OO AA Phillip Parkinson

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

OO AA Phillip Parkinson

by The Cap » 06 Mar 2009 10:33

Surely with the Charltun game round the corner, peoples' thoughts must be wondering to the sight of the RFC legend known as Phillip Parkinson stood on the touchline. Apparently the 'Chron' reports that when Murts was on his loan spell, the rest of the Charltun boys didn't have a clue that the man Parkinson is held in such high regard by us RFCers.

So the odds are that there'll be at least one good rendition of 'OO AA Phillip Parkinson' next Tuesday. :wink:

Chuckle Brother

Re: OO AA Phillip Parkinson

by Chuckle Brother » 06 Mar 2009 12:29

Not from me.

I always thought it was a bit naff so didn't sing it when he played for us, so I won't be starting now.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Mar 2009 12:45

Parky's going to get us!
Parky's going to get us!

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 06 Mar 2009 12:50

I seem to remember he got a polite round of applause at the Valley when we were last time

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 06 Mar 2009 13:04

Huntley & Palmer I seem to remember he got a polite round of applause at the Valley when we were last time

Wasn't Pardew manager of them and Parky Assistant when we last played them? He will get a good welcome - from those who have been around long enough to rmember him :wink:

PlasticRoyale
Hob Nob Regular

by PlasticRoyale » 06 Mar 2009 13:05

Huntley & Palmer I seem to remember he got a polite round of applause at the Valley when we were last time

Reading fans in polite applause shocker... :wink:

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 06 Mar 2009 13:07

did you know that Parky is on 30k a year at Charlton. Thats what he was on when assistant to Pardew, and the reason he got the job was because he agreed to stay on the same wage.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 06 Mar 2009 13:09

Aslong as people dont sing that awful parkinson song i dont care. The....`1 parkinson,2parkinsons` and all the rubbish. does my head in. its boring and ugly

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 06 Mar 2009 13:19

LoyalRoyal22 Aslong as people dont sing that awful parkinson song i dont care. The....`1 parkinson,2parkinsons` and all the rubbish. does my head in. its boring and ugly

Looking forward to this one and you can be sure 5 Parkinsons will be sung and quite rightly so! Legend. :lol:

(How can a song be ugly?)

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 06 Mar 2009 13:36

Terminal Boardom

Wasn't Pardew manager of them and Parky Assistant when we last played them? He will get a good welcome - from those who have been around long enough to rmember him :wink:

Last two times in fact, so not really any need to do anything to be honest

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 06 Mar 2009 13:36

watfordroyal
LoyalRoyal22 Aslong as people dont sing that awful parkinson song i dont care. The....`1 parkinson,2parkinsons` and all the rubbish. does my head in. its boring and ugly

Looking forward to this one and you can be sure 5 Parkinsons will be sung and quite rightly so! Legend. :lol:

(How can a song be ugly?)

I'm sure it won't, it's for Christmas time only

hutch

by hutch » 06 Mar 2009 14:14

He deserves a massive round of applause for everything he did for us, a true RFC legend, I hope he does really well at Charlton-starting next season in league 1 of course. :D .

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 06 Mar 2009 14:33

I must confess to having a soft spot for Charlton in fact the way these things work I should have been supporting the club for the past 52 years. My earliest recollection of Sports Report and Eamonn Andrews (da dum da dum da dadada dum da dadada dum dada) was the top story of Charlton coming back from 5-1 down at The Valley to beat Huddersfield 7-6 in the last half hour, a bloke called Johnny Summers scored five goals. I followed Charlton in the papers after that but never actually got to The Valley until the mid sixties and was struck by the awesome size of the place prior to the four new stands in place today. They had some real characters in the team back then including Charlie Wright and Harry Gregory and at a time when all terrace hooligans had a "leader" the Addicks boasted the notorious Henry Irvine.
I hadn`t been to The Valley for years, but while doing the knowledge in 1991 I witnessed the extaordinary sight of hundreds of Charlton supporters one Sunday, all volunteers working feverishly to finish work on the stadium in time for the clubs return after years in the wilderness.
My fondness for the club is obviously further enhanced now Oo aah Parkie is in charge, but it seems they will have to get a result against us next week to stand any chance of staying up. I can`t go that far though, sorry lads sadly its the third tier for you next season, but at least not for the first time.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 Mar 2009 14:59

.........And a Philip Parkinson!

BTW The Cap, thought you would have done him the honour of spelling his name correctly! :wink:

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 06 Mar 2009 18:54

Yeah I did wonder about the second 'l' but you know what it's like sometimes - can't always be a*sed to double check 'n all that. The man that is 'Parky the legend'. As Murts has noted, Charltun need Parky - not as manager but as the player that he used to be. Covering every blade of grass and letting the opposition know that 'Parky's gonna get ya!' :lol:

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 06 Mar 2009 21:50

he's back- can't wait

Chaney
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Phil Parkinson

by Chaney » 08 Mar 2009 15:24

I am wondering if this is Parky`s first return here since he left?..I think he may have come back with Judas as his assistant, anyway this guy is a RFC legend and I hope he gets a good cheer that he deserves when he takes his place on the touchline on Tuesday

Cookie

Re: Phil Parkinson

by Cookie » 08 Mar 2009 15:27

Chaney I am wondering if this is Parky`s first return here since he left?..I think he may have come back with Judas as his assistant, anyway this guy is a RFC legend and I hope he gets a good cheer that he deserves when he takes his place on the touchline on Tuesday

Hip-hip-hooray Parkie's back in town.
Hip-hip-hooray he's taking Charlton down.

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 08 Mar 2009 15:37

HHe'll get a rousing reception from me. A limited player, definately, not too much pace but a decent 2nd division player none-the-less, and committed as fcuk. Parky was the epitome of Reading when he played. And some people forget (or are unaware) that he was very very close to being sold by Tommy Burns to Wycombe in 1998. I believe he turned them down though.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 08 Mar 2009 15:43

Ian Royal Parky's going to get us!
Parky's going to get us!

"Parky's gonna get us!" shirley?