Madejski Out and I mean Out

281 posts
Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Brick by Brick

by Terminal Boardom » 22 Aug 2009 20:59

So instead of hiding behind people why doesn't Johnny Mad come out and say wtf is actually going on! The football club was here long before him - and the rest of us. Hopefully it will be for a lot longer after we are dust.

I want some honesty from the second hand car dealer. I don't want to read it in the Scrote because their idea of journalism is not the same as mine. Where has the money gone. If it has gone on loans and overdrafts then what were the loans and overdrafts for. Tell us the truth. WE are the customers and in any business, no customers = no business.

Tamworth_Royal
Location: She's got a tongue like an electric eel and she likes the taste of a man's tonsils.

by Tamworth_Royal » 22 Aug 2009 21:00

Wycombe Royal
FiNeRaIn What would we have an overdraft for? Isn't an overdraft supposed to be relatively short term?

Overdrafts are ongoing debt and it only needs to be repaid if the bank remove the facility or if you want to pay it off. I have no idea whch of those it is but we have paid it off.

So tell us Wycombe where has all the money gone, we spent an extra year in the Prem than Sheff U, why are they spending millions on players and they haven't sold £30M + worth of players.

Difference ........ they what to go back up and back it with action, we have a wet whimp of a chairman who hopes we do but isn't prepared to back it ...... he's just sucking the life out of the club and the money's going somewhere. Ps what happened to all of last years transfer money as well

wolsey
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Wishing I was young enough and crass enough to care

by wolsey » 22 Aug 2009 21:03

Wycombe Royal I don't believe I was responding to you.

What about the other questions I raised? Any ideas?

I was there at Elm Park

Re: Peeved

by I was there at Elm Park » 22 Aug 2009 21:03

The Real Sandhurst Royal No home league win since we played Wolves back in January 2008.

People seem to have forgotten that. We were woeful from then on in and that was with all the players who have left. Were we that much worse today then some of the performances at the end of last year, no. Rodgers has a real job on his hands not just with the financial position but he also has to deal with all the problems that had developed under Coppell. Give him time, we'll be this season's Doncaster.

eleventh earl of mar

by eleventh earl of mar » 22 Aug 2009 21:13

[quote="The Real Sandhurst Royal"]No home league win since we played Wolves back in January 2008.

quote]

Do you mean Jan 2009?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2009 21:15

handbags_harris
MeMeMe I spend my hard earned money to watch my team win...

You sound like you're a spoilt brat to be honest. You're going to be disappointed as much as you're not. This club is in a position where it will win as many as it loses, and has historically been in that position. I personally pay my money to support my team, and if they win then great, if they lose then I hope they've lost defiantly, if they draw then I hope it's through hard luck. But you can't expect good performances every week, sometimes it just doesn't come together for whatever reason - be it form, opposition, or downright shit tactics. We can't all have what we want - take the rough with the smooth and all that.

Although the general sentiment I sort of agree with - I do wonder where the money's gone.

Well not only that. We are paying a lot higher money on season tickets than we did last time in the championship....and to watch last seasons reserve team. Its farcical really.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 22 Aug 2009 21:16

FiNeRaIn
handbags_harris
MeMeMe I spend my hard earned money to watch my team win...

You sound like you're a spoilt brat to be honest. You're going to be disappointed as much as you're not. This club is in a position where it will win as many as it loses, and has historically been in that position. I personally pay my money to support my team, and if they win then great, if they lose then I hope they've lost defiantly, if they draw then I hope it's through hard luck. But you can't expect good performances every week, sometimes it just doesn't come together for whatever reason - be it form, opposition, or downright shit tactics. We can't all have what we want - take the rough with the smooth and all that.

Although the general sentiment I sort of agree with - I do wonder where the money's gone.

Well not only that. We are paying a lot higher money on season tickets than we did last time in the championship....and to watch last seasons reserve team. Its farcical really.

Then don't go. Oh.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2009 21:17

I don't plan on renewing my season ticket until a change of regime, can't be arsed with the club taking the piss out of the fans anymore.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 22 Aug 2009 21:19

FiNeRaIn I don't plan on renewing my season ticket until a change of regime, can't be arsed with the club taking the piss out of the fans anymore.

Great show of support. Perhaps you can also stop posting about how the team played when you aren't there to make a fair judgement.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 22 Aug 2009 21:19

Deathy
FiNeRaIn I don't plan on renewing my season ticket until a change of regime, can't be arsed with the club taking the piss out of the fans anymore.

Great show of support.

Just mirroring the clubs show of support to the fans.

JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo

by JoeyJoeJoeJnrShabadoo » 22 Aug 2009 21:22

OK, so the MINTS day idea doesn't seem to have taken off (I might see if Hinty can do something).

How about we all go to McDonalds before the game and buy some food and chuck it at Madejski.

Call it MACCA's day - Madejski 'As Cut Cloth Accordingly

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 22 Aug 2009 21:44

Tamworth_Royal
Wycombe Royal
FiNeRaIn What would we have an overdraft for? Isn't an overdraft supposed to be relatively short term?

Overdrafts are ongoing debt and it only needs to be repaid if the bank remove the facility or if you want to pay it off. I have no idea whch of those it is but we have paid it off.

So tell us Wycombe where has all the money gone, we spent an extra year in the Prem than Sheff U, why are they spending millions on players and they haven't sold £30M + worth of players.

