McDermott the next best thing to getting Coppell back

Binfield Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

McDermott the next best thing to getting Coppell back

by Binfield Royal » 27 Jan 2010 19:03

I have posted elsewhere that with Brian, what you see is what you get. He is experienced in football, can spot talent (Doyle, Kitson Hunt et al), knows the ethos of the club and yet he still wants the job.

With Brian there will be no upside down Christmas tree formations or other Chelsea wannabe rubbish. It will be mostly fast paced 4 4 2 as it was with Coppell and as soon as we get a striker that can score, we will start winning matches.

I for one am going to support my club 100%. I think Brian will save the club from relegation and he has the know how and contacts to rebuild the team in the style of Coppell because he knows this inside out.

the players have said thay want to play for him so now its up to them to prove it. This team can beat a full strengh Liverpool side FFS.

The decision has been made and any amount of keyboard warrior moaning wont change it so get behind the team and enjoy the football - win lose or draw.

Finally, a message to the miserable moaners who think this is a poor appointment - what did you expect? Do you seriously think we could afford Curbishley, Mark Hughes, Souness or some other top manager? Get real - we cant afford these people and we won't be spending millions on players which is how these managers operate but at the same time, we are not in administration and our players are being paid on time.

Would you rather be a Palace or Portsmouth supporter?

st george

Re: McDermott the next best thing to getting Coppell back

by st george » 27 Jan 2010 19:13

Far too sensible a post , pissing in the wind on here mate . :D

Royal We
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal We » 27 Jan 2010 19:14

Binfield Royal He ... knows the ethos of the club.
?

When you say ethos, is it an acronym for
Every
Thing
Here's
On
Sale
?

bassavage

by bassavage » 27 Jan 2010 19:19

Binfield Royal I have posted elsewhere that with Brian, what you see is what you get. He is experienced in football, can spot talent (Doyle, Kitson Hunt et al), knows the ethos of the club and yet he still wants the job.

With Brian there will be no upside down Christmas tree formations or other Chelsea wannabe rubbish. It will be mostly fast paced 4 4 2 as it was with Coppell and as soon as we get a striker that can score, we will start winning matches.

I for one am going to support my club 100%. I think Brian will save the club from relegation and he has the know how and contacts to rebuild the team in the style of Coppell because he knows this inside out.

the players have said thay want to play for him so now its up to them to prove it. This team can beat a full strengh Liverpool side FFS.

The decision has been made and any amount of keyboard warrior moaning wont change it so get behind the team and enjoy the football - win lose or draw.

Finally, a message to the miserable moaners who think this is a poor appointment - what did you expect? Do you seriously think we could afford Curbishley, Mark Hughes, Souness or some other top manager? Get real - we cant afford these people and we won't be spending millions on players which is how these managers operate but at the same time, we are not in administration and our players are being paid on time.

Would you rather be a Palace or Portsmouth supporter?

Top post - as also said on previous posts, Brian Howard said that he wanted Madejski to sort out the managerial situation out fast. Obviously it must have been getting to the players and now they know he's the man for good, maybe, just maybe, we might start to see an improvement.

The next 6 weeks are absolutely enormous, possibly the biggest 6 weeks in the clubs modern history. So let's get behind the boys.

URRRRZZZ!

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 27 Jan 2010 19:30

typical hna twat Fcuk off you RTG prick. MAdejski is shit, BMc is shit, the players are shit blah blah blah

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 27 Jan 2010 19:31

winchester_royal
West Stand Royal Fcuk off you RTG prick. MAdejski is shit, BMc is shit, the players are shit blah blah blah

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Jan 2010 19:35

McDermott, the next worst thing to getting Coppell back - there, I've corrected it for you.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 27 Jan 2010 19:37

Binfield Royal Would you rather be a Palace or Portsmouth supporter?

Neither.

Decent post.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Jan 2010 19:39

rob the royal

Neither.

Decent post.

