430 posts
Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

Re: FAO Jimmy Kebe

by Big Foot » 28 Feb 2010 20:06

Sun Tzu
Franchise FC
Big Foot Kebe for player of the season

That is not so far fetched as it might have sounded 6 weeks ago. :shock: 8)

Adding confidence and direction to the natural talent he clearly already had could make for quite an interesting mix.

He really should be ripping defences apart in this division.

His finish for his second goal was very interesting, he really thumped the ball home and if that is the side of Jimmy that is starting to emerge we will have fireworks to come !

Notice too that it was with his left foot, in similar vein to his record breaking goal vs West Brom. The man is a genius, he can clearly shoot with both feet.

If he could cross with his left foot instead of cutting back to use his right then I think I'd actually marry him tbf

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 28 Feb 2010 20:31

Yeah but Jimmy may not be the marrying type.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 28 Feb 2010 20:33

Spacey wil probably want to marry him, seeing as he speaks the lovely French language...

Gandalf Presley

by Gandalf Presley » 28 Feb 2010 21:28

To the tune of 'Let it be'

We were wrong
We were wrong
We were wrong
We were wrong
Forgive us Jimmy Kebe
We were wrong

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 28 Feb 2010 21:30

at least they love him back home

" Ancien joueur du CA Vitry, Jimmy Kébé évolue depuis
2008 outre-manche à Reading, club de seconde division
anglaise. Jusqu’ici rien d’extraordinaire. Tout du moins
jusqu’au 13 février dernier, date qui pourrait bien faire
entrer le Vitriot dans les annales du foot britannique.
Le milieu de terrain franco-malien, qui vient de fêter ses
26 ans, a fait parler de lui en inscrivant le but le plus rapide
de la Coupe d’Angleterre lors du match entre Reading
et West Bromwich. Neuf secondes et une grosse erreur
de la défense adverse lui ont, en effet, suffit pour tromper
le gardien. Une ouverture du score qui pourrait bien être
le record si un joueur d’Ashton United ne revendiquait pas
un but au bout de quatre secondes en 2001, ce que la
fédération britannique n’a jamais vérifié."

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 28 Feb 2010 21:42

sounds like he likes us in this interview - but isn't insensitive to the lure of the Prem or Ligue Un. lets hope he enjoys the adulation more...

http://www.mercato365.com/etranger/angl ... nce-.shtml

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 28 Feb 2010 21:56

Translation please. I flunked out of French lessons.

1shotwonder

by 1shotwonder » 28 Feb 2010 22:03

courtesy of google translate :lol: : Former Lensois and Boulogne Kebé Jimmy shines in Cup this time with Reading. Party discovering the Premier League, he currently plays in maintaining the second division and does not return to France this summer.
Jimmy Kebe, join England was your dream. But since your arrival, Reading went down to the second division and now struggle to maintain. Fortunately, you shine in Cup where you are now qualified to quarterfinals ...
That's clear. Last year, when we came down from the Premier League, we kept the number to try to climb quickly. It was virtually the entire season in good position. If we win the last game of the season, back in the Premier League. But we lost. We then played the play-offs for the climb but was again tilted. After the club had sold players. This season there have been many changes in players and staff. It is not clear. Here, we play continued. We hope to continue. The Cup is so special for us.

A race where you qualified Wednesday for the quarter-final against West Bromwich Albion ...
We won the second game 3-2 after extra time. I score the first goal and I'm the assist on the second which gives us extra time. Then we mark the third. We won 3-2 and they will face Aston Villa in the quarterfinals.

In the first game, you went into the history of the Cup by scoring probably could order the rapid test. Tell us ...
They had the commitment. It was instructed to press early in the game because we were at home. They are commitment and pass the ball laterally. I pressed, he stumbled a bit, I get the ball. I file the order, he remains a supporter, I shifted a little to the left and knock. At first, I did not perform too. I do not say that I scored the fastest goal in the history of the FA Cup. I say it's good, it's good for the game. After the meeting, everyone comes to me and say that I entered history with the fastest goal of the test. I was happy.

"I do not regret having come"

For you, the dream was to join England. Now, how would you assess your journey to Britain?
England is exactly as I heard him speak in terms of football. I heard that the English league was one of the best in Europe: I was not disappointed. Although for me it did not last long. I spent six months in the Premier League before going down. But in public, it's really different and I do not regret at all for coming.

The English-D2 is also something that the L2 French?
Yes, that's clear. I think there's a big difference between League 1 and League 2 in France. In England, between the Premier League and Championship, there is not much difference. Here, we play every three days, I do not know in France in Ligue 2. It's nice to play football every three days.