Difference ........ they what to go back up and back it with action, we have a wet whimp of a chairman who hopes we do but isn't prepared to back it ...... he's just sucking the life out of the club and the money's going somewhere. Ps what happened to all of last years transfer money as well

Sheffiled United have about 10-15k more turning up to watch them for a start. They've also sold the likes of Beattie, Naughton/Walker etc. Not to mention the fact that they've just got quite a bit of cash from the Tevez fallout.

How many other teams with an average gate of 20k are spending millions?

WR is right, the banks see we haven't got massive revenue streams and have now called in the overdraft. If you lent money to someone who had a 30k a year job and suddenly they were on 10k, wouldn't you want your money back sooner rather then later?

We have money to spend, BR will spend it, he's said so again tonight. What he won't do is panic buy and pay over the odds because then there is less money for other targets and to replace players (i.e if Fedders broke a leg etc)

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 22 Aug 2009 22:02

Coming back to the Brick by brick point.
Leaving the ground we were talking about last season when we finished 4th,yes 4th so not far at all from automatic promotion.
Most clubs in that position,especially with one year's parachute under their belts plus the residue of the 2nd Premiership season plus the knowledge that there is another £11 million this season to come would surely have taken the view that probably a couple of ADDITIONS to the squad could see us in with a shout of promotion again.

If we had finished say 15th I would understand the cull but we finished 4th,or am I imagining it?
Nobody,as an earlier poster has said,was expecting a Man City level of new signings,but even if Doyle,Hunt and Bikey couldn't be persuaded to stay I would have thought that say £6 or £7 million of the transfer receipts at the very least would have been invested in new players as replacements.
My conclusion is what people used to say incessantly years ago "the club doesn't want promotion" was and is correct and whereas in my innocent younger days I could never believe that to be true I have to say that in these more advanced and cynical years I do believe it now to be true.

If the club had been honest pre-season and actually said on the lines of "this season your tickets will be reduced by 20% because we acknowledge this to be a season of change when we will give all of our young players a chance,something which we know the fans have been waiting for just as much as the club has because of the vast investment in The Academy" I reckon the 11,000 season ticket holders might well have jumped to say 14,000.
That could have meant more long-term guaranteed revenue and the fans might well have appreciated such honesty and felt that they too were part of this change and we are all in it together,club and fans as one.
As it is I feel that a lot of fans regard the approach of the club as deceitful especially when we are treated as idiots by the club in being expected to accept the hype about ambition which still gets spouted by club staff.

One final point about the subject of booing.
Winchester Royal implied that the young players would be affected-the only booing addressed to the board came at the very end when many were asking where the money has gone and I didn't hear any of the young players being booed.
I think our fans have shown great tolerance when we haven't seen a league win at home since (?) January and those fans want these young players to do well so don't pretend that any of the players are getting a hard time from the fans,it just isn't true.

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 22 Aug 2009 22:02

LOl @ consistently making excuses

Sheff Utd have loads of money, Newcastle has just come down, Forest spent loads in the summer...

time to face the music I'm afraid.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Aug 2009 22:02

Schards#2 We have witnessed the slow destruction of a quality team as, player by player, they have left to be replaced with inferior and, most importantly, cheaper players. And with it the crowds have fallen and the belief of supporters has fallen away.....brick by brick.

Hard to see progress for the forseeable future? An understatement.

Demand for tickets is falling? An understatement.

Madejski has set out his stall to be a financially viable Championship/Div 1 team. Any success beyond that will be a pleasant surprise to him. If you're happy with that paucity of ambition, good luck to you.

I didn't agree with you last season, but the systematic fire sale and the isolation of Harper means the agenda is clearly to reduce the wage bill and replace with inferior/youth team players. Coppell assembled a team over a couple of seasons of nobodys that went on to gel into a team I doubt we'll see the likes of again. Can Rodgers do the same? Certainly Mr Mad hopes so. If not, we're phuqued. I'm not that hopefull to be honest.

shoey

Re: Madejski Out and I mean Out

by shoey » 22 Aug 2009 23:13

SJM saved this club, has bank rolled it for years before the last few good days years, and i will never want a man out of the club who has saved it from dying.
he also has said if the right backer come in he would step aside, and no one has,
plus id rather have the nice stadium, academy than be broke like pompey, newcastle and other badly managed teams

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 22 Aug 2009 23:13

Wimb WR is right, the banks see we haven't got massive revenue streams and have now called in the overdraft. If you lent money to someone who had a 30k a year job and suddenly they were on 10k, wouldn't you want your money back sooner rather then later?

where did the overdraft come from?

The club figures show we didn't have one at all in 2006/7, yet it was £7 million the following year. We made a £6 million profit in both of those seasons.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 22 Aug 2009 23:14

shoey SJM saved this club, has bank rolled it for years before the last few good days years, and i will never want a man out of the club who has saved it from dying.
he also has said if the right backer come in he would step aside, and no one has,
plus id rather have the nice stadium, academy than be broke like pompey, newcastle and other badly managed teams

Wouldn't be so sure of that if I were you.

shoey

by shoey » 22 Aug 2009 23:19

prove me wrong then :o

Wimb
Hob Nob Regular

by Wimb » 22 Aug 2009 23:21

Some 'fans' of the club couldn't even be arsed to turn up for a playoff semi final at home :(

281 posts