Match Ratings

jumpers for goalposts

Re: Match Ratings

by jumpers for goalposts » 23 Aug 2008 18:20

USA 6- Could possibily have done better with the 1st goal, but was left helplessly exposed by the defense
Rosenior 4- At fault for 4th goal and offered little going forward
Ivar 2- Hopeless, constantly out of position and ususal woeful distribution
Sonko 4- The epitome of a Jekyl and Hyde footballer. Goes from the sublime to the ridiculous in the blink of an eye. Despite his goals, a liability
S Hunt- 5 Workman like performance, but needs to be used further forward
Kebe 6- Looked good when he had the ball, but drifted out of the game for long spells
Cisse 6- Decent in the early stages, needs to work on his passing but undeserving of the stick on this board. Decent in the tackle
Harper 5- Mopped up well, but totally ineffective as a creative force
Convey 2- Clueless. Didn't beat his man, gave the ball away. 1 good season in 4, not good enough IMHO
Lita 5- Held the ball up well on occassion, but still went to ground to easily
Doyle 2- No energy, no spark, no confidence. Needs to be dropped & play in the reserves

Subs:

N.Hunt 7- Good work rate, movement and caused problems
Long 6- Lively, always seems to cause problems. Wish he could be as useful when he starts
Pearce 6- Solid enough, seems to posses decent concentration

We didn't lose today's game in central midfield. The defence have to hold their hands up. Charlton exploited 2 weak full backs, and Ivar and Sonks were embarassingly bad against their forwards, Varney in particular

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 23 Aug 2008 18:52

Chillitsphil
SCIAG USA 6

Rosenior 4
Sonko 8 (nothing he could do about the sending off, penalty was iffy)
Ingimarsson 6
S Hunt 5

Kebe 6
Harper 6
Cisse 5
Convey 6

Doyle 6
Lita 4

Subs:
N Hunt 6
Long, Pearce N/A.

I'm sorry but I cannot let this pass. Perhaps you were at the game for which I will give you respect and the benefit of the doubt, but for those that watched on tele it was quite clear how poor Sonko was. The first goal Sonko was a yard behind the line playing holland etc onside, and also allowed the ball to bypass him. If he is in line then Holland doesn't reach that ball. Penalty - Sonko is absolutely burned for pace, and leans in, silly, gives away the goal. The sending off was a rash challenge. Also Gray's header into the crossbar, Sonko was once again a yard behind the line, plays Gray onside (incorrectly flagged off) and almost a goal. He might well have scored a superb header, but he is a yard off the pace and is imho not a shadow of the player he was. You have your Rosenior rating right though, his distribution was dire.

I was at the game and i have to agree with you that sonko is a clown. He makes ivar look good who is also shit! they are both liabilities that need to be dropped, i mean how can you go from 2 clean sheets to letting in 4 goals?

Sonks gives a pen away (was harsh), scores a goal and then gets sent off, was he going for an award for having most eventful match

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 24 Aug 2008 00:34

loyalroyal4life
Chillitsphil
SCIAG USA 6

Rosenior 4
Sonko 8 (nothing he could do about the sending off, penalty was iffy)
Ingimarsson 6
S Hunt 5

Kebe 6
Harper 6
Cisse 5
Convey 6

Doyle 6
Lita 4

Subs:
N Hunt 6
Long, Pearce N/A.

I'm sorry but I cannot let this pass. Perhaps you were at the game for which I will give you respect and the benefit of the doubt, but for those that watched on tele it was quite clear how poor Sonko was. The first goal Sonko was a yard behind the line playing holland etc onside, and also allowed the ball to bypass him. If he is in line then Holland doesn't reach that ball. Penalty - Sonko is absolutely burned for pace, and leans in, silly, gives away the goal. The sending off was a rash challenge. Also Gray's header into the crossbar, Sonko was once again a yard behind the line, plays Gray onside (incorrectly flagged off) and almost a goal. He might well have scored a superb header, but he is a yard off the pace and is imho not a shadow of player he was. You have your Rosenior rating right though, his distribution was dire.

I was at the game and i have to agree with you that sonko is a clown. He makes ivar look good who is also shit! they are both liabilities that need to be dropped, i mean how can you go from 2 clean sheets to letting in 4 goals?

Sonks gives a pen away (was harsh), scores a goal and then gets sent off, was he going for an award for having most eventful match

Ivar has been a good player for us - maybe his legs have gone - but "shit" he isn't, you little twat.