Would Doyle be stupid to go to Wolves?

182 posts
georgerob

Re: Would Doyle be stupid to go to Wolves?

by georgerob » 24 Jun 2009 10:32

brendywendy
Harry Carry Why would he be stupid? A bigger club, Prem football, more money. Thread over.

100% agreed

yeah but your missing the point, he could got to a much bigger and better club than Wolves such as Everton who are in Europe thats if the offer comes in. Although he maybe wouldn't start every game Doyle's attitude and way he plays the game with 100% effort and commitment means David Moyes could favour him over the other strikers in the club. As well although its not Doyle's favourite position he can play out on the wing when needed and in goal if necessary :)

Royal We
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal We » 24 Jun 2009 10:52

The answer to the original question is probably "Yes"

However, the only reason he's not already signed for one club (Fulham) is that another club (Sunderland) is looking to offer him a better deal - allegedly.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 24 Jun 2009 10:53

georgerob
brendywendy
Harry Carry Why would he be stupid? A bigger club, Prem football, more money. Thread over.

100% agreed

yeah but your missing the point, he could got to a much bigger and better club than Wolves such as Everton who are in Europe thats if the offer comes in. Although he maybe wouldn't start every game Doyle's attitude and way he plays the game with 100% effort and commitment means David Moyes could favour him over the other strikers in the club. As well although its not Doyle's favourite position he can play out on the wing when needed and in goal if necessary :)

He could go to Real Madrid....if the offer comes in.

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 24 Jun 2009 11:20

Ian Royal It's unlikely, but I can see situations where people could lose their jobs.

And it's quite possible the source will stop providing information even if nothing else will happen.

that is why i don't want to say the other club that has triggered the clause. If i tell you lot before even a rumour starts then i'm not going to be told anything again

Knowing myself>greater than telling you lot and not knowing anything at all

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 24 Jun 2009 11:32

gazzer, loyal royal as i said on the rumour thread, there is nother club that have triggered the release clause.

Doyle is more interested in going to this other club, the reason not to go to Wolves is if he can't agree terms with the other club

(yes, i know who the other club is, but can't say)

why cant you say? go on we wont tell anyone fellow hobnobber

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 24 Jun 2009 11:44

gazzer, loyal royal
Ian Royal It's unlikely, but I can see situations where people could lose their jobs.

And it's quite possible the source will stop providing information even if nothing else will happen.

that is why i don't want to say the other club that has triggered the clause. If i tell you lot before even a rumour starts then i'm not going to be told anything again

If you're not in a position to share, why did you open your mouth and say there's another club involved in the first place?

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 24 Jun 2009 11:47

rhroyal
gazzer, loyal royal

If you're not in a position to share, why did you open your mouth and say there's another club involved in the first place?

He's trying to make himself look important. But failing......

gazzer, loyal royal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Khalifa Cisse sleeps with the light on, not because he is afraid of the dark, but because the dark i

by gazzer, loyal royal » 24 Jun 2009 11:56

rhroyal
gazzer, loyal royal

because the thread says "would Doyle br stupid to move to Wolves". All i'm saying is i know for a fact that he would be when there is another, more established premiership club in for him

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 24 Jun 2009 11:56

Nice little blog about Doyle's possible destination: http://thereadingfan.wordpress.com/2009 ... he-off-to/

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 24 Jun 2009 11:57

gazzer, loyal royal because the thread says "would Doyle br stupid to move to Wolves". All i'm saying is i know for a fact that he would be when there is another, more established premiership club in for him

Is it Fulham, Everton, Bolton or Sunderland? All four of them have been linked with Doyle in the past month and I don't know anyone who knows anyone in the know.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 24 Jun 2009 12:01

SteveRoyal Nice little blog about Doyle's possible destination: http://thereadingfan.wordpress.com/2009 ... he-off-to/

Whoever this is, I'm not going to take his blog seriously until he stops referring to Hahnemann as a country and spells Bullivant correctly.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jun 2009 12:26

Thaumagurist*
SteveRoyal Nice little blog about Doyle's possible destination: http://thereadingfan.wordpress.com/2009 ... he-off-to/

Whoever this is, I'm not going to take his blog seriously until he stops referring to Hahnemann as a country and spells Bullivant correctly.

I bet that's really upset them. :roll:

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 24 Jun 2009 13:52

Love the Wolves Chairman's ability to contradict himself within a sentence:

"Kevin Doyle is an excellent player, but we don't talk about the players we're looking at."

"If a player like Kevin Doyle becomes available then we have to be interested, but we'd rather not comment on any individual."

............ :roll: :lol:

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 24 Jun 2009 13:52

rhroyal Love the Wolves Chairman's ability to contradict himself within a sentence:

"Kevin Doyle is an excellent player, but we don't talk about the players we're looking at."

"If a player like Kevin Doyle becomes available then we have to be interested, but we'd rather not comment on any individual."

Indeed, he sounds like a tapping up tosser.

Wolfatthedoor

by Wolfatthedoor » 24 Jun 2009 14:13

Thaumagurist*

Says the man who can't even spell his own user name correctly.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Jun 2009 17:01

Thaumagurist*
rhroyal Love the Wolves Chairman's ability to contradict himself within a sentence:

Indeed, he sounds like a tapping up tosser.

How can it be tapping up? Those few lines aren't tapping up and they've had a fricking bid put in that has to be accepted you halfwit.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 24 Jun 2009 19:44

At last clear evidence why it would be stupid for Kev to go to Wolves:

http://www.skysports.com/football/league/0,19540,11660,00.html

Why join a team rooted in 20th position?

:lol:

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 25 Jun 2009 13:43

Royals stand firm over price for duo
Reading insist they are firmly in the driving seat over the possible sales of star players Kevin Doyle and Stephen Hunt this summer.

The Royals are resigned to losing the Republic of Ireland duo this summer, but director of football Nick Hammond is adamant the club's two most-prized assets will only be leaving if the deal is right.

Doyle has been linked with Wolves, Sunderland, Bolton, Fulham and Everton, while the Toffees and Black Cats are also admirers of Hunt.

"It is only right we get as much as we can for any player we sell on. I won't be pushing any deal through I don't think is right for us financially or from a team point of view," Hammond told the Reading Chronicle.

"When you think we have players who have performed at Premier League and international level there is bound to be strong interest in them.

"Look, Kevin Doyle is a proven goalscorer and they are always sought after so of course clubs will be looking at him.

"It is the same situation with Stephen Hunt. I would love them both to be with us here next season, but sometimes you just have to move on."

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 25 Jun 2009 18:13

I would rather we took a bit of a hit of the price in order to get them out sooner rather than later

That way we have more time to do our business in rebuilding and Rodgers has a better idea of how much he might have to spend

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 26 Jun 2009 03:44

Boy, they're really talking up Hunt moving on and no one appears to be biting.

182 posts