Back from Swansea game

108 posts
Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

Back from Swansea game

by Gunny Fishcake » 17 Jan 2009 19:36

I can't remember when we were last so comprehensivly outplayed . You'd have thought we we bottom of the league not second . Not one decent chance not one decent performance , though Armstrong did well at the back with their really good winger . Harper was truly dreadful as was SHunt . A draw would have been a great result and in a way with Brissol City coming back to draw with Wolves it's nots so bad today losing a point to Brum as well . How was it they passed the ball so well when we just hoofed it up front . The possession stats must have been 75/25 to Swansea . We must improve on this and we all know the next game , ideal chance but by god we have to improve on todays showing .

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back from Swansea game

by Victor Meldrew » 17 Jan 2009 19:39

So if Spurs and Wigan,Inter Milan,Barcelona and Bayern Munich were watching our left winger today would you say that they would be impressed enough to cough up £5 million or more?

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 17 Jan 2009 19:42

Victor Meldrew So if Spurs and Wigan,Inter Milan,Barcelona and Bayern Munich were watching our left winger today would you say that they would be impressed enough to cough up £5 million or more?

You must be joking , on recent performances he's not worth £5 . Today he made one great tackle to be fair deny them a probable goal , but his passing and contribution was simply woeful , but , he was not alone today .

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 17 Jan 2009 19:45

Coppell will no doubt say we're still 2nd and it was a bad day at the office. The facts are we've been shite since Birmingham away (incl Watford home) so please Coppell learn from your mistakes and strengthen the squad with a couple of new faces.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 17 Jan 2009 19:56

Gunny Fishcake I can't remember when we were last so comprehensivly outplayed .

Worse than Saints at home? Wow, that's worrying. We're all three of us stumbling around at the moment - Cardiff, Sheff U, Preston, maybe even Swansea must scent blood.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 17 Jan 2009 20:25

Not sure what was going on with Rosey today. On the airwaves it sounded like - not only did he have a bad day at the office but I'd be surprised if there was anything of the office left after he'd finished.

It's one thing to show passion when the chips are down but a completely different matter when you start head butting the onion and up getting needlessly booked. Then why not tug a shirt? Bet the rest of the lads were well chuffed.

Our 'Prem' defender, who can't wait to get back to the Promised Land, needs to take a step back sometimes and realise that, during our journey, we're not gonna trounce everybody in sight.

Which stand for the Wolves game then Liam? :roll:

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2009 20:30

The Cap Not sure what was going on with Rosey today. On the airwaves it sounded like - not only did he have a bad day at the office but I'd be surprised if there was anything of the office left after he'd finished.

It's one thing to show passion when the chips are down but a completely different matter when you start head butting the onion and up getting needlessly booked. Then why not tug a shirt? Bet the rest of the lads were well chuffed.

Our 'Prem' defender, who can't wait to get back to the Promised Land, needs to take a step back sometimes and realise that, during our journey, we're not gonna trounce everybody in sight.

Which stand for the Wolves game then Liam? :roll:
Sadly, he was pretty p1ss poor against Watford too, only vaguely redeeming himself with a goalscoring cross or two.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 17 Jan 2009 20:30

Worst performance of the season for me today. Lack luster all over the pitch. We need to sign a new centre midfielder.

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 17 Jan 2009 20:40

CMRoyal wrote
We're all three of us stumbling around at the moment - Cardiff, Sheff U, Preston, maybe even Swansea must scent blood.

We'll not panic,eh. Today wasn't brilliant but let's not forget that the top three, ourselves included, have valuable experience when it comes to the last third of the season. You'll always have a dark horse that comes through but generally you don't tend to see a massive shift in terms of placings. :wink:

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 17 Jan 2009 20:40

Definitely the worst performance of the season. I thought only Doobs & Feds came out with any credit. Kebe and Harper were woeful and I cannot understand why SC left them on for so long. Also subbing Marek M for Noel H seemed an odd thing to do when we were a goal down and chasing the game. Marek coming on was a good call as we needed to keep the ball on the deck given the difficult conditions but why take off a striker? We persisted in hoofball and looked second class compared with a Swansea side that played a passing game and Nathan Dyer who was able to skin Armstrong at will.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 17 Jan 2009 20:44

Lets just hope that we can bounce back at home to Wolves in 10 days time.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 Jan 2009 21:10

The best team won - Swansea were setup best to counter us with their 4-5-1 with wingers pushed forward meaning that out full-backs couldn't push forward and our midfield couldn't support the front two.

