281 posts
Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Madejski Out and I mean Out

by Royalee » 21 Aug 2009 18:23

Royal Lady
Royalee
FiNeRaIn
Negotiating is the easy part ffs, finding and deciding to buy ( mostly coppells work) is the challenge. LOL@ directors of football, complete waste of time.

LOL

Two words. Dennis Wise.

Slightly different situation to the one at our club being as the manager didn't want him there and he was appointed behind his back. Rodgers and Hammond communicate freely at our club and get on, as do many directors of football with their managers.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 21 Aug 2009 18:25

I don't doubt Hammond is pretty effective as a DoF, I reckon most others are a waste of time though.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Aug 2009 18:34

Royalee
FiNeRaIn
Negotiating is the easy part ffs, finding and deciding to buy ( mostly coppells work) is the challenge. LOL@ directors of football, complete waste of time.

LOL

A sure sign anyone has lost an argument when they can't counter your points, my work here is done. Coppell spotted some great players for us, he really did have an eye for a talent.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 21 Aug 2009 18:43

Sir Dodger Royal I watched the game from the comfort of Dodger's settee..........

.........in just his underpants I expect. :roll:

Reeeeaaaallllll Faaaaaaccctttttssssssss!!!!!!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Aug 2009 18:43

FiNeRaIn
Royalee
FiNeRaIn

LOL

A sure sign anyone has lost an argument when they can't counter your points, my work here is done. Coppell spotted some great players for us, he really did have an eye for a talent.

Except it was Dolan and McDermott who found him really wasn't it? Coppell went to watch him finally after they'd seen him play 3 or 4 times. I just had to laugh at your naivety at how negotiation and getting value for money is easy as if it's something out of Football Manager whereas finding players (which a manager will get his scouts to do anyway and should already have some in mind in the first place having a decent knowledge of the footballing world) is the hardest thing ever.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Aug 2009 18:46

Royal Lady I don't doubt Hammond is pretty effective as a DoF, I reckon most others are a waste of time though.

Real Madrid, Barcelona, AC Milan, Juventus, Fiorentina, Napoli, Benfica and Chelsea have them in addition to many other clubs - are they a waste of time at those successful clubs?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Aug 2009 18:51

Completely disagree, but you are entitled to your opinion.

You've got no evidence to suggest that if all those sacked their DOF they would be any less successful.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 21 Aug 2009 18:54

FiNeRaIn Completely disagree, but you are entitled to your opinion.

You've got no evidence to suggest that if all those sacked their DOF they would be any less successful.

No evidence to say they would be more successful without in recent years.

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 21 Aug 2009 19:05

Its very difficult to generalise about Dof F's because the role they play varies enormously from club to club. For example the role that Sven is playing is very different from that of Hammond in that Svens role is all about the technical side of things and bringing in new talent. It makes sense for a non football owner like JM to have someone who is firmly a Board man and can give a second opinion on issues arising from the manager and coaching team. Hammonds role is purely to act as the mouthpiece of JM on a day to day basis, advise JM on football issues and ensure adherance to the strict financial guidelines set down by the Board.

Good as Coppell was at assessing raw talent it was in fact Eamon Dolans brother who recommended Doyle and others and Coppell only looked at them after Eamon had flagged up their potential.

Roy Alsup

by Roy Alsup » 21 Aug 2009 22:53

Sir Dodger Royal Two hundred and seventy minutes of absolute rubbish over three games. Reading are clueless and have no idea what they are doing. Frankly John Madejski is clearly to blame for Reading's failings through his lack of investment over the past two seasons.

When he talks of wanting Premiership football then you need more than just sound bites. He has raked in the cash and says Reading have no money. He seems to employ a bunch of YES people who dare not challenge his views. He has a big ego and knows nothing about football. If there is one person who needs transferring out of Reading FC it is John Madejski.

Real Facts from the main man. You know it's time to go John so **** off. ASAP. Real Advice.

Best Regards Sir Dodger Royal.

OK, so maybe we could have invested more when we were in the premier league to stay there, but Coppell had the money and couldnt/wouldn't get the players to do that. Now we are where we find ourselves, I think Big John should actually be admired for taking a very brave decision to use the premier league dollar to help implement a pretty radical long term strategy to build something sustainable for the future based on employing a bunch of people who share his vision and are capable of implementing it?

