Total votes: 52
RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: time for mooney?

by RoyalBlue » 02 Jan 2010 10:04

Pseud O'Nym
Arch How many times do you need to be told - THERE'S NO EFFIN' MOONEY!

I was just looking through the FAQ to see if I could find grounds to get the Sack the Board thread removed, sadly I found there is no sanity clause.

And rightly so, given that many might question the sanity of some of the other Board's actions.

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 02 Jan 2010 10:29

He has been unfortunate not to get a chance here, although if he was totally useless he would still be too good for this shower of shit that is Reading Fc nowadays.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 02 Jan 2010 13:00

He's been doing OK for Charlton, from what I can see on highlights--and they are probably a better team than us at the moment.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 02 Jan 2010 15:02

Irvinchangeyaname
skipper
Southbank Old Boy I saw enough to realise he just aint good enough to make a difference for us

Get him off the wage bill, and bring in a bit of a transfer fee if at all possible

But he was good enough for Norwich, where he banged in the goals. Though they got relegated, he still made a difference to their team in the same situation as us, this time last year.

And any striker worth their salt will put decent oppertunities away, its the rest of the team who has to create them. Is Church / Rasiak / Long guilty of missing gilt edge chances? Could Mooney do better? Well he won't if he's not playing.

What he said.

Mooney scored a few for Norwich yes, but Church has score a few for us, Rasiak has scored at a good enough rate too, Long has scored at a decent rate in the past (I dont expect him to repeat that btw) that doesnt mean they are good enough to turn our season round

From what I saw of Mooney he isnt better than what we have, scoring a few for Norwich doesnt change that

Mooney would also need to play instead of Rasiak if you ask me, both need someone alongside them to add a bit of running and strength. I cant Mooney being better than Rasiak, the one forward who is capable of scoring goals at this level, and I dont even think he offers enough to be on the bench because we need players BETTER than the ones we have, not worse

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Jan 2010 15:27

Mooney certainly isn't going to be better than Rasiak or Church, but when we only had Rasiak available and had a couple of games in quick succession, he should have been brought back.

It must surely be hard to argue that one striker on the pitch and none on the bench is a better option than bringing Mooney back if only for a couple of games.

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

Mooney on his way out?

by YateleyRoyal » 08 Jan 2010 18:31

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 08,00.html

Parky reveals that Mooney can stay til the end of the season....fail for us

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Mooney on his way out?

by Royalee » 08 Jan 2010 18:33

Two goals in eleven appearances is pretty poor at that level considering there are some clamouring for us to recall him.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 08 Jan 2010 18:34

Good luck to him I say.

UpNorth

by UpNorth » 08 Jan 2010 18:42

Confirmation of what the club have been saying recently. When he is fit again he can return to Charlton.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 08 Jan 2010 18:52

The best of luck to him wherever he goes cos he has never been given a chance to show the supporters what he can do.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 08 Jan 2010 19:04

Terminal Boardom The best of luck to him wherever he goes cos he has never been given a chance to show the supporters what he can do.

No, but he's shown the supporters of other clubs what he can do and that hasnt amounted to too much......

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Jan 2010 19:43

Wycombe Royal
Terminal Boardom The best of luck to him wherever he goes cos he has never been given a chance to show the supporters what he can do.

No, but he's shown the supporters of other clubs what he can do and that hasnt amounted to too much......

Indeed.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 08 Jan 2010 20:08

Wycombe Royal

+1

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Jan 2010 23:39

Royalee Two goals in eleven appearances is pretty poor at that level considering there are some clamouring for us to recall him.

Doesn't matter how bad he was, he would have been better than nothing when we were down to using Rasiak twice in a couple of days, on his own with no bench back up.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Jan 2010 00:46

Ian Royal
Royalee Two goals in eleven appearances is pretty poor at that level considering there are some clamouring for us to recall him.

Doesn't matter how bad he was, he would have been better than nothing when we were down to using Rasiak twice in a couple of days, on his own with no bench back up.

LLoyd Owusu wasn't great but did a job up front, for a time

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 09 Jan 2010 09:49

leon
Ian Royal

Yes, I remember that match when the ball accidentally hit him as well.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 09 Jan 2010 10:56

Norfolk Royal
leon

Yes, I remember that match when the ball accidentally hit him as well.

His lumbering around up front did at least distract the opposition defence for a bit.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jan 2010 14:40

leon
Ian Royal

Awful footballer for this level, but still scored a few goals for us and kept us ticking over as a side until we could bring in better.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 10 Jan 2010 01:12

Ian Royal
leon
Ian Royal

Awful footballer for this level, but still scored a few goals for us and kept us ticking over as a side until we could bring in better.

Exactly - the lumbering around helped us. And that goal against Ipswich. Needs must.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Jan 2010 01:13

I think we're agreeing, which is pretty unusual for HNA?