We did have one decent chance - and that was about it - but by then Lita was on, and the whole world knew that he wouldn't pass from the corner of the box, even though Doyle was completely unmarked in the middle.

All in all, thoroughly out-thought and out-fought.

PS - Did anyone else notice how quickly the multi-ball worked for Swansea and how it was virtually non-existent when we wanted the ball?

AthleticoSpizz
Hob Nob Legend

by AthleticoSpizz » 17 Jan 2009 21:14

Dirk Gently Did anyone else notice how quickly the multi-ball worked for Swansea and how it was virtually non-existent when we wanted the ball?
been pretty stock-standard for the past 5 years.

Time to ban the muti-ball maybe?..........ok so the game lasts a little bit longer.

Worked well enough when Hicks hoofed the ball into Tilehurst Road.....or Percy Freeman took a shot.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 17 Jan 2009 21:18

surprised to hear someone say Armstrong had a good game. From the commentary it sounded like Dyer was taking him to pieces for most of the game.

I thought bringing Marek on and switching to a formation similar to Swansea's was a good idea, unfortunately by then it seems to many players were doing badly and Swansea were too far on top. Obviously Rosenior's idiocy didn't help our chances much.

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 17 Jan 2009 21:25

[quote="Ian Royal"]surprised to hear someone say Armstrong had a good game. From the commentary it sounded like Dyer was taking him to pieces for most of the game.

IMHO I thought he did well considering the amount of balls that were passed with pin point accuracy to Dyer who looked a very good winger , it could have been a lot worse had Armstrong not got so many tackles in

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 17 Jan 2009 21:32

That really really was a bad game. I cannot even remember if we had an effectiver shot on goal. Rosey was indeed getting taken apart. Booked for petulance at throwing the ball away, then the shirt pulling. Very silly. That now seriuosly limits our options at RB. At one point i was even bloody falling asleep.
Once again central midfield was non existant. Harper again tracking all around, trying to guide Swansea down a blind alley. Sadly NOT!. Swansea played out wide each time and took out back four apart time and time again. The writing was sadly on the wall early in the first half when Fedders had to make two excellent saves. I thought changes needed making early NOT after rosey got sent off. With 10 minutes to go there's not really alot that Gunner and Lita could have done to change the game. That second goal :shock:

The only fortuatous part of all this is Wolves and Brum both had bad days at the office. I think the cleaners need to get into ours and clean a few things out. :|

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 17 Jan 2009 21:38

Is it over? Can I look now? I spent most of that game looking through a gap in my hands.

How thoroughly depressing - as usual, when a good passing side is allowed to impose their style on Reading, we have precisely zero answer to it. I am sure we will bounce back against less technically superior sides but let's be honest, this one is going to the wire isn't it? And we all just know that Reading will bugger it up at the end, don't we?

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 17 Jan 2009 21:42

Well we looked like an average sunday league team today as Swansea made us look like fools!!

they played brillaint passing football and we stood there like we didnt no what to do, Harper and Cisse were invisible today atleast it seemed like it and we created nuffin upfront!

worst display of the Season by far fair play to Fed for keeping the score down !!

willz_royal

by willz_royal » 17 Jan 2009 21:58

We were shit. kebe cannot masquerade as a footballer any longer, shunt needs to sort himself out and start playing to a level to justify his price, and harper needs to stop going missing this often.

Doyle tried hard again, and is almost impossible to dispossess. Campbell-rice will be a great signing to replace keBWAHAHAHAHAHe on the right.

Arrived at the mad stad the same time as the players coach. All but a few slinked away out the back of the coach to avoid the 6 waiting fans, jumping the wooden fence. Liam rosenior (legend) and nhunt stopped for pix, and coppell even grumpily obliged if we followed him to his car. Just nice to see the hours and money put in by the fans to see that utter shambles was appreciated.

Rosenior has to be captain. The bloke puts in so much passion it is unreal. Harper is a waif. And he can stop switching ends now too. Doesnt gain anything from it other than a 100m walk for the keeper.

Must try harder Reading.

Elliott

by Elliott » 17 Jan 2009 22:01

Anyone who went to the game up for giving us some player ratings to ponder...?

108 posts