CONFIRMED - DAVE KITSON SOS (SAVE OUR SEASON!)

455 posts
Harry Carry

Re: Kitson to return?

by Harry Carry » 10 Mar 2009 11:37

LOL @ you all getting excited on his return, when you all slated him for leaving. I take it you wont be cheering him on?

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Mar 2009 11:38

Harry Carry LOL @ you all getting excited on his return, when you all slated him for leaving. I take it you wont be cheering him on?

We certainly won't be calling for the head of our manager as he steers us to wards the top of the table.....

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 10 Mar 2009 11:39

sam1 Tempted as I am to jump on this bandwagon of excitement and optimism, I have to agree with Hugo's very valid points.

i'm pleased to see them back but as with any signings you always have to wait and see. there's no doubt that they both can be good players and our squad was looking thin and we've signed players who won't need as much time to settle in as if we signed completely new players... so maybe a good move. time will tell.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 10 Mar 2009 11:40

Harry Carry LOL @ you all getting excited on his return, when you all slated him for leaving. I take it you wont be cheering him on?

All? Plenty slated him for his attitude last season - and rightly so - but I'm not sure that many slated him for leaving, did they? Consensus seemed to be - Reading ledg got too big for his boots, but hope he does OK at Stoke. Wasn't it?

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Mar 2009 11:40

Deathy Kitson in on loan is great news, albeit surprising after the disruption he partly caused last season.

Is it now established fact or just popular folklore that Kitson caused disruption last season?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 10 Mar 2009 11:42

Royal Rother
Deathy Kitson in on loan is great news, albeit surprising after the disruption he partly caused last season.

Is it now established fact or just popular folklore that Kitson caused disruption last season?

It's either fact or our manager is a liar.

Uke
Hob Nob Legend

by Uke » 10 Mar 2009 11:45

Can Kitson drive again yet?

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 10 Mar 2009 11:45

Alan Partridge
Royal Rother

^zatly.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 10 Mar 2009 11:46

Alan Partridge
Royal Rother

Didn't Kits himself admit it in an interview early on this season?

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 10 Mar 2009 11:48

When we used the high tempo to it's best Little, depsite his lack of pace, was one of the best exponents of it.

He would quite often run and take a corner from 20 yards away or take a quick 'feet and back' throw before the oppo realised what was going on.

WoodleyRoyal
Hob Nob Addict
Location: when was the last time you did something for the first time?

by WoodleyRoyal » 10 Mar 2009 11:49

my understanding was that kitson had beef with shorey for letting england go his head and becoming a cocky arrogant ego maniac, now shoreys gone i cant see there being a problem

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Mar 2009 11:50

Uke Can Kitson drive again yet?

If he completed a drink/driving course then his ban should be finished this week.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 10 Mar 2009 11:51

WoodleyRoyal my understanding was that kitson had beef with shorey for letting england go his head and becoming a cocky arrogant ego maniac, now shoreys gone i cant see there being a problem

Oh the irony

'Sorry mr Chairman but I feel I've taken Cambridge United as far as i can'

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2009 11:55

Alan Partridge
I must admit Snowball I'm surprised at your stance on this considering your clear admiration towards Long.

That's because my stance on Long has been misrepresented throughout the last two months. I like the kid a lot. I think he will be a seriously-good player and I'm on record as saying I think he will score 10 in the Premier, 20 in the Championship or 30 in League 1 (unless he stays as 3rd-4th man at Reading)

But I have ALSO said, time and time again that Doyle-Hunt is BY FAR our best partnership.
But I have ALSO said, time and time again that Doyle-Hunt is BY FAR our best partnership.

My main argument has been that the listers have failed to ACCURATELY assess Shane's contribution., his goals-per minute played, his relative lethality, the IMPORTANCE of many of his goals. The listers "decide" to hate players (Harps, SHunt, Kebe, Long) and once they decide they are blind to the facts.

I think this is a huge kick in the teeth for Shane.

It MIGHT be. If Shane plays well and is dropped for the big name, yes. But he might NOT be dropped, we have to wait and see. He might score a hat-trick tonight and REALLY seem to have broken through. If he does/has I'd expect him to stay in the first 11 until injury or loss of form. But he is still "a kid". Yes he's just 22, but in footballing terms he's about 17 and still loads to learn. That's why I think he might one day be a very, very good player.

But we also know he might start tonight and NOT perform. It's in his hands to step up and prove that Kits is NOT going to take his place.

Ideally we want every position with two excellent players fighting for first-choice.