And you encounter mythical football clubs English as Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Ipswich, QPR, Nottingham Forest ...
Yes, that's clear. There are always big teams like Newcastle who went down but kept all his best players virtually. The championship is noted. This year, we had no weapons to fight. It's a shame.

What was the hardest in England in the lives of all days?
The language! I do not speak a word of English so it was not clear. But it fits very easily and people are super. Driving, food, okay. Except when you should eat pasta at 10:00 am on game days: things change in France from the start.

"Open to any proposal"

Personally, after a mediocre start to the season, you come back with high-speed exploits in the Cup and congratulations to your coach, Brian Mac Dermott ...
This end of season is going pretty well. Earlier this season, I was not playing. It's going better, I score, it goes well with the coach: I hope it will continue.

Where are you contractually?
I still have two-year contract. But I have some keys for next season in the Premier League or to return to Ligue 1.

A return to France could you try?
Clearly, I would not be against a return to France. I have not been so lucky in my France (Lens). I had to go abroad but now I'm open to any suggestions because I'd be very happy to come play in Ligue 1.

You might discover the League 1 with Boulogne-sur-Mer if you had stayed ...
I looked at their course in Ligue 1. It is not obvious to them but it's never always obvious to a team of L2 rising in L1. They have a very big budget. I lived with these players in League 2. For them, it is not clear.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 28 Feb 2010 22:03

Merci. :oops: :lol:

Maquisard

by Maquisard » 28 Feb 2010 22:09

The gist of it is (and bear in mind that I last spoke French 30 years ago)...

Q. It was your dream to play in England. But after you arrived, Reading got relegated. Lucky for you, the team's doing well in the cup.
A. We nearly got promoted last year but we didn't win the last game. We didn't win the playoffs.
There were big changes among players and staff, but we've sorted ourselves out. The cup is special for us.

Q. Tell us about scoring the fastest cup goal
A. Well, they kicked off, I got the ball and scored. I didn't think "oh wow, how quick", I thought "good"

Q. What's it like in England
A. it's exactly what I was expecting. The football's great. I have no regrets

Q. The second flight in England's different from the second flight in France isn't it
A. Yes. It's much close to the top flight

Q. What's it like playing against mythic clubs like Crystal Palace, Newcastle, Ipswich, QPR, Notthingham Forest..
A. Newcastle's a big team that got relegated but still has all its good players.

Q. What was the toughest thing about moving to England
A. the language. I don't speak English. But it's been easy to settle in and the people are brilliant. The food, not so much

Q. You had a mediocre start but things are looking up
A. This end of season is looking good. I didn't play much at the beginning of the season, which was bad. But things are going well with the manager. I hope it continues

Q. Where are you contractually
A. I still have 2 years to go, but ...

Q. Would you come back to France
A. If I got the right offer

Biscuit

by Biscuit » 28 Feb 2010 22:09

I know the journalist who did the interview (I live in Paris). I'll ask him if there was anything else said 'off record'!

Maquisard

by Maquisard » 28 Feb 2010 22:10

Oh yes, and there was something about him liking playing football every 3 days - luckily, given how the rest of the season looks for us!

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 28 Feb 2010 22:11

obviously google translate is imperfect - Boulogne [u]don't[u] have a big budget - Crystal Palace a [u]mythical [u] club - but you get the gist

Linden Jones' Tash

by Linden Jones' Tash » 28 Feb 2010 22:15

and what's the deal with pasta for breakfast... Billy Whitehurst wouldn't stand for that... still if its the worst thing about being at Reading, can't be too bad

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 28 Feb 2010 22:16

Franchise FC
Big Foot Kebe for player of the season

That is not so far fetched as it might have sounded 6 weeks ago. :shock: 8)

Perhaps this should be recognised by a HobNob campaign to get him PFA Championship Player of the Month.

You know what I actually think he deserves it too.

http://fansaward.givemefootball.com/

Factfinder

by Factfinder » 04 Mar 2010 21:16

Plus en plus vite, allez Jimmy!

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2010 23:40

Well done Jimmy, 8 goals now in 20 starts

20 13 22.17 08 02.77 03 09-10 0249 Kebe

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 10 Mar 2010 23:40

Snowball Well done Jimmy, 8 goals now in 20 starts

20 13 22.17 08 02.77 03 09-10 0249 Kebe

Another two assists today too wasn't it?

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Mar 2010 23:51

Yes his assists have shot up, two today, one on Sunday

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Mar 2010 23:51

the guy is on fire wouldnt be surprised if someone came in for him this summer, cant see the club being proactive in giving him a longer deal

430 posts