RichieBowman

by RichieBowman » 21 Aug 2009 23:18

OK, so maybe we could have invested more when we were in the premier league to stay there, but Coppell had the money and couldnt/wouldn't get the players to do that. Now we are where we find ourselves, I think Big John should actually be admired for taking a very brave decision to use the premier league dollar to help implement a pretty radical long term strategy to build something sustainable for the future based on employing a bunch of people who share his vision and are capable of implementing it?

What a load of Oxford. I hardly feel that selling the better players and not reinvesting in the squad is radical. We will be mid table this season if we are lucky. The only long term strategy your Big John(sic) has is with selling the club as he has stated so many times in the past.

Roy Alsup

by Roy Alsup » 21 Aug 2009 23:46

RichieBowman
What a load of Oxford. I hardly feel that selling the better players and not reinvesting in the squad is radical. We will be mid table this season if we are lucky. The only long term strategy your Big John(sic) has is with selling the club as he has stated so many times in the past.

Like I said, mistakes were made by the club as a whole 2 years ago, but I don't really think we had any choice about anyone who left the club this year or last. After last season it is time for something different, we have some youngsters with potential and we have just paid 2 million for one player and have another 1.8million bid on the table with no sign there isn't going to be more if BR thinks it's required as things progress. I accept we will be mid table at best this year, but that doesn't count as long term.

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 22 Aug 2009 00:03

Roy Alsup
RichieBowman

Like I said, mistakes were made by the club as a whole 2 years ago, but I don't really think we had any choice about anyone who left the club this year or last. After last season it is time for something different, we have some youngsters with potential and we have just paid 2 million for one player and have another 1.8million bid on the table with no sign there isn't going to be more if BR thinks it's required as things progress. I accept we will be mid table at best this year, but that doesn't count as long term.

Bloody hell someone with sense on HobNob. I agree and applaud everything you say. Next time people are at the Mad Stad and wonder where all the "money" has gone, can you please open your eyes and see that the answer is right in front of you! That stadium cost £50 million and how/who do people think has paid for it all?

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 22 Aug 2009 00:37

I was there at Elm Park
Roy Alsup
RichieBowman

Bloody hell someone with sense on HobNob. I agree and applaud everything you say. Next time people are at the Mad Stad and wonder where all the "money" has gone, can you please open your eyes and see that the answer is right in front of you! That stadium cost £50 million and how/who do people think has paid for it all?

hmm the stadium was part of a bigger land deal (buying for near to nothing, reclaiming the area and selling to developers) that Mr Mad made something like 20M - it wasn't all selfless charity - nor should it be - he's a businessman

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 22 Aug 2009 10:02

I was there at Elm Park Next time people are at the Mad Stad and wonder where all the "money" has gone, can you please open your eyes and see that the answer is right in front of you! That stadium cost £50 million and how/who do people think has paid for it all?

Not SJM, that's for sure.

There is a world of difference between paying money towards developing the stadium and underwriting a bank loan.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 22 Aug 2009 10:48

Sir Dodger Royal Emmmmmm Time for night cap. Good night boys. The main man is signing off and to gives Mrs Dodger a good slaggingggggggggg

Boy do I feel sorry for that woman.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 22 Aug 2009 10:57

rotherwick_royal
Sir Dodger Royal Emmmmmm Time for night cap. Good night boys. The main man is signing off and to gives Mrs Dodger a good slaggingggggggggg

Boy do I feel sorry for that woman.

Dont forget that Mrs Dodger is the name of SDR's pet dog.

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

Brick by Brick

by Schards#2 » 22 Aug 2009 17:55

We have witnessed the slow destruction of a quality team as, player by player, they have left to be replaced with inferior and, most importantly, cheaper players. And with it the crowds have fallen and the belief of supporters has fallen away.....brick by brick.

Hard to see progress for the forseeable future? An understatement.

Demand for tickets is falling? An understatement.

Madejski has set out his stall to be a financially viable Championship/Div 1 team. Any success beyond that will be a pleasant surprise to him. If you're happy with that paucity of ambition, good luck to you.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Brick by Brick

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2009 18:16

Can see this being merged somewhere but agree, he's ruining the club.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brick by Brick

by howser » 22 Aug 2009 18:30

He is destroying it, he is now just dismantling it brick-by-brick, we had all the opportunities to build on our brilliant success but Mr Money Mad has soundly seen to that.
Last edited by howser on 22 Aug 2009 19:14, edited 1 time in total.

281 posts