Spotted! - Royals special

148 posts
RFCUK

Re: Spotted! - Royals special

by RFCUK » 13 Jun 2010 12:19

loyalroyal4life Interesting, has anyone ever seen a reading shirt/flag or anything related to the royals at an england match?

Seeing all those fans from millwall etc with their flags got me thinking that i cant recall anything relating to reading being seen at a game?

I swear last night there was a giant banner with the word Royals on it.. Not sure if anyone calls themselves the Royals and there was no RFC or anything like that though..

YateleyRoyal
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Either screwing or working, so the grind don't stop

by YateleyRoyal » 13 Jun 2010 12:48

RFCUK
loyalroyal4life Interesting, has anyone ever seen a reading shirt/flag or anything related to the royals at an england match?

Seeing all those fans from millwall etc with their flags got me thinking that i cant recall anything relating to reading being seen at a game?

I swear last night there was a giant banner with the word Royals on it.. Not sure if anyone calls themselves the Royals and there was no RFC or anything like that though..

Yeah, there's this family with the surname Windsor, quite a fierce matriarch, they travel about quite a lot and have several homes in different places, a bit like gypos. Maybe it was them?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 13 Jun 2010 12:49

RFCUK

It was the RAF Royals flag that used to be deployed in the NE corner. Haven't seen it for a couple of years though.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 13 Jun 2010 13:02

RFCUK

don't think it was rfc related unfortunately

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 13 Jun 2010 14:45

Kansas City Royals?

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 13 Jun 2010 16:46

In the Coca-Cola "celebrations" advert there's an England flag with "READING" on it

North Eaat royal
Location: Part of that defence that didn't turn up after 2.45 on Sunday

by North Eaat royal » 13 Jun 2010 16:50

always one when England are playing cricket

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 13 Jun 2010 16:53

chilipepper91 In the Coca-Cola "celebrations" advert there's an England flag with "READING" on it
I said that and someone on here played a you tube version of it and questioned me. Pah.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 13 Jun 2010 17:04

Royal Lady
chilipepper91 In the Coca-Cola "celebrations" advert there's an England flag with "READING" on it
I said that and someone on here played a you tube version of it and questioned me. Pah.

Calm down dear, it's only a commercial.

Urinal Mint

by Urinal Mint » 13 Jun 2010 17:18

RFCUK Slightly off topic, stumbled across Bramall Lane yesterday while driving through Sheffield to see a customer.. Bit of a shite hole to say the least..

bramall lane is a lovely stadium inside, and generates a good atmosphere too. Far better than the madejski stadium!

i_kingsley

by i_kingsley » 13 Jun 2010 17:36

2 years ago i noticed a kid wearing a shirt at alower league game just outside Akron ohio i was wearing mine as well and there dad came upto me and found out he came from reading and now lived over here
we sat and talked for the rest of the game .... never going to watch one of those game again it more exciting going to watch my kid play

LUX
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by LUX » 13 Jun 2010 17:52

I was in a small hotel in Santa Barbara CA last summer, met a British couple, talked about football and..............he turned out to be a RFC STH who travels to every home game from Kent.

chilipepper91
Hob Nob Regular

by chilipepper91 » 13 Jun 2010 19:03

Ian Royal
Royal Lady

Calm down dear, it's only a commercial.

tbf it's regionalised - the one with Wrighty doing the v/o isn't on Youtube.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 13 Jun 2010 19:16

A Reading flag at the world cup.
Last edited by LoyalRoyalFan on 14 Jul 2010 23:41, edited 4 times in total.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 13 Jun 2010 19:19

Row Z Royal
RFCUK

It was the RAF Royals flag that used to be deployed in the NE corner. Haven't seen it for a couple of years though.

Was at the Villa match.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 13 Jun 2010 19:20

A massive one behind the goal at the Brazil match in Qatar.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 13 Jun 2010 21:43

There's a very prominent one in footage of England v Argentina in 1998 when Sol Campbell has a goal disallowed. Just behind the goal.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 13 Jun 2010 22:04

Saw a Reading flag at the England vs Spain friendly in Seville last February

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 13 Jun 2010 22:59

Saw a Royals flag on TV whilst watching England v USA yesterday. Also, pretty sure there was a few pictures on here of a Reading flag at the 2006 World Cup.

General B
Hob Nob Regular

by General B » 14 Jun 2010 08:25

My favourite Reading flag spot ever has to be at Tyson v Bruno - a huge Union Jack with 'Tyler's Rest Reading' painted crudely across the middle.

Lovely.

148 posts