We have it with the keepers. We now have four wingers (Henry-Little-Kebe-SHunt).. We have Harps, Gunnar, Cisse, Matejovsky, Tabb. Karacan fighting for two spots

Now we have four strikers all wanting to play (and Lita)

But we only have three fit Centre-Backs (with, I guess, Gunnar and Cisse as cover)... and the FBs aren't under any pressure. They should be.

Arsenal have Robin van Persie, Adebayor, Bentdner, Eduardo, Vela, Theo Walcott, and then they buy Arshavin. Managers can't be sentimental. THE thing this year is automatic promotion. Of course Steve should be speaking to Shane in private and TELLING him, he's good enough to keep Kitson from playing. IT WOULD BE FANTASTIC to see Shane Long starting every game until the end of the season. WHY? Because that would only happen if he's is playing brilliantly and scoring goals, and if that is the case we will be promoted. We should hope Kitson can't win a starting spot.

Coppell for whatever reason at the first opportunity has put Noel Hunt to one side, given Lita a chance and now it was Shane's chance in his make or break season.

It still is.

I think Copps thought like me = "Lita isn't right for us" but was almost forced to give him some games after his decent spell at Norwich. His public statement basically said Lita was finished but I believe he tried Lita to see if he really was changed, would fit and become like a new signing. That was a "signing" and it failed.

If Copps didn't take Shane aside and pump the kid up, basically beg him to keep Kitson out of the side and finally prove his worth, not in flashes, but over the hard grind of 11 starts and a fair few 90-minutes... if he didn't do that then I would be angry and disappointed. But surely he will? It's now up to Shane. He could hardly argue if he started three/four/five, never looked like scoring and dropped back to sub.

He MUST be given another chance tonight.

Kitson won't be like Harding or Mooney and happy to sit around waiting for a chance, he's here to play and if he doesn't get his way? Well knowing his previous I wouldn't want him around. I think this leaves Shane in a very harsh situation,he's almost got to produce 8 or 9/10 performances now on a game by game basis, he's going to have to score in most games to keep his place because the first time he doesn't the clamour and temptation to bring Kitson back will be there. Coppell rightly won't take Doyle out of the side and now he's brought Kitson back that's the obvious partnership. I'm sure a lot of yo will rejoice in that this almost definitely means the end of Lita's career here and as for Shane I actually almost feel a bit sorry for him :shock:

Shane wasn't even on the bench, recently. I was pleased for him at Sheffield, and again at Plymouth, but sentiment aside, he HAS to maintain that level with a ten-goal Premiership striker waiting to take his place. Isn't that right and fair?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2009 11:57

Deathy I'm glad Coppell has finally realised Shane Long isn't 'quite' good enough.

Did he ring and tell you that? We need four strikers all chomping at the bit. (and then there's Lita)

Alivey

by Alivey » 10 Mar 2009 12:08

Is this club run by monkeys?!!?? Just proves everyones point that this "NEW READING" team that is suppose to challenging to be in the "PREMIER LEAGUE" is even worse than the one that took us down.. Why bother going up, save the embarassment and stay down!!!

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 10 Mar 2009 12:10

Yesterday it was worse then the one that took us down. Today maybe not.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Alan Partridge » 10 Mar 2009 12:11

Snowball
Alan Partridge
I must admit Snowball I'm surprised at your stance on this considering your clear admiration towards Long.

That's because my stance on Long has been misrepresented throughout the last two months. I like the kid a lot. I think he will be a seriously-good player and I'm on record as saying I think he will score 10 in the Premier, 20 in the Championship or 30 in League 1 (unless he stays as 3rd-4th man at Reading)

My main argument has been that the listers have failed to ACCURATELY assess Shane's contribution., his goals-per minute played, his relative lethality, the IMPORTANCE of many of his goals. The listers "decide" to hate players (Harps, SHunt, Kebe, Long) and once they decide they are blind to the facts.

I think this is a huge kick in the teeth for Shane.

It MIGHT be. If Shane plays well and is dropped for the big name, yes. But he might NOT be dropped, we have to wait and see. He might score a hat-trick tonight and REALLY seem to have broken through. If he does/has I'd expect him to stay in the first 11 until injury or loss of form. But he is still "a kid". Yes he's just 22, but in footballing terms he's about 17 and still loads to learn. That's why I think he might one day be a very, very good player.

But we also know he might start tonight and NOT perform. It's in his hands to step up and prove that Kits is NOT going to take his place.

Ideally we want every position with two excellent players fighting for first-choice.

We have it with the keepers. We now have four wingers (Henry-Little-Kebe-SHunt).. We have Harps, Gunnar, Cisse, Matejovsky, Tabb. Karacan fighting for two spots

Now we have four strikers all wanting to play (and Lita)

But we only have three fit Centre-Backs (with, I guess, Gunnar and Cisse as cover)... and the FBs aren't under any pressure. They should be.

