now i care

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

now i care

by brendywendy » 06 Nov 2009 10:15

i started off this season, not really recognising many of the players, not liking the formation, being unsure about the managers public statements/style, but over the last few weeks, weve changed to 4-4-2, had a settled side, and ive started to get a real feel for some fo the kids, karacan, pearce, sigurddson, davies, and more importantly ive started to feel that the manager really does know what hes doing rather than just hoping,
and i have started to really like the guy.
when we lose badly, and the crowd get on his back i feel quite defensive, and i ve started to really give a toss about it all.i may even sing brendan rodgers barmy army on saturday :o

have i been taken in by the club spin? is it because weve had a win in the first time in ages?
is it just because my default position is to back the club? has this little bit of adversity has just brought me closer to the team? is it because i dont really know what im on about?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: now i care

by Royalee » 06 Nov 2009 10:19

Hooray!

Royal_Belly

by Royal_Belly » 06 Nov 2009 10:21

I felt exactly the same Brendy... I was questioning whether I actually cared anymore as I felt I wasn't "connecting" :oops: with the team, but for some reason after the QPR game (!) I got quite defensive of Brendan and the team.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 06 Nov 2009 10:25

i think that may have been my real turning point too, the sacked in tne morning chants, and his reaction in the interview afterwards
not that i was thinking about quitting watching, or stopping backing the team/club of course.
then the leicester and cov games, where the players really showed they were playing for him, and had real togetherness

i also think it may have reminded me about the kind of shit performances that got me into watching reading in the late nineties

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 06 Nov 2009 10:37

I had Alpen for breakfast

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 06 Nov 2009 10:38

He was beginning to lose me during the QPR game (I still didn't shout for his head or any of that nonsense, but I was concerned at the performance), but since then he's got more consistency with the team, played our creative players as opposed to the dross in the form of some of our 'senior' players and I'm very encouraged - hopefully we'll stick with Pearce, Sig, Marek, McAnuff, Karacan and Rasiak.

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 06 Nov 2009 10:45

brendywendy i started off this season, not really recognising many of the players, not liking the formation, being unsure about the managers public statements/style, but over the last few weeks, weve changed to 4-4-2, had a settled side, and ive started to get a real feel for some fo the kids, karacan, pearce, sigurddson, davies, and more importantly ive started to feel that the manager really does know what hes doing rather than just hoping,
when we lose badly, and the crowd get on his back i feel quite defensive, and i ve started to really give a toss about it all.i may even sing brendan rodgers barmy army on saturday :o

have i been taken in by the club spin? is it because weve had a win in the first time in ages?
is it just because my default position is to back the club? has this little bit of adversity has just brought me closer to the team? is it because i dont really know what im on about?

100% agreed Bendy. With the top bit mind, not your doubt-filled questions. Maybe the last one...

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 06 Nov 2009 10:45

brendywendy i started off this season, not really recognising many of the players, not liking the formation, being unsure about the managers public statements/style, but over the last few weeks, weve changed to 4-4-2, had a settled side, and ive started to get a real feel for some fo the kids, karacan, pearce, sigurddson, davies, and more importantly ive started to feel that the manager really does know what hes doing rather than just hoping,
when we lose badly, and the crowd get on his back i feel quite defensive, and i ve started to really give a toss about it all.i may even sing brendan rodgers barmy army on saturday

You've also recently stopped taking drugs!

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 06 Nov 2009 10:49

brendywendy then the leicester and cov games, where the players really showed they were playing for him, and had real togetherness

You got it - the spirit has really transferred from the pitch to the stands in the last two games. We had hints of it previously, but now it seems to have really sprung into life, as if the "group" as BR calls it had to hit some kind of bottom before they could bounce back, taking the fans with them. Let's just hope it's not another false dawn.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 06 Nov 2009 10:57

Such a massive game tomoz. Win it and we'll really feel like we've turned it round, lose and it will be such a massive kick in the balls.

I think Rosenior's return has stired a few emotions as well....

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 06 Nov 2009 11:00

I have to agree with this thread. I rarely post on this board, yet Reading FC runs
through my blood. I wondered whether my interest was starting to falter, but I am
really looking forward to tomorrow.
I feel I now know the new players, and what the management are trying to do.
I would love it if Brendan Rodgers turns out to be a legend of a manager at RFC.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 06 Nov 2009 11:00

How fickle can you get? One away win against Cov Reserves and a home performance that may have been reasonably pretty but still failed to generate any points.

Tomorrow is our biggest test of the season. The monkey is off Ipswich's back. Can we get a win at home?

I refuse to be sucked in by all the hyperbole of a few soundbites to the local media. Yes, I will be there to make noise and support the team tomorrow but I refuse to be carried away on an unrealistic as yet wave of over optimism.

Great Knolly

by Great Knolly » 06 Nov 2009 11:01

Whatever you think of Rodgers I think you have to admire his attitude throughout all of this . He has been so positive, and his confidence doesn't seem to have diminished at all . You may think he is deluded, but a lot of managers would have shown signs of cracking by now. His strength of character can only be a good thing for the team.

glenroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by glenroyal » 06 Nov 2009 11:07

I was one of those posting things like "IF Rodgers doesn't find his fixed team, he should go" ... and I have to say it was for that kind of reason.

You know their names and faces, but you just don't feel like they're "your team" until something connects and (bearing in mind that we're exiled supporters these days) I also kinda feel that might have happened. Here's hoping.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 06 Nov 2009 11:15

Terminal Boardom How fickle can you get? One away win against Cov Reserves and a home performance that may have been reasonably pretty but still failed to generate any points.

What's the point of being a football fan and not being fickle?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 06 Nov 2009 11:22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFefwtl8wvo&feature=channel

Enjoying listening to this - he makes some good points.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 06 Nov 2009 11:25

Spot on Brendy. The passion is back instead of the meh i was feeling. I still cannot bring myself yet to sing BR barmy army. Give it till we are possibly mid table before i do that.

ElmParker
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ElmParker » 06 Nov 2009 12:17

Royalee http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFefwtl8wvo&feature=channel

Enjoying listening to this - he makes some good points.

And some very familiar ones. @ 5m50s - on doing his pro-licence with Roy Keane: “He was a world class player. I was fortunate enough to have worked at a world class level in terms of coaching. So the standards were something we very much had in common.”

His one-man crusade to debase the term 'world class' by continually applying it to himself continues apace.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 06 Nov 2009 12:23

Terminal Boardom How fickle can you get? One away win against Cov Reserves and a home performance that may have been reasonably pretty but still failed to generate any points.

Tomorrow is our biggest test of the season. The monkey is off Ipswich's back. Can we get a win at home?

I refuse to be sucked in by all the hyperbole of a few soundbites to the local media. Yes, I will be there to make noise and support the team tomorrow but I refuse to be carried away on an unrealistic as yet wave of over optimism.

ditto. If we lose it will be very inetersting to gauge the reaction of the "wave riders".

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 06 Nov 2009 12:29

Man Friday

ditto. If we lose it will be very inetersting to gauge the reaction of the "wave riders".

I think Brendy's point was more along the lines of actually giving a fcuk at the moment rather than saying that Rodgers is the man now after 1 win.

At the start of the season I didn't care. I really didn't. The last two games have stirred something inside us all it seems.

Still far from convinced that BR's style will work as a manager at this level, but I really give a fcuk about the game tomoz for the 1st time this season...