Hunt should never take a penalty again

namroyal

Re: Hunt should never take a penalty again

by namroyal » 10 Dec 2008 23:18

Never mind never take a penalty again, he should never be allowed to play football for this club again, or a club in any one of the English leagues. His hair is a disgrace, his accent is a disgrace, his manner on the pitch is a disgrace, he can't run, he can't pass, he can't tackle, he can't cross, I doubt he'd be any good between the sticks either. He may do a marginally better job of pouring me my half-time Guiness though. Watching Stephen Hunt is like watching Steptoe and Son, but in colour... and they were both better footballers.

RG1 Export

by RG1 Export » 10 Dec 2008 23:44

namroyal Never mind never take a penalty again, he should never be allowed to play football for this club again, or a club in any one of the English leagues. His hair is a disgrace, his accent is a disgrace, his manner on the pitch is a disgrace, he can't run, he can't pass, he can't tackle, he can't cross, I doubt he'd be any good between the sticks either. He may do a marginally better job of pouring me my half-time Guiness though. Watching Stephen Hunt is like watching Steptoe and Son, but in colour... and they were both better footballers.

wow. just wow...

JR

by JR » 11 Dec 2008 00:18

bottom left hand corner We can't score a penalty or save a penalty!

Get penalties out or together

I completely agree. USA is pathetic at saving penalties. Goalkeepers should see it as a chance for glory, but for some reason he is useless and manages to make himself look tiny. The current squad will never win a shoot-out.

JR

by JR » 11 Dec 2008 00:21

chandog i am sure the whole team has practised penalties and hunt must be the best as he has been given the task of taking our penalties. coppell has a lot of common sense and would want to have tested who the best penalty taker in the squad is

i think doyle could also do the job very well as he has done it before in big pressure situations (v man u for example)

I completely disagree - the majority of the crowd would take a better penalty than hunt.

And as for Doyle's penalty against Man U, he was very lucky that it was not saved as it was a poor penalty.

Taking a good penalty is 90% about mentality and sadly many of our boys are not up to it.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 11 Dec 2008 00:27

why dont they let Hahnemann take one? If we were 3 or 4-0 up at home and we get a penalty, i think it would be great to see him take one. It would be a similar reaction to murtys pen i think. and hes done so much for Reading in goal, and yet if we 6-0, our strikers get the most praise. Your thoughts...

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 11 Dec 2008 00:29

Chandog coppell has a lot of common sense

In some cases. But until Blackpool, he was still starting Harper despite him being of no use what-so-ever.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Dec 2008 12:29

JR
chandog i am sure the whole team has practised penalties and hunt must be the best as he has been given the task of taking our penalties. coppell has a lot of common sense and would want to have tested who the best penalty taker in the squad is

i think doyle could also do the job very well as he has done it before in big pressure situations (v man u for example)

I completely disagree - the majority of the crowd would take a better penalty than hunt.

And as for Doyle's penalty against Man U, he was very lucky that it was not saved as it was a poor penalty.

Taking a good penalty is 90% about mentality and sadly many of our boys are not up to it.

Isn't that the only penalty Doyle has scored?

Calling all stattos: STRAP! CUBE!

Do your lovely databases have the ability to churn out a current player penalty conversion success rate? That would be useful.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 11 Dec 2008 16:35

Doyle scored a few well taken penalties for Cork.

I remember when he signed that it would be nice if he could be the one to cure our nerves over penalties. Hasn't quite worked out that way!

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 11 Dec 2008 16:53

SLAMMED

In some cases. But until Blackpool, he was still starting Harper despite him being of no use what-so-ever.

Needle's stuck again. Someone jog the jukebox please for a new tune.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 11 Dec 2008 16:59

West Stand Man
SLAMMED

Needle's stuck again. Someone jog the jukebox please for a new tune.

dont get it...

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Dec 2008 17:00

We've noticed. :wink:

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 11 Dec 2008 17:09

Ian Royal We've noticed. :wink:

dont get it...

AlexY25
Hob Nob Regular

by AlexY25 » 11 Dec 2008 17:20

Bikey for penalties. Hes awesome. Well the two hes taken :wink:

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 11 Dec 2008 17:23

JR
bottom left hand corner We can't score a penalty or save a penalty!

Get penalties out or together

I completely agree. USA is pathetic at saving penalties. Goalkeepers should see it as a chance for glory, but for some reason he is useless and manages to make himself look tiny. The current squad will never win a shoot-out.

Good thing we have Fedders between the sticks for now, then.
And Henry to take penalties. His dead-ball pieces are marvellous - just take a look at a few of his Reserves pieces.

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 11 Dec 2008 20:09

the funny thing is, if the keeper had guessed wrong and gone the other way, people would be saying what a good penalty it was.

Nobody ever says a saved penalty was well taken. Saying that, Tuesday was just one of those where you knew he'd miss. It had been that kind of night.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 Dec 2008 22:07

The Positive One! Time for Steven to go I think. Now seems just a bit too big for his boots. What's all the moaning about Shane Long anyway - always done a good job when he has come on, worked hard and is keen - good sign when he wants to take the penalty. HIs movement from a defensive position to the forward line when needed is excellent. It is difficult to prove what you are capable of when only given ten or so minutes in each game.

At last someone else has seen the light. It never ceases to amaze me that so many people think that shunt is any good. Take away his beligerence and huffing and puffing and there isnt very much left.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Dec 2008 22:32

It's especially hard to show what you're capable of when you only get one touch of the ball before you kick it out or straight to the opposition.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 Dec 2008 22:36

George Best had a great put down to anyone who suggested that a particular player was any good. He would say that he traps the ball further than I can kick it. Sums up my opinion of shunt.

Tommy Youlden's Ears

by Tommy Youlden's Ears » 12 Dec 2008 11:18

Terminal Boardom George Best had a great put down to anyone who suggested that a particular player was any good. He would say that he traps the ball further than I can kick it. Sums up my opinion of shunt.

+1

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 12 Dec 2008 12:25

Tommy Youlden's Ears
Terminal Boardom George Best had a great put down to anyone who suggested that a particular player was any good. He would say that he traps the ball further than I can kick it. Sums up my opinion of shunt.

+1

Sounds more like Long to me, but I may just not understand.