Arsenal have Robin van Persie, Adebayor, Bentdner, Eduardo, Vela, Theo Walcott, and then they buy Arshavin. Managers can't be sentimental. THE thing this year is automatic promotion. Of course Steve should be speaking to Shane in private and TELLING him, he's good enough to keep Kitson from playing. IT WOULD BE FANTASTIC to see Shane Long starting every game until the end of the season. WHY? Because that would only happen if he's is playing brilliantly and scoring goals, and if that is the case we will be promoted. We should hope Kitson can't win a starting spot.

Coppell for whatever reason at the first opportunity has put Noel Hunt to one side, given Lita a chance and now it was Shane's chance in his make or break season.

It still is.

I think Copps thought like me = "Lita isn't right for us" but was almost forced to give him some games after his decent spell at Norwich. His public statement basically said Lita was finished but I believe he tried Lita to see if he really was changed, would fit and become like a new signing. That was a "signing" and it failed.

If Copps didn't take Shane aside and pump the kid up, basically beg him to keep Kitson out of the side and finally prove his worth, not in flashes, but over the hard grind of 11 starts and a fair few 90-minutes... if he didn't do that then I would be angry and disappointed. But surely he will? It's now up to Shane. He could hardly argue if he started three/four/five, never looked like scoring and dropped back to sub.

He MUST be given another chance tonight.

Kitson won't be like Harding or Mooney and happy to sit around waiting for a chance, he's here to play and if he doesn't get his way? Well knowing his previous I wouldn't want him around. I think this leaves Shane in a very harsh situation,he's almost got to produce 8 or 9/10 performances now on a game by game basis, he's going to have to score in most games to keep his place because the first time he doesn't the clamour and temptation to bring Kitson back will be there. Coppell rightly won't take Doyle out of the side and now he's brought Kitson back that's the obvious partnership. I'm sure a lot of yo will rejoice in that this almost definitely means the end of Lita's career here and as for Shane I actually almost feel a bit sorry for him :shock:

Shane wasn't even on the bench, recently. I was pleased for him at Sheffield, and again at Plymouth, but sentiment aside, he HAS to maintain that level with a ten-goal Premiership striker waiting to take his place. Isn't that right and fair?

Actually agree with most although two points

First paragraph, i REALLY can't agree Long will get 20 goals in a season at this level, 10 in the Prem or especially 30 in League 1.

However that point doesn't matter as it's an opinion.

Going onto your final point (as i agree with the middle bit) I actually just think it's unrealistic and actually a bit harsh on Shane to expect him to be consistant enough to keep Kitson at bay so to seem. Kitson has been brought in to play. This guy isn't an unproven person trying to make his way, he's a bloke who was a £5million player a year ago and our top scorer for 3 years. In order for Shane to keep him out for the rest of the season well it's practically impossible unless he scored injust about every game. He will start tonight definitely but one the paperwork goes through the clamour from the fans and maybe the guys upstairs and the temptation from Coppell to play Kitson will be there. The first moment there is a chance for Kitson to play then he will be in.

Shane still has question marks over his all round game, I saw Coppell mentioned his unpredicitablity and almost his awkwardness as major plusses in his game, which is fair enough but it does almost make him perfect sub material. I think because of this though he will always attract people that don't like or rate him. The buzz that went around the ground when Lita returned against Watford and also when Kitson and Little return is something that Long can never do. A lot of it is nostalgia i suppose in thinking what so and so did before, Shane still hasn't answered a lot of questions.

It's an important time for the team obviously but it's also crunch time for Long, he's in the team now on merit, but I feel for him personally that he's under even more pressure to deliver, a pressure that again for him personally is unrealistic.

Alivey

by Alivey » 10 Mar 2009 12:15

Davie Kitson was one of my favourite reading player of all times, he is a legend to me and these boards were full of people slagging off kits and shorey if anything they deserve plaudits for speaking the truth, the club is run by monkeys wally "downes" if you can call him that shouldnt be employed after teh shambles of last season and Coppell she be hiding under his "Umbrella ella ella" because he was clueless and still is!! Only reason Madejski sticks with him is that he knows Coppella ella ella eh eh is so cheap and wont ever ask for money like a real manager. Let's keep bringing back old players, what next sonko???? oster????? or maybe try investing in players that are not "ONE FOR THE FUTURE" and get one that is "FOR THE PRESENT" and because right now we are "ONE FOR THE PAST". ARE YOU LISTENING COPPELL

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Mar 2009 12:17

Alivey 'us'

Odd use of the word by you....

455 posts