Brendan's moaning again!

169 posts
Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

Brendan's moaning again!

by Compo's Hat » 08 Jan 2010 11:35

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... yself.html

Looking for sympathy and he's not getting any from me. There's a reason you got sacked and that interview tries to make it sound like none of this was your fault, prick!

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Brendan's moaning again!

by rg6royal » 08 Jan 2010 11:48

I can see where he is coming from though. Managers just don't get a chance anymore. I blame money...

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 08 Jan 2010 11:49

I don't think he's moaning. I think he has it absolutely right. Had we lined up a better manager, that would be understandable. That we haven't makes the timing of the sacking a bit of a mystery. I'm not surprised he's baffled.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 08 Jan 2010 11:53

it was obvious that results and performances were improving, still not great but improving. It was a strange time to sack him and i would have liked to have seen what he could do after the transfer window.

Im slightly, only slightly warming to mcdermott, he comes across pretty well and i quite like his team selections and subs so far, so im happy for him to have the rest of the season to prove he can do it.

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 08 Jan 2010 12:06

Compo's Hat http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2799249/I-never-had-chance-to-prove-myself.html

Looking for sympathy and he's not getting any from me. There's a reason you got sacked and that interview tries to make it sound like none of this was your fault, prick!

Or to put it another way; Rodgers is making a serious and perfectly valid point.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 08 Jan 2010 12:07

plenty of sense, sure he could make it as a sky pundit if all doesnt work out managerial

still think we should of kept him!!!

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 08 Jan 2010 12:12

The tactics were still clueless, can't be bothered to explain again why it was right he went but he's trying to give himself a good name to get himself another job.

Just wait until Royalee gets started on this thread!!!

Mr Optimist
Hob Nob Regular

by Mr Optimist » 08 Jan 2010 12:13

Thought what he said in that article was perfectly reasonable.

He says things were starting to turn around but it took him 20 odd games to do so at Watford as well which we all knew about. We changed manager and a team in weeks, bar two players, and cannot have expected it all to suddenly gel.

Just can't help thinking there is much more to this as the timing was strange, I'm sure it'll come out in time.

I thought we were too hasty and good luck to him for the future.

Gav
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Gav » 08 Jan 2010 12:17

CMRoyal Had we lined up a better manager, that would be understandable. That we haven't makes the timing of the sacking a bit of a mystery.

We did have a better manager lined up. And he's now in charge.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Jan 2010 12:18

Compo's Hat http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/2799249/I-never-had-chance-to-prove-myself.html

You're the prick if you can't see he was harshly sacked. We'll get what we deserve when we go down though - Rodgers is spot on with what he says.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Jan 2010 12:19

Gav
CMRoyal Had we lined up a better manager, that would be understandable. That we haven't makes the timing of the sacking a bit of a mystery.

Yeah, he did a brilliant job at Home Park last week.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 08 Jan 2010 12:20

Royalee
Gav

Yeah, he did a brilliant job at Home Park last week.

Still not as bad as QPR, at least the opposition had 11 players on the pitch.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Jan 2010 12:21

QPR with 9 men are better than Plymouth - worst team I'd seen all season by a country mile apart from our performance against them.

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 08 Jan 2010 12:23

Compo's Hat The tactics were still clueless, can't be bothered to explain again why it was right he went but he's trying to give himself a good name to get himself another job.

Just wait until Royalee gets started on this thread!!!

Agreed, Rodgers is just trying to represent himself as a reasonable, desirable manager; this is out of order.

Gav
CMRoyal Had we lined up a better manager, that would be understandable.
That we haven't makes the timing of the sacking a bit of a mystery.

LOLWUT

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 08 Jan 2010 12:29

Royalee

You're the prick if you can't see he was harshly sacked. We'll get what we deserve when we go down though - Rodgers is spot on with what he says.

HaROFLsh! We were going down with him in charge, at least i had a few days of hope when he went.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 08 Jan 2010 12:29

Royalee QPR with 9 men are better than Plymouth - worst team I'd seen all season by a country mile apart from our performance against them.

Yet McDermott has produced the best performance of the season, and a very spirited show at Bristol City. Despite him having to manage Rodgers mess. I might usually have some more sympathy for a managers early demise but Rodgers was such a cock and made such a mess of it here I find it particularly hard to.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 08 Jan 2010 12:32

Alan Partridge
Royalee QPR with 9 men are better than Plymouth - worst team I'd seen all season by a country mile apart from our performance against them.

Yet McDermott has produced the best performance of the season, and a very spirited show at Bristol City. Despite him having to manage Rodgers mess. I might usually have some more sympathy for a managers early demise but Rodgers was such a cock and made such a mess of it here I find it particularly hard to.

Two points - one against a team bang out of form in Bristol City which we only managed to nick in the last minute despite dominating the game (lack of forwards again, Madejski's fault not Rodgers'), another at home to Swansea when they had a goal disallowed in the last minute, a 4-1 mauling at the hands of the arguably the worst team in the division. One decent performance against a Liverpool team which simply didn't turn up and everything is rosy again, and they were there for the taking last Saturday!

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 08 Jan 2010 12:33

He is correct.
The sacking was harsh.
The club is in a much worse position now he has gone.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 08 Jan 2010 12:34

Royalee
Alan Partridge

Two points - one against a team bang out of form in Bristol City which we only managed to nick in the last minute despite dominating the game (lack of forwards again, Madejski's fault not Rodgers'), another at home to Swansea when they had a goal disallowed in the last minute, a 4-1 mauling at the hands of the arguably the worst team in the division. One decent performance against a Liverpool team which simply didn't turn up and everything is rosy again, and they were there for the taking last Saturday!

So Rodgers mouthing off about Tommy Smith had nothing to do with our lack of firepower :roll:

Tails
Hob Nob Regular

by Tails » 08 Jan 2010 12:35

It was a special kind of fcuk up re Tommy Smith - we should all be proud!!!! 8)

169 posts