That's like saying 'hooray, my wife's left me, my kids hate me, I've lost my job, but at least I don't have cancer.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 27 Jan 2010 19:39

:|

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 27 Jan 2010 19:40

Royalee
rob the royal

Neither.

Decent post.

That's like saying 'hooray, my wife's left me, my kids hate me, I've lost my job, but at least I don't have cancer.

No it isn't, because you're wife not leaving you doesn't lead to cancer.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 27 Jan 2010 19:42

im growing rather tired of people thinking that that Coppell or McDermott are the best candidates for the job because they know the players and the club so well.

Can you not see that the reason why we are here are now is because of everything Reading Fc at the moment, confidence is totally shot from the fcukwitt serving rollover hotdogs to the chairman at the very top, and to want to 'keep continuety' just dumfounds me, its our insistence to do this thats will almost certainly cost our place in the top 2 divisions.We are in a massive rut.

This club needs a total overhaul from a very successful period in our history that is now GONE. We should be making wholesale changes in management, coaching, scout, and boardroom staff, this club needs to start again with a totally new outlook and goal.

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 27 Jan 2010 19:43

Royalee
rob the royal

Neither.

Decent post.

:lol:

Unfortunately you are right!

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Jan 2010 19:43

winchester_royal
Royalee

That wasn't my point believe it or not.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 27 Jan 2010 19:44

Royalee
winchester_royal
Royalee

That wasn't my point believe it or not.

I think you miss my point. We're being run like this in order to stop ourselves from turning into a Pompey or Palace. Which is correct IMHO.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 27 Jan 2010 19:45

You don't understand economics, don't kid yourself that you do.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 27 Jan 2010 19:46

Royalee You don't understand economics, don't kid yourself that you do.

That the best you can do? Pathetic.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 27 Jan 2010 19:49

The whole point of Rodgers going at the time he did I felt 'well they must want Ferguson'. He was out of work and wanting to get back in, had made noises about us in the press and we clearly wanted him in the summer.

Reading aren't a sacking club so to see Rodgers fired at the time he was suggested and different agenda like the above from the board. Rodgers hadn't even totally lost the fans. OK quite a few on here myself included didn't like or rate him, but I never saw 1 banner, any Rodgers Out at a home match, demonstrations or anything of that sort. So it was out of the blue the news.

So a plan must have been in place surely?

We tag along for a month and just hire the scout without even once actively seeking out a new manager.

So Rodgers, a man that 6 months earlier was headhunted from Watford, Reading went out on a limb to get him, appoint an entire back room staff, allow him money to buy players with and hand him a 3 year deal, is out after 20 games to be replaced by the chief scout.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, the whole episode is one of the worst and most ridiculous things to ever involve Reading FC in it's entire history.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 27 Jan 2010 19:51

Alan Partridge The whole point of Rodgers going at the time he did I felt 'well they must want Ferguson'. He was out of work and wanting to get back in, had made noises about us in the press and we clearly wanted him in the summer.

Reading aren't a sacking club so to see Rodgers fired at the time he was suggested and different agenda like the above from the board. Rodgers hadn't even totally lost the fans. OK quite a few on here myself included didn't like or rate him, but I never saw 1 banner, any Rodgers Out at a home match, demonstrations or anything of that sort. So it was out of the blue the news.

So a plan must have been in place surely?

We tag along for a month and just hire the scout without even once actively seeking out a new manager.

So Rodgers, a man that 6 months earlier was headhunted from Watford, Reading went out on a limb to get him, appoint an entire back room staff, allow him money to buy players with and hand him a 3 year deal, is out after 20 games to be replaced by the chief scout.

It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, the whole episode is one of the worst and most ridiculous things to ever involve Reading FC in it's entire history.

Sadly I agree with this entire post. Utter shambles.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by winchester_royal » 27 Jan 2010 19:52

It's a tad cruel to refer to BMc as 'the scout' is it not?

Is this not the same reaction to when Pardew replaced Burns?