to buy.
Hopefully that difficulty was just in the Premiership.
If Kitson goes it is not the end of the world but we will need a decent replacement if we are to make any sort of challenge this season.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 16 Jul 2008 11:20

BR2 It might not be bad business but we are not exactly short of money and don't forget that last season our management told us that players were very difficult to buy.
Hopefully that difficulty was just in the Premiership.
If Kitson goes it is not the end of the world but we will need a decent replacement if we are to make any sort of challenge this season.

Oh of course, in fact I'd like to see 2 strikers come in. I just don't think losing Kitson would be that big a deal, chances are he'll be sitting out 10-15 games injured anyway. To pick up nearly £5million for him would be a decent deal. Our frontline needs a bit of a shakeup, it's not the 1 of the 4 I'd most like to see leave but 1 needs to go imo.